Club Nintendo Coin Values for Gamer Registration dropping on 7/1/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3razerviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The points you gain for registering games will be changing on 7/1 on club Nintendo. Some are going up (very few) and MANY MANY are going down. A lot to about 40% their original values (60% drop). So that will make some Nintendo rewards much more expensive. If you have any backlog get them registered if they are going down.

Yes I know it can be argued this is not a deal or it can be argued it is. If the mods want to move this they can. The link below has the new values note the tabs for each different console.

https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

Going hunting tonight. Will have a couple extra club N codes to sell/trade. I know I have a spare Kirby and will probably have an extra Wii Sports and/or Twilight Princess Nintendo Selects codes depending on what I find. PM me if you want to trade codes for codes or something.

I've actually snagged a few things from the Nintendo Club. My favorites are the reversible DSi XL pouches and the Luigi hat 3DS pouch. I'd like to get the Mario pouch too.

I normally wait until the new year starts so I can add a whole bunch and get to platinum status with all the points I saved up from the past year of games.

I tried to not care about Club Nintendo since the first year all I got was the Mario hat. So I didn't bother registering enough the next year and missed out on the cool statue. So now I register just to make sure I don't miss out on anything cool.

I have an extra Metroid: Other M code and an extra Kirby's Epic Yarn code. They are both currently worth 50 and will be going down to 20 on 7/1. Anyone want to trade for anything?

Yeah, a lot of the codes are going to drop in coin value drastically. Looking at past years membership prizes, I'd rather put coins in rather than save than wait and put them in next CN year.

So no one mentioned it, but what are the chances we'd be able to "lock in" the current coin value by registering our codes and just not completing the survey until July, so we can apply them to next year's platinum?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So no one mentioned it, but what are the chances we'd be able to "lock in" the current coin value by registering our codes and just not completing the survey until July, so we can apply them to next year's platinum?[/QUOTE]

How would that work? You could do it with one if you time it just right I suppose. If you don't complete the survey it won't give you the credit so how would you be able to lock in the coins?

Update on my finds: No extras it seems. TRUs in the valley are pretty well cleared out already. Got Wii Sports, Mario Strikers, Pikmin 2 (shocked they had it!), and Mario Tennis. Going to redeem the first 2 tonight and save the other two for after the new year to get the same coin values but get them to count towards next year.

The only extra Club N codes I have is 1 Kirby Epic Yarn and 2 Dragon Quest IXs. Will trade for just about anything I don't have. PM me if you have extra Nintendo Selects (Zelda, Punch-Out, Mario Galaxy, and Animal Crossing are the ones I don't have) or any other random codes and I'll see if I can use them.

Thanks for the reminder OP. I just barely managed to scrape Platinum status. Hope some good things come with it. :D

EDIT: Also, if we've already registered a game and it's going up in coin value, will that be applied to our accounts after July 1st?

Fyi if you have an extra copy of the game add a user to your account then login under that account and add it for the extra points. I for example had multiple fling smash codes cause it was a cheaper way to for me to get wiimote + at the time The accounts points get pooled.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Fyi if you have an extra copy of the game add a user to your account then login under that account and add it for the extra points. I for example had multiple fling smash codes cause it was a cheaper way to for me to get wiimote + at the time The accounts points get pooled.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this info. I know for a fact I have a few duplicates.

is there somewhere to check for a game's coin value? or is there a general rule? ex: all DS games are 30, wii games 50? (except new releases)

So I just did Wii Sports and this is what I got:

2zh37te.png

Not complaining by any means, 10 extra coins is pretty sweet as it was my understanding Wii Sports was only worth 50. Here's hoping Mario Sluggers does the same...

Update: Sluggers was only worth 50 coins. Darn!

[quote name='nieon']is there somewhere to check for a game's coin value? or is there a general rule? ex: all DS games are 30, wii games 50? (except new releases)[/QUOTE]

Check the link in the origional post

Thanks for this. I don't have enough to get up to platinum (Darn) so I was holding onto a few games, but seeing as one will only be worth 20 after tomorrow I entered the code for it. Shame I'm going to miss platinum as this'll probably be the only time I'll ever get close to it. Oh well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I just did Wii Sports and this is what I got:

2zh37te.png

Not complaining by any means, 10 extra coins is pretty sweet as it was my understanding Wii Sports was only worth 50. Here's hoping Mario Sluggers does the same...

Update: Sluggers was only worth 50 coins. Darn![/QUOTE]

Where the heck is the Wii Sports code located?

[quote name='Smike']Thanks for this. I don't have enough to get up to platinum (Darn) so I was holding onto a few games, but seeing as one will only be worth 20 after tomorrow I entered the code for it. Shame I'm going to miss platinum as this'll probably be the only time I'll ever get close to it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
I'm torn on what to do. I need 9 DS games to get to Platinum but I only have 7 (thanks to the post earlier about how to set up another account, I collected some empty cases to use for GBA games).

So, it's either lose some of my potential points, or lose a head start on platinum status for next year. May be I get lucky and get a few more codes today... but probably not.

[quote name='ASB37']Where the heck is the Wii Sports code located?[/QUOTE]

It's in the box? I'm going to assume you bought a Wii with it included? Club Nintendo hasn't been around that long so there probably isnt a code with yours if you bought yours at launch like I did. I bought the Nintendo Selects edition (you can see a the box art in my pic).

[quote name='Sietingz3']Anyone have some extra point's they would be willing to trade? I only need a few more for Plat.[/QUOTE]

Trade for? Other CN codes?

Anyone who has recently PM'ed me, I'll follow up tomorrow.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']How would that work? You could do it with one if you time it just right I suppose. If you don't complete the survey it won't give you the credit so how would you be able to lock in the coins?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']I'm 99.9% sure you can't lock in coins ahead of time. They get credited right away.[/QUOTE]

Well I haven't redeemed anything since the site change/policy change; but I swear that if you entered a code before and just closed the window of your browser at the registration survey, it'd save it under your To Do list and set like a week long expiration to do the initial survey. I mean, I could by WAY off and completely wrong; but I'm just wondering ways to get around this BS. I'm gonna pick up a $2 DS shovelware game to try it out later today...not expecting it to work, but whatever.

I'm just wondering now which is better/more efficient, getting more coins and not having it help towards platinum status or getting less coins and having them goto your Platinum status for next year.

[quote name='duderanch']Free code to anyone that wants it (WarioWare Wii)

WKR-WJ3V-D8A6-ZGX[/QUOTE]

Someone redeemed it and didn't even say thank you :roll:

I have two extra FlingSmash codes I'll trade. They are worth 50 dropping to 30. PM if interested.

Otherwise I'll try the multi-user trick.

If anyone recently PMed me I did not receive them... the max of 150 messages is NO WHERE near enough for an inbox on a forum with a marketplace/trade section. I have 1000 limit on another site and that still isn't enough for me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I just did Wii Sports and this is what I got:

2zh37te.png

Update: Sluggers was only worth 50 coins. Darn![/QUOTE]

Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere but picking up a couple of the Nintendo Selects games via the TRU B1G1 75% sales is easy coins. Pikmin 2 just gave me 60 coins as well.

Hey all, making a quick trade list for anyone who needs points.

Wants:

Wii:
Mario Tennis (new play control)
Pikmin 2 (new play control)
Order Up
Link Crossbow Training

DS:
Tetris
Brain Age: train your brain
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Personal Trainer: Math
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Electroplankton
Planet Puzzle League

Haves:

Wii:
Flingsmash

3DS:
All three Nintendogs
Steel Diver
Pilotwings
Madagascar 3
Deer Drive Legends
Resident Evil Revelaitons

[quote name='Romeo']I've seen the pillow but why are you asking? That isn't offered in the US.[/QUOTE]

Usually America's Platinum members gets Japan's platinum reward from the previous year. So if the pattern follows then that will be the platinum prize for this year.

[quote name='Progamer665']Usually America's Platinum members gets Japan's platinum reward from the previous year. So if the pattern follows then that will be the platinum prize for this year.[/QUOTE]

Umm... not always. Still waiting for my Classic SNES wii gamepad to show up in the US.

Frankly, last year's pin set was a kick in the balls.

BY the way, not all values are going down... actually, some DS games are going up in value, such as Pokemon Black & White, Mario Kart DS, and Animal Crossing: Wild World. weird.

[quote name='stavros45']Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere but picking up a couple of the Nintendo Selects games via the TRU B1G1 75% sales is easy coins. Pikmin 2 just gave me 60 coins as well.[/QUOTE]

Yea Pikmin 2 is supposed to give 60 coins for a few more weeks. Wii Sports is supposed to give only 50. I'm waiting and registering mine next week so I can start building towards platinum for next year. I knew about the TRU deal, that's how I scooped up a few Selects for this endeavor.

Is there any way to register the Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort if they came with a system? I only got one Pin with my system and it only registered the system.

If anyone's selling some cheap codes I have points expiring (not quite enough to buy anything) so I'd like to buy a couple codes to be able to redeem for something (not paying much but something reasonable). I also have some Square Enix codes I could trade for Club Nintendo. PM me.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']If anyone's selling some cheap codes I have points expiring (not quite enough to buy anything) so I'd like to buy a couple codes to be able to redeem for something (not paying much but something reasonable). I also have some Square Enix codes I could trade for Club Nintendo. PM me.[/QUOTE]

PM me. Your mail box is full. You gotta clear it to receive messages.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']If anyone's selling some cheap codes I have points expiring (not quite enough to buy anything) so I'd like to buy a couple codes to be able to redeem for something (not paying much but something reasonable). I also have some Square Enix codes I could trade for Club Nintendo. PM me.[/QUOTE]

Check a few posts above for my available codes.

Any recommendations on what to redeem for? Have 20 coins expiring of my 600...not sure if I should buy something or just lose em and work toward the Game and Watch for 1200.

Already have the games they are offering.

[quote name='theironunkind']Any recommendations on what to redeem for? Have 20 coins expiring of my 600...not sure if I should buy something or just lose em and work toward the Game and Watch for 1200.

Already have the games they are offering.[/QUOTE]

IMO I wouldn't waste points on the large items. They're outrageously overpriced and can be bought for $20 or less online.

Thanks for the heads up on this -- registered a few games I was hanging on to for the next cycle, but I'd rather have the higher point totals.

Maybe they are tightening up the points in preparation for better / higher point rewards? [wishful thinking, I know].

Not sure if it's been asked, but are you able to get points for more than one console of the same type registered to one club nintendo account?

Like would I be able to receive 320 coins for registering two normal 3DS'? Or am I limited to just 160 coins form one 3DS?

Also I'm assuming that if I pick up a 3DS XL later this year I'll at least be able to get a separate 160-200 coin gain from that?

[quote name='excellen']Not sure if it's been asked, but are you able to get points for more than one console of the same type registered to one club nintendo account?

Like would I be able to receive 320 coins for registering two normal 3DS'? Or am I limited to just 160 coins form one 3DS?

Also I'm assuming that if I pick up a 3DS XL later this year I'll at least be able to get a separate 160-200 coin gain from that?[/QUOTE]

I believe the answer is yes to both. I registered 2 3DSs at launch and the answer to the latter is that since it's a different SKU so there should be 0 problems registering for extra credits.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Will unredeemed points be deleted after today?[/QUOTE]

It depends when you redeemed the codes. There will warn you under your coins if some are expiring.

I really just need those last 10 coins. Anyone want any one of this months games in club nintendo in exchange for a code? I dont need any pokemon codes. Nintendogs would be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back