Club Nintendo Coin Values for Gamer Registration dropping on 7/1/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3razerviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The points you gain for registering games will be changing on 7/1 on club Nintendo. Some are going up (very few) and MANY MANY are going down. A lot to about 40% their original values (60% drop). So that will make some Nintendo rewards much more expensive. If you have any backlog get them registered if they are going down.

Yes I know it can be argued this is not a deal or it can be argued it is. If the mods want to move this they can. The link below has the new values note the tabs for each different console.

https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I believe the answer is yes to both. I registered 2 3DSs at launch and the answer to the latter is that since it's a different SKU so there should be 0 problems registering for extra credits.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK you can registered an unlimited amount of consoles. I have multiple 3DSs registered. The Zelda edition though does not come up, it makes you pick a plain colored edition.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Will unredeemed points be deleted after today?[/QUOTE]

If you look under 'my account' or whatever it will say if any coins are expiring.

Anybody have trouble finding Pikmin 2 instore? I've checked Best Buy, Toys R' Us, 3 Walmarts, Target, and 3 Gamestops and nobody has it in stock. I hope it holds its point value... I know it will retain the 10 extra coins until July 10th, but I haven't seen or heard any confirmation that it will retain the base rate of 50 coins (I imagine it would go to 20 coins like the other Nintendo Select titles.)

May be the wrong place but I have about 20-25 codes(including duplicates and mostly 3DS codes) for sale for $3 paypal each. If you are interested PM and let me know which game you DON'T need codes for so we dont go back and forth. You will get your codes before the end of the day if I happen to go outside because I wont be carrying them on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OtakuFerret']Anybody have trouble finding Pikmin 2 locally? I've checked Best Buy, 3 Walmarts, Target, and 3 Gamestops and nobody has it in stock. I hope it holds its point value... I know it will retain the 10 extra coins until July 10th, but I haven't seen or heard any confirmation that it will retain the base rate of 50 coins (I imagine it would go to 20 coins like the other Nintendo Select titles.)[/QUOTE]

If it's not on the coin drop list it shouldn't drop in value. I'm counting on it to hold value for next years credit towards platinum.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Anybody have trouble finding Pikmin 2 instore? I've checked Best Buy, Toys R' Us, 3 Walmarts, Target, and 3 Gamestops and nobody has it in stock. I hope it holds its point value... I know it will retain the 10 extra coins until July 10th, but I haven't seen or heard any confirmation that it will retain the base rate of 50 coins (I imagine it would go to 20 coins like the other Nintendo Select titles.)[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesn't carry it... best buy and target are fully available in my area.

[quote name='Tygamr']Yeah, last time it got pulled, it was because they were in really high demand. This time, it's because they discontinued it. Looked the other day hoping to redeem some coins for it, but it was gone- last time it was just listed under currently unavailable. Really sucks. Hopefully they bring it back- knowing Nintendo, they probably won't. :cry:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179419[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I was sitting on 240 points.

I wouldn't get too down though. They might have discontinued this case but that doesn't mean they won't create a 24 game case or something similar or even better.

If anyone needs to hit gold/platinum by the end of the night, let me know. I have extra codes and can respond pretty quickly.

If you'd like to trade, I'm down for many things, especially digital copies for movies.

[quote name='Romeo']If anyone needs to hit gold/platinum by the end of the night, let me know. I have extra codes and can respond pretty quickly.

If you'd like to trade, I'm down for many things, especially digital copies for movies.[/QUOTE]

I'd trade codes with you. How can we talk? PM?

[quote name='phogoodness']I'd trade codes with you. How can we talk? PM?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, feel free. Inbox is almost full again... way too small of a limit.

So, there's no speculation as to what the plat reward is this year? Aren't there usually rumors that are either spot on or pretty close?

Sorry, kind of excited since it's my first plat year...

[quote name='Romeo']Yeah, feel free. Inbox is almost full again... way too small of a limit.[/QUOTE]

I've complained several times about the 150 limit. Of course somone may have replied, but my inbox was probably full. ;)

I deleted 100 messages and I am back to full capacity again. There also isn't a way to forward sent messages to your email address. You can get the inbox ones sent to your email, but not the sent folder items.

[quote name='JKSonic']So, there's no speculation as to what the plat reward is this year? Aren't there usually rumors that are either spot on or pretty close?

Sorry, kind of excited since it's my first plat year...[/QUOTE]

Most rumors are just what Japan got. This year should be the 8 bit mario pillow, which I would love! Beyond that, it could be Kirby as Nintendo is going all out for it.

[quote name='slowdive21']I've complained several times about the 150 limit. Of course somone may have replied, but my inbox was probably full. ;)

I deleted 100 messages and I am back to full capacity again. There also isn't a way to forward sent messages to your email address. You can get the inbox ones sent to your email, but not the sent folder items.[/QUOTE]

Inbox just went full again. I did get a few more club Nintendo codes as well for members who are in need. I'll reply soon.

[quote name='admiralvic']Most rumors are just what Japan got. This year should be the 8 bit mario pillow, which I would love! Beyond that, it could be Kirby as Nintendo is going all out for it.[/QUOTE]

I'd much MUCH rather Mario than get a pink pillow... so yeah I'm pulling for the 8bit Mario pillow. It's actually kinda cool, I'd be happy with that I guess.

I'd really like to get something Metroid related. Since, you know, they did jack all for the 25th anniversary.

[quote name='Kendro']Well that sucks. I was sitting on 240 points.

I wouldn't get too down though. They might have discontinued this case but that doesn't mean they won't create a 24 game case or something similar or even better.[/QUOTE]

I must of gotten lucky then. I got a notice that exactly 200 points were expiring last month so I went on and grabbed the case as it looked cool and was exactly the point value i was about to lose. I used to have a 3ds for a week then returned it and now im sticking with Vita

Well anyone who is close to gold/platinum let me know. I have some codes available and don't want you to miss out on the yearly reward.

ARGH, I have at least 3 Wii games going from 50->20 but I can't find them. Wish I would've read this sooner to have time to find them. That said I am registering enough at least to get Platinum this year, thanks for the head's up since I had decided to just stay Gold until I read this.

Oh, where did I put you, Animal Crossing City Folk bought on clearance?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Any guess on what time this will go live? I mean, will this be 7/1 time zone independent?[/QUOTE]

Well what go live? The new monthly changes?

[quote name='Romeo']Well what go live? The new monthly changes?[/QUOTE]

...yes...basically wondering if I should even bother looking for my old unused wii codes or not

EDIT: Romeo, did you by chance get my PM? I know you said your box was full, but back when I sent it the other day I didn't get any "box full" errors.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...yes...basically wondering if I should even bother looking for my old unused wii codes or not[/QUOTE]

Are you good for the current year?

I'd wait a couple days for the next yearly reward. I always try to avoid registering the too quickly.

[quote name='Romeo']Are you good for the current year?

I'd wait a couple days for the next yearly reward. I always try to avoid registering the too quickly.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm platinum and I already am 150 coins over that because of those stupid changes to the ToS that made some of my post-play surveys expire without my knowledge.

I also just wanna figure how I should weigh the coins towards platinum vs loss of points in this change of coin values.

[quote name='adamical']I think it will probably be Pacific time, as NOA is headquartered in Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that gives 4 hours in theory, so I'll probably look for my unused codes; if not to use before to use after for next years platinum.

This is getting a little anooying. I just registered 1130 points so far right now and I have more to go. I've been buying pretty much every good Wii game since launch. I even had to open 5 factory sealed games so far just to get the stupid codes out.

Thanks to the OP though because I would have lost out on a crapload of points if I didn't register all my games today. I'm saving the Wii games that are staying the same point value for next year. I also have dozens and dozens of DS games to register but I'll save those for the next year too.

Last call for codes if anybody needs. $2.50 paypal if you're interested. Let me know what you already have if you're interested so we don't go back and forth.

[quote name='boogie4114']Last call for codes if anybody needs. $2.50 paypal if you're interested. Let me know what you already have if you're interested so we don't go back and forth.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I've been giving codes to members all night.

Charging for free codes is straight up rude.

Is there a list anywhere of previous monthly download games that you can buy with coins? This is my first year doing club nintendo and I've got enough for platinum status I think. Kind of want to see what kind of games they've generally had on the monthly rotation or if I should go for one of those physical prizes.

[quote name='Romeo']Seriously? I've been giving codes to members all night.

Charging for free codes is straight up rude.[/QUOTE]

Son of a, wish I'd seen your posts earlier

My friend, nothing is free especially the games I pay money for so those codes that come in are part of the cost. So why didn't you give away your Red Dead code instead of trading for it?

Here is to me having a heart:
BCG-DUYZ-3LR5-VRM (Steel Diver) *USED*
4SP-MBXW-RHKV-2XT (Nintendogs & Cats)
VYP-MX89-92UU-R6X (Nintendogs & Cats Poodle I believe)

If you use please leave feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Got any good Wii game codes? I already bought two from boogie earlier. No big deal $5 for 100 coins was fair.

Free code for whoever ask my question first (I have alot of extra double codes).
I'll PM a code to the first good answer. (code available Layton,Pokemon White,DQ IX,SuperSmash Brawl,Kirby,Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2...I don't know)

Quick question: I just registered a lot of games and got to Platium....Should I continue to register more games this year or saving the codes for next year?

Example
I have Pokemon Black that is 30 this year and will be 40 tomorrow.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Huh, was gonna bitch about this but 3ds game values are going up 10 points so that kind of balances it out.[/QUOTE]
Actually, they're basically staying the same. For some weird reason 3DS games have had 20 coin post play surveys until now rather than the 10 DS and Wii games get for them. So what they're just doing is changing them to 40/10 instead of 30/20. They're still a total of 50.

[quote name='Readthepost']Free code for whoever ask my question first (I have alot of extra double codes).
I'll PM a code to the first good answer. (code available Layton,Pokemon White,DQ IX,SuperSmash Brawl,Kirby,Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2...I don't know)

Quick question: I just registered a lot of games and got to Platium....Should I continue to register more games this year or saving the codes for next year?

Example
I have Pokemon Black that is 30 this year and will be 40 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually going to hold on to mine. I have a lot that are going down tomorrow, but the best rewards are the Plat ones. I think the guarantee that you will get platinum again next year makes it worth the cost of coin "deflation", but I guess it depends on how many coins you average per year.

[quote name='predseth']I'm actually going to hold on to mine. I have a lot that are going down tomorrow, but the best rewards are the Plat ones. I think the guarantee that you will get platinum again next year makes it worth the cost of coin "deflation", but I guess it depends on how many coins you average per year.[/QUOTE]

Which code do you want? You were the second person to answer the question...but you and the other guy who PMed can get one code each. Tell me and I'll PM you the code.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Got any good Wii game codes? I already bought two from boogie earlier. No big deal $5 for 100 coins was fair.[/QUOTE]

If I charged that I would have made $100 easy the past few hours.

I have Mario Strikers and Wii play right now. If you're offering I'd never say no. :p

[quote name='Readthepost']Free code for whoever ask my question first (I have alot of extra double codes).

Example
I have Pokemon Black that is 30 this year and will be 40 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Readthepost was gracious enough to give me a Pokemon White code, which bumped me up into Gold status. I didn't buy as many Nintendo games as I did in previous years, so even getting a free calendar will be nice. Thanks so much, man!

[quote name='doodofdoods']Yeah it's still 6/30. Still have the June games up as rewards. Not sure if I want to get Sudoku or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just confirmed it also. I'm not sure if I want to open the other 3 Flingsmash games I have or keep them sealed to resell down the road (to sell the wiimote+ controllers. Not the shitty game).

[quote name='Romeo']If I charged that I would have made $100 easy the past few hours.

I have Mario Strikers and Wii play right now. If you're offering I'd never say no. :p[/QUOTE]

If I didn't already have that one I would. Thanks for the offer though. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If I didn't already have that one I would. Thanks for the offer though. :)[/QUOTE]

Um, I believe somewhere on the top of page four of this thread explains how to add multiple copies of the same game to 1 account. I had 4 codes for Wii Party and used them all on the same account.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Any opinions on redeeming 150 points on Kirby Super Star on the wii virtual console? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

The Kirby collection is said to include it, so if you want that it's not worth it.

[quote name='admiralvic']The Kirby collection is said to include it, so if you want that it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I didn't know about The Kirby collection. I'll definitely hold out for that. Thanks for the great info. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back