Club Nintendo Rewards- Kid Icarus 3D, Mario Tennis, Super PunchOut

sicsonic

CAG Newbie
http://club.nintendo.com

3D Classics: Kid Icarus (3DS) - 150 points
Mario Tennis (Wii) - 150 Points
Super Punch-Out!! (Wii) - 150 points
Starship Defense (3DS) - 150 points

I think this is my first CAG thread, hope I didn't mess this up too badly. I didn't see a thread but if I missed it, sorry.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Thanks for sharing, desousa93, but the physical prizes almost always suck[/QUOTE]

That is true. I got the 3DS case twice when it went up, but that's it. Really want to save my coins for something good, but there isn't much that I want, so the VC games are a nice way to spend the coins (then only spend $1 or $2 to upgrade it to Wii U version).

I got both Kirby Superstar and Paper Mario last month, and I think I'll get both Mario Tennis and Super Punchout this month. Has Mario Tennis aged well?

[quote name='sicsonic']Also if this matters, Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube has a full, original copy of Super Punch-Out on the disc playable from the start, so if you're wanting to go a cheaper route for a copy of SPO that is an idea.[/QUOTE]

That is very good, can be had for ~$5-$7. Only problem would be having to use the gamecube dpad or analog stick to play.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Thanks for sharing, desousa93, but the physical prizes almost always suck[/QUOTE]

Agreed, unless you have enough points to buy the most expensive items. When a good digital game comes along it's usually a much better value in points. If you find the right physical item you can maybe equal or come close to making as much money on it vs points spent to get it as the digital games.

Is Starship Defense the same one that they had on there before? I picked up some game like that and never played it.

Edit: Fired up my 3DS and it appears I have something called "Starship Defense" installed which means it was a Club Nintendo freebie in the past (as I've never bought anything from the 3DS or DSi shops). While it is nice to make this available to people who missed it before, they really need to release some new 3DS/DSi games. With the exception of Paper Mario I pass on all the Wii VC stuff since I'll never play them. So I guess this month maybe I'll get the Kid Icarus thing.

I'm just not a big fan of the backgrounds they added to Kid Icarus, love the 3D just wish the backgrounds were more fitting, 8-bit.

I would love to see a lot of SNES games get the same 3D treatment, Castlevania, Actraiser, Super Metroid, and A Link to the Past all come to mind.

[quote name='smacd101']You can. Give Nintendo 150 dimes and you can have Paper Mario.[/QUOTE]

You got me there, I had pennies in mind when I said it. :lol:

bread's done
Back