Club Nintendo "Username" vs "Screen Name" Registration Question

a_dirty_Shisno

CAGiversary!
So I bought a new 3DS and I want to make a Club Nintendo account so I can register the 3DS and earn points for it but the account registration is confusing me.

It wants me to give both a "Username" and a "Screen Name", the second of which will only be visible on the Tech Support Forum. Does that mean anywhere else people will see my Username, or am I the only one who'll see my Username? If I'm the only one, then do they want my real name? If that, then why not just ask for my damn name?

If they want my real name, do they want my full name or just my first?

Obviously I'm really only looking for answers from people who have a Club Nintendo account so I hope this place is flooded with them.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can name them the same thing if you want.[/QUOTE]

Oopsie! I forgot to mention that it explicitly disallows you from naming them both the same.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and do "Username: a_dirty_Shisno", "Screen Name: a_dirty_Shisno_SN" ("SN" standing for "Screen Name").

After all, if something gets mailed to my address for "a_dirty_Shisno", I don't think it'll be too hard to figure out it's for me. Although if that something has my Username printed on it...

All right, screw it. They don't like underscores in the "Username" so I just went with something else I'd remember that wasn't my real name and plowed ahead to see if it would ever ask for my real name. And it did indeed ask me for my real name afterwards so I shouldn't have any worries at this point. It did like underscores in my Screen Name, though. so if I have any technical issues I'll still be me over there.

PS: We need an "Indifferent Smilie" post icon for these occasions. Neither happy nor sad feels right.

bread's done
Back