Club Nintendo Wii & 3DS - Paper Mario, Kirby Super Star, Bird & Beans + Metal Torrent

The codes don't expire. They may drop in value if a game's price is cut by Nintendo.

The surveys do expire, though, if you take too much time between entering the code and filling out the survey.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']The codes don't expire. They may drop in value if a game's price is cut by Nintendo.

The surveys do expire, though, if you take too much time between entering the code and filling out the survey.[/QUOTE]

He's asking if the actual game download codes expire, not the coin/survey codes.

I'm not sure if they do, but I don't think they do.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Once you spend the coins do the codes ever expire?

I just wonder after the Spring/Summer eShop updates if you can claim the code on your WiiU (so hopefully if/when that add offscreen play for N64 titles I don't have to "repurchase" the game with the fee)[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if you could claim the code on the Wii U and get the Wii U version instead of the Wii version. Seems very unlikely to happen.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I doubt it would work. You'd be better off saving your coins until they started providing Wii U games on club nintendo, if ever they do.

The only evidence to support is that the wii shop codes are numeric, e.g.
1234 5678 1234 5678

and eShop codes, at least those for 3DS, are alphanumeric, e.g.
A123 BCD4 E56F G789H

And it would be kind of dumb for them to use the same code for the same game on the eShop. And there's no word of N64 support, so you might be waiting a while.

At the worst, if you buy now you're getting a $10 off coupon for the N64 game for WiiU. Damn this is confusing.

How do the downloads through club Nintendo work? Do I have to connect my club Nintendo account to my wii? I have 2 accounts am I able to buy games from both accounts and play them on 1 wii?

So I have enough for paper mario and will redeem it when I transfer my wii content to my wii u. I know about the whole paying less when you have the game already on the eshop but don't you have to wait for the game to also come out for the wii u virtual console?

Did they have games for january? Already had kirby, so just got paper mario. I have 1400 pts on the wii, and 2000 pts waiting to be put on the wii. Hard figure out what I should use the points for.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']How do the downloads through club Nintendo work? Do I have to connect my club Nintendo account to my wii? I have 2 accounts am I able to buy games from both accounts and play them on 1 wii?[/QUOTE]

They give you a code you can redeem on the wii shop. You can redeem it on any wii.
No, but you'll miss out on post-play survey coins if you don't.
Yes.

[quote name='ets']Did they have games for january? Already had kirby, so just got paper mario. I have 1400 pts on the wii, and 2000 pts waiting to be put on the wii. Hard figure out what I should use the points for.[/QUOTE]

They've had new games each month for about a year now.

I posted in the Nintendo forums but it might be relevant to post my question here.

Can the Wii U handle all Nintendo Club wii games? Basically can I buy Paper Mario and install it on my Wii U?

For some reason I thought the Wii U was lacking the virtual console and all the other stuff the wii had. Am I wrong about this?

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I posted in the Nintendo forums but it might be relevant to post my question here.

Can the Wii U handle all Nintendo Club wii games? Basically can I buy Paper Mario and install it on my Wii U?

For some reason I thought the Wii U was lacking the virtual console and all the other stuff the wii had. Am I wrong about this?[/QUOTE]

You can purchase or redeem points for Wii virtual console games on the Wii U. You just enter Wii mode when starting your system, then go to the Nintendo Channel like you would on a regular Wii. I added Mario Kart 64 last month without any issues.

One of my beefs with playing Wii VC games on the WiiU is that I can't seem to change the aspect ratio to the old 4:3. Everything is stretched out. I did notice with Balloon Fight on WiiU that the eshop games run at the native 4:3 aspect.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']One of my beefs with playing Wii VC games on the WiiU is that I can't seem to change the aspect ratio to the old 4:3. Everything is stretched out. I did notice with Balloon Fight on WiiU that the eshop games run at the native 4:3 aspect.[/QUOTE]
You need to change the settings on your TV to 4:3 and it should work.

[quote name='ets']I have 1400 pts on the wii, and 2000 pts waiting to be put on the wii. Hard figure out what I should use the points for.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean CN coins or Wii Shop points? If you mean Wii Shop points and don't have La-Mulana @ 1000 points, that's not a bad way to spend the points.

If you mean CN coins, then check CN every month (about mid month) for the latest offerings. These games change on March 10th, so there should be four new ones after that.

Whew! I almost bought Paper Mario a few times now but always talked myself out of it because I didn't want to pluck down the $10. But with a hefty amount of points in my Club Nintendo account, this is a no-brainer purchase for me. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Do you mean CN coins or Wii Shop points? If you mean Wii Shop points and don't have La-Mulana @ 1000 points, that's not a bad way to spend the points.

If you mean CN coins, then check CN every month (about mid month) for the latest offerings. These games change on March 10th, so there should be four new ones after that.[/QUOTE]

Wii shop points, I'll did have to look at that. Most people suggest lost winds but that's the first I've heard of that game

[quote name='Blaster man']They've had new games each month for about a year now.[/QUOTE]

I know, but I don't recall any games for January, what were they?

[quote name='ets']I know, but I don't recall any games for January, what were they?[/QUOTE]

They started shifting the dates. It used to be they would change on the 1st day of each month but they changed it so all games wouldn't expire at once. E.g. metroid would be available from 1st to 20th, and zelda would be available from 15th to the 10th of the next month. That way you'd have to check more often.

Now it seems they've changed back to monthly updates, but on the 10th. You really have to check here or the club nintendo site a couple times a month.

You might see Punch Out and MK64 again as Platinum/Gold Rewards, or they could show up again later on. I think they had Metal Torrent up before.

//my club nintendo knowledge is ridiculous. This "basically free" stuff has hooked me.

Are there any tips on getting some club nintendo points? I had 200+ points, but am now down to 190 because some of them expired...

[quote name='sicsonic']I've still never played Paper Mario... :shock: maybe I should get it? Thinkin' about it.[/QUOTE]

You are not missing much. This Paper Mario was a snooze. It was much too easy. I felt as if I could have beaten it with my eyes closed.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Ooh i love easy games[/QUOTE]
I do too! Might be the reason I love Mario games, simple and straight forward.

Thx for the info about Jan's release games. I guess I got those games before january which might be why I dont remember them.

[quote name='Satchslashriani']Are there any tips on getting some club nintendo points? I had 200+ points, but am now down to 190 because some of them expired...[/QUOTE]
Easiest way to get some quick coins is to go down to your local Gamestop and buy two or three copies of Wii Fit for a buck each (the first one, not Wii Fit Plus). Out of the dozen or so I've bought over the past couple of months, at least half of them have an unused code, which is worth 100 coins for registering and +10 coins for post-play survey.

Even if you already registered a copy of Wii Fit, you can create another family member in your CN account to register another one.

Decided to get Kirby Super Star and Paper Mario. I hope they get added to Wii U VC soon after it launches.

Is there any chance of paper mario being added to 3ds VC. And if so, would I be able to download it since I already own paper mario on wii?

bread's done
Back