Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've registered enough to get up to gold status, but I think I'm going to hold off now. I want to see when my VC/WW titles become eligible, and I'm going to try and save some titles to register for next "year". Pending what I buy in the first half of 2009, there's the potential to earn 70 points per Wii game, and 50 points per DS game.

Glad I'm not the only one with problems.
Mine is the same story, can login some times, can't others, half logged in other times.

What I would like to see is the like the Japan club where they had the Super Famicom controller for the Wii.

I'm amazed that it's still not working... Nintendo really must've lost track of how many people own their systems after the runaway success of the Wii.

[quote name='davyd']You can register multiple copies of the same game if you have a family account, but you only receive coins for the first copy registered. If you have a lot of multiple copies it would be better to either make another account or try to trade someone else for a code they have multiples of.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Where did you read this? Link? Did you actually try it? Don't they realize that they have designed games that require multiple copies to get full multiplayer, such as Kirby Superstar Ultra? If we buy two copies of that game we should get coins for both copies. :(

So on that note... come post-xmas, would anyone be interested in trading DS reg cards? We'll have an extra KSU reg card to trade. If interested in doing this - PM me with what extra reg card you have. Obviously has to be something we don't have and probably won't get.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Japan got their choice of either a calendar, a Mario hat cushion, or a golden Mario Kart Wii wheel this year, which was substantially more lame than last's year's pick of a calendar, a two-disc Mario Galaxy soundtrack, or the Super Famicom Wii controller. I'm hoping for the Super Famicom controller to come stateside, personally.

(And I ended up with the calendar this year by default, since I was like 30 points shy of Platinum status. Bah.)[/quote]
Did you have to have coins to spend on the yearly reward as well, or was that simply a "thank you" for reaching that level and you could spend your coins on something else? I could hold off impulse "buying" the Hanafuda cards or whatever if I knew I needed to save those points for the Famicom controller or a golden wheel.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm amazed that it's still not working... Nintendo really must've lost track of how many people own their systems after the runaway success of the Wii.[/quote]

Really. This is laughable. You think with all their money they could spend some on a couple more servers.

[quote name='Alphateam']Really. This is laughable. You think with all their money they could spend some on a couple more servers.[/QUOTE]

They could do that, or they could just wait a few days until the frenzy dies down, which it will. Right now everyone and their brother and sister is trying to sign up, enter the PINs from every game they own and fill out surveys, all at the same time. More and more people will finish and then they won't be trying any more. Others will give up and try again next week or next month or never. Either way the load on the server will die down and then it will work fine from there on out, with spikes only around major game releases, but they'll be nothing at all like the spike they're seeing right now.

The server is one issue..I am not having server issues. It's never delaying a response for me. It keeps giving me the OTHER message (not the your log in info isn't correct).

:wall:

It's been 2 days now. Come the fuck on Nintendo.

[quote name='crunchewy']Well that sucks. Where did you read this? Link? Did you actually try it? Don't they realize that they have designed games that require multiple copies to get full multiplayer, such as Kirby Superstar Ultra? If we buy two copies of that game we should get coins for both copies. :(

So on that note... come post-xmas, would anyone be interested in trading DS reg cards? We'll have an extra KSU reg card to trade. If interested in doing this - PM me with what extra reg card you have. Obviously has to be something we don't have and probably won't get.[/quote]

Great idea! I started a thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5260642#post5260642

Last night, around 9:30 PM I was not able to log in with my username with multiple tries, then I finally got in, only to be kicked out within a minute. This morning at around 5:30 AM it worked without incident and I was able to enter all my PIN numbers and fill out all the surveys. I still think the problem is server load. Try at 5:30 in the morning (EST) and see if it works better for you!

Has there been anyone else that STILL hasn't been able to log in? I don't care if you were in for 4 minutes then got logged out..that still counts as being logged in ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Has there been anyone else that STILL hasn't been able to log in? I don't care if you were in for 4 minutes then got logged out..that still counts as being logged in ;)[/quote]

After entering my username and password about 20 times it will log me in. But as soon as I try to take a survey for a game I already registered it dumps me back at the log in page and the vicious cycle begins again.

[quote name='lilboo']Has there been anyone else that STILL hasn't been able to log in? I don't care if you were in for 4 minutes then got logged out..that still counts as being logged in ;)[/QUOTE]

I can get in and onto the first page to fill out a survey to collect my points. After a long loading period, it boots me out.

I can log in every now and then but I can't do anything else. No surveys show up for me and I can't register my games or anything.

Welcome to Club Nintendo. Transferring your My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo is easy, but we may need some additional information to complete the process. Please click "Join Club Nintendo Now" to continue. NOTE: Make sure to provide the email address associated to your My Nintendo account to successfully transfer your account.

:rofl: LEAVE. ME. ALONE!!!

that's what i did yesterday. i hope you guys won't have any more problems.
it sucks that you can't get coins from your previously registered games.

[quote name='Z_meista']that's what i did yesterday. i hope you guys won't have any more problems.
it sucks that you can't get coins from your previously registered games.[/quote]
No they do give you points. The few times I've been able to stay in I've gotten coins for games I've already registered.

[quote name='crunchewy']Well that sucks. Where did you read this? Link? Did you actually try it? Don't they realize that they have designed games that require multiple copies to get full multiplayer, such as Kirby Superstar Ultra? If we buy two copies of that game we should get coins for both copies. :(

So on that note... come post-xmas, would anyone be interested in trading DS reg cards? We'll have an extra KSU reg card to trade. If interested in doing this - PM me with what extra reg card you have. Obviously has to be something we don't have and probably won't get.[/quote]

It's on the FAQ on the website.

"Why can't I register more than one of any product in my Club Nintendo account?
You can register as many of any one product (systems or games) as there are members in your Family Account. Please note that only the first game registered will be eligible for the survey and Coins."

Aww, I was hoping those stylus sets were different than the Brain Age set.

I'll still probably grab the SMB set on eBay, though, since I doubt I have anywhere near enough games to get 600 points. :[

A bit confused.

I have a My Nintendo account... do I just log in with that, or do I create a Club Nintendo account and THEN migrate it over?

Edit: Ah, its finally giving me the answer instead of a username/password error.

Site seems to be stabilizing. I was just able to complete surveys for 8 games without errors and only got logged out once or twice. Was able to explore the site more thoroughly without problems.

Found this tidbit about "Intend to Buy" that I hadn't noticed before:

How Intend to Buy Works

Tell us if you intend to buy a game and you'll earn 10 extra Coins after you buy it, register it and complete the survey. Remember - you must indicate your intent to buy within the Intend to Buy Date Range listed for each game to be eligible for the extra Coins!

So apparently they want you to set a date range. Weird.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I was finally able to get all my games registered. 880 pts. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Just got all of mine registered as well, but unfortunately with only half as many points as you.

None of my already registered systems/games have migrated over. All i have is 50 coins from Animal Crossing City Folk. I wonder if it will let me register my Wii again. But all those games ive sold now, so cant register them anymore. :(

Nope, i entered my Wii serial number and it said i already registered it. What a load of shit.

Kinda sucks that I have enough for about 800 points but I registered everything back in the day...thus nothing but a few surveys and 120 points. :(

[quote name='blackjaw']Kinda sucks that I have enough for about 800 points but I registered everything back in the day...thus nothing but a few surveys and 120 points. :([/QUOTE]

No, you don't have enough for 800 points if you registered what you have and they only gave you credit for 120 ...

Whatever previous games that would count to register now, if you had registered those specific games, would show in your account now and would be activated for the survey to receive the points.

Basically, with respect to My Nintendo users having already registered games, they have done everything right in order for those games to count now.

With respect to the old games that actually count for points, the list is short and we can debate what should be on the list and isn't.

Such as with my DS games that had been registered on My Nintendo, only Nintendogs, Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing counted. Why shouldn't Mario&Luigi SSS, the first Advance Wars, etc. count?

[quote name='blackjaw']Kinda sucks that I have enough for about 800 points but I registered everything back in the day...thus nothing but a few surveys and 120 points. :([/quote]

There are only surveys (and therefore coins) for some games. Everything that you've registered before that qualifies should show up. It doesn't make any difference if you're registering it now or registered it before.

EDIT: so snipegod and I had the same thought at the same time...

I'm glad I registered shit before because I don't have half (or more) of those games anymore and so I wouldn't still have the PINs to register them with.

[quote name='The 7th Number']None of my already registered systems/games have migrated over. All i have is 50 coins from Animal Crossing City Folk. I wonder if it will let me register my Wii again. But all those games ive sold now, so cant register them anymore. :(

Nope, i entered my Wii serial number and it said i already registered it. What a load of shit.[/quote]

You wouldn't get points for the Wii anyway. Don't sweat it. And any eligible games that you registered under the My Nintendo system will show up. Sometimes it takes a while. Double check the eligible list, because only a few titles actually give you points. Just because it came with a code doesn't mean it yields points, unfortunately.

Welcome to Club Nintendo. Transferring your My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo is easy, but we may need some additional information to complete the process. Please click "Join Club Nintendo Now" to continue. NOTE: Make sure to provide the email address associated to your My Nintendo account to successfully transfer your account.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am gonna see this in my fuckin sleep!!!

NINTENDO PLEASE FIX THIS. PLEASE DO SOMETHING RIGHT.

Well I got in 800 coins and ordered the Game & Watch Collection. We'll see how long it takes to get it. I have 290 coins left to redeem (310 including two VC games they don't include yet). I'll probably do that next cycle.

[quote name='Tybee']You wouldn't get points for the Wii anyway. Don't sweat it. And any eligible games that you registered under the My Nintendo system will show up. Sometimes it takes a while. Double check the eligible list, because only a few titles actually give you points. Just because it came with a code doesn't mean it yields points, unfortunately.[/quote]

Where is the eligible list? I have like 12 VC games.

I had a whole bunch of games registered on My Nintendo. I migrated over and only some of the games allowed me to take the survey. The ones that didn't show up are still visible in my registration history. Any way to get points for those as well. It's very strange that did come over but I'm only allowed to take the survey for certain games that appear in my "To Do" list. Thanks if you can help.

i guess i will wait a little bit before I complain to big N, but it wont let me register Hotel Dusk. Also really any DS game should count, I got a bunch that get me nothing. If its current gen it should count.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i guess i will wait a little bit before I complain to big N, but it wont let me register Hotel Dusk. Also really any DS game should count, I got a bunch that get me nothing. If its current gen it should count.[/quote]

Hotel Dusk was actually on the list that they had temporarily put up yesterday and now none of the lists are up. And pretty much they said any Nintendo game that came out after 2008 will count, but to be honest for most of the CAG, not a whole lot of us own them since were so cheap and unwilling to pay for too many of the newer Nintendo games since they are too expensive. But theres a limit anyways per period, so might as well save some of them and not cap out for that year and use it the next year period for the new platinum prize next year.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Okay folks, sounds like a lot of you need to read the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site before you start bitching (although it might give you new reasons to bitch). A lot of your questions and complaints are clearly addressed there (and have been addressed multiple times in this thread).

[quote name='The 7th Number']Where is the eligible list? I have like 12 VC games.[/quote]

VC games purchased before Club Nintendo went active will not show up (and only a couple are worth points). Check the list of eligible games below and if you have any of them, you have to contact Nintendo directly to get credit. To wit:

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels downloaded prior to creating the Club Nintendo link will not be displayed. Please email us by clicking here to have your previously-downloaded Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels added to your Club Nintendo account. You will need to provide us with all pertinent information (name, email address, serial number, game titles, etc.). Not providing all of the pertinent information will increase the time it takes to find a solution and receive a reply. You can also call us at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, 7 days a week.
[quote name='XTommyDonX']I had a whole bunch of games registered on My Nintendo. I migrated over and only some of the games allowed me to take the survey. The ones that didn't show up are still visible in my registration history. Any way to get points for those as well. It's very strange that did come over but I'm only allowed to take the survey for certain games that appear in my "To Do" list. Thanks if you can help.[/quote]

Again, NOT ALL GAMES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR COINS. The ones that are that you have previously registered will be carried over (you'll see surveys for them). If you don't see a survey, it's probably not eligible. The list again:

Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS

[quote name='Tybee']Okay folks, sounds like a lot of you need to read the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site before you start bitching (although it might give you new reasons to bitch). A lot of your questions and complaints are clearly addressed there (and have been addressed multiple times in this thread).

VC games purchased before Club Nintendo went active will not show up (and only a couple are worth points). Check the list of eligible games below and if you have any of them, you have to contact Nintendo directly to get credit. To wit:

Again, NOT ALL GAMES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR COINS. The ones that are that you have previously registered will be carried over (you'll see surveys for them). If you don't see a survey, it's probably not eligible. The list again:

Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS[/quote]

A lot of people who have read through the list are still complaining, so I am not sure how much this really helps as far as cutting down the people who are complaining. If anything it'll just fuel the flame, "What! Half my games aren't eligible for points?! OUTRAGE!! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE!"

Good effort though. ^___^

I just found my old Club Nintendo account and linked it up to this new one but it shows that I have no coins. I know I entered stuff back in the day. Is there any way that I can re-enter my old stuff of they can look it up?

[quote name='cag1000']I just found my old Club Nintendo account and linked it up to this new one but it shows that I have no coins. I know I entered stuff back in the day. Is there any way that I can re-enter my old stuff of they can look it up?[/quote]

if it was a qualified game that can earn coins, then you can go to your to-do list and click on the games that have been registered and see if they offer you the survey.

if it does, take it.

after it is completed, you will get the coins for that game. rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back