Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't sign up... tried safari and firefox. i enter my birthdate and then email and when i click continue on email nothing happens. wtf... anybody experienced this?

Thanks for the responses on platinum vs gold. Well, for my daughters account I don't know if I'll be able to get it over gold level. But I guess it won't be the end of the world to get one platinum and one gold prize. I hope they don't limit by household though :whistle2:k...

[quote name='JoeB1233']Hooray! I tried it again last night, and finally got logged in! Had all my surveys waiting for me and everything. Now I'm at 680 coins and platinum status!

The only survey I couldn't do was a post-play survey for Secret of Mana. Anyone have any idea what that's about?[/QUOTE]

My post-play survey for Earthworm Jim doesn't work either. I've tried doing it on this Mac with both Opera and Safari. Has anyone gotten the VC surveys to work?

I'm finally able to re-log in to my account. How long has it taken others for their previously registered games to show up? Although I was able to register all of my Wii games (never registered those), I have a bunch of DS games that I had registered in the past.

I'm having that same problem.. I've been able to log in for a few days now, and none (but 2) of my previously registered stuff showed up...:(...

So, I wrote into Nintendo's Customer Service to ask two Club Nintendo related questions and to thank them for bringing Club Nintendo stateside.

I asked them if there was a reason that four of the five versions of Nintendogs counted for coins, while the fifth version was left out and if there was any possibility of seeing a way to, somehow, purchase Club Nintendo items from the site (either cash or some cash/coin combo).

I ended my e-mail with the following:
Again, thanks tons and tons for bringing Club Nintendo to the US. I'm sure y'all are getting tons of crap for the site being buggy and not counting older GCN/GBA titles toward coin counts, but I'm just thrilled to have a chance to get more free Nintendo stuff. Because I need more Nintendo stuff... or so says my four GameCubes... they whisper things to me in my sleep.

And to prove that Nintendo Customer Service doesn't just provide automated, canned responses...

GreetingsRichard,
Your having registered as much product as you have is impressive, to say the least! I will be sure to forward the feedback you and your Nintendo GameCubes are suggesting, regarding your desire to see Club Nintendo prizes available for direct purchase for further review. It sounds like those four are onto something.

I’m sure you already know this, but the coins are earned for the completion of surveys and not for the registration of the game itself. More importantly, surveys are not needed for games which no longer ship to retailers and are therefore not eligible for coins. I hope this helps explain why older titles, such as Nintendogs (Best Friends edition) does not qualify for coins.

Sincerely,
Dale Thompson

Just grabbed my old My Nintendo account and registered what Nintendo games I have left- it's a shame I never registered with My Nintendo and sold all of my 50+ DS games and a bunch of Wii games- I only have 350 points, and really want the stylus set.

I still can't freaking login to their site... All I get is the "Welcome to Club Nintendo. Transferring your My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo is easy, but we may need some additional information to complete the process. Please click "Join Club Nintendo Now" to continue. NOTE: Make sure to provide the email address associated to your My Nintendo account to successfully transfer your account." error and I've been trying since day 1...

Hey Alison, did you ask about where the hell your games that you already registered are?
I just shot them an email about the games I already registered pre-Club Nintendo. I want these surveys to pop up, damnit :(

Um, not to be a party-crasher here, but making these items available for direct purchase is not something that I would want. If you use current point values to determine the approximate price, you would see that the 800 point items are something like $800 a piece. If they add monetary values to these promotional items, they obviously wouldn't charge that amount. I don't want them charging say, $50 for the DS Game & Watch because then everyone would simply buy it if they didn't have games to redeem for points.

Said item loses value, we all cry. If you want to purchase something from Club Nintendo, check out ebay.

I'm really not meaning to be a dick here, but if you think about it, your idea simply wouldn't work.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey Alison, did you ask about where the hell your games that you already registered are?
I just shot them an email about the games I already registered pre-Club Nintendo. I want these surveys to pop up, damnit :([/quote]

No, not yet - if I don't see any of my pre-registered games on there by tomorrow, I'll shoot them an e-mail and let you know what they say, although chances are you'll hear back from them first. If nothing else, at least it'll give me something to do at work :)

I'm not really worried about the value of stuff from Club Nintendo, I just want to get some cool stuff. How much it sells on e-bay for doesn't matter to me. I probably wouldn't pay cash for most of the stuff they offer, either, or at least not what they'd likely charge.

However, it would be kinda cool if they offered other items besides what you can redeem for points for purchase. Like if they offered some of the older cool platinum rewards users in Japan have gotten in previous years as available for purchase for people who get to platinum status.

[quote name='dcgm']Um, not to be a party-crasher here, but making these items available for direct purchase is not something that I would want. If you use current point values to determine the approximate price, you would see that the 800 point items are something like $800 a piece. If they add monetary values to these promotional items, they obviously wouldn't charge that amount. I don't want them charging say, $50 for the DS Game & Watch because then everyone would simply buy it if they didn't have games to redeem for points.

Said item loses value, we all cry. If you want to purchase something from Club Nintendo, check out ebay.

I'm really not meaning to be a dick here, but if you think about it, your idea simply wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

A.) Anyone getting Club Nintendo stuff for the "value" sucks. ;)
B.) eBay is a good plan, but should I use my points on the Mario Party Card Set and hope the Animal Crossing set shows up on eBay? Or the other way around? And why should I give $30 to an eBay seller when I could give that $30 to Nintendo?
C.) The idea of coins-to-points doesn't really work. $50 nets you a $50 Wii Game *and* 50 coins. The idea that 800 coins = $800 is very flawed. $800 = $800 worth of games + 800 coins.
D.) I'm thinking something where you can "buy" something for half the amount of coins - say, the Mario Party card set for 250 coins + $12.50 or something. Perhaps this option could only be available to Platinum members or members who have spent "X" amount of coins that year already...

Who is talking about the "value" of these things? Are people really getting these just to resell? That's a bit silly.

I'm more interested as to what the Gold/Platinum prizes are going to be. When do they announce them? :whistle2:k

Also, if the year is July 1-June 30th, why didn't this launch on July 1? :dunce:

I'd love for a Super NES classic controller.. :drool:

Oh also: The prizes just for being a platinum member..they are prizes BECAUSE you are platinum..right? You don't have to use coins for them?

For the record - if you have purchased/registered every single eligible game, you'd have 2,410 coins. Granted, there'll be more games released, but who knows how long these items will be available?

Now, if you wanted to claim every available reward, you'd need 6,300 coins... that's a lot. :(

^^^ But you're only looking backwards. Nintendo expects you to buy new stuff also to get to that magic 6,300 coin level. ;)

lilboo, I think this launched "mid-year" because they knew people would start with lots of "back credit" coins for older games. Rather than deny or exclude more titles, they just did it for "half a year" instead.

[quote name='lilboo']dcgm, who are you talking to? :whistle2:s[/quote]
UncleBob

[quote name='rlse9']I'm not really worried about the value of stuff from Club Nintendo, I just want to get some cool stuff. How much it sells on e-bay for doesn't matter to me.[/quote]
Not talking about what it would get on ebay. I'm talking about its value as a collectible. I'm a collector, as are many others. If you throw a price on these things, they have no collector's value.

[quote name='UncleBob']A.) Anyone getting Club Nintendo stuff for the "value" sucks. ;)
[/quote]
Yeah, that's a mature comment.

[quote name='UncleBob']
B.) eBay is a good plan, but should I use my points on the Mario Party Card Set and hope the Animal Crossing set shows up on eBay? Or the other way around? And why should I give $30 to an eBay seller when I could give that $30 to Nintendo?
[/quote]
Because the seller used his/her points to get the item. If you think the price they are asking is fair, then go for it. That way you get what you want, the seller is happy, and so are collectors.

[quote name='UncleBob']
C.) The idea of coins-to-points doesn't really work. $50 nets you a $50 Wii Game *and* 50 coins. The idea that 800 coins = $800 is very flawed. $800 = $800 worth of games + 800 coins.
[/quote]
I see, and I agree. Still, surely you see my argument? Not everyone is in this to actually use the stuff they receive.

[quote name='lilboo']
Oh also: The prizes just for being a platinum member..they are prizes BECAUSE you are platinum..right? You don't have to use coins for them?[/quote]
Yeah, I was under the impression that once you get platinum status you keep it for the year. So no, you do not need to use your coins for the platinum/gold freebies.

[quote name='dcgm']Not talking about what it would get on ebay. I'm talking about its value as a collectible. I'm a collector, as are many others. If you throw a price on these things, they have no collector's value.[/quote]

But see, I don't *care* about the "collector's value". I just want cool Nintendo stuff... period.

[quote name='dcgm']Yeah, that's a mature comment.[/quote]

And thus the smiley.

[quote name='dcgm']Because the seller used his/her points to get the item. If you think the price they are asking is fair, then go for it. That way you get what you want, the seller is happy, and so are collectors.[/quote]

I agree - but from Nintendo's view, why let people on eBay make money they could be making?

[quote name='dcgm']I see, and I agree. Still, surely you see my argument? Not everyone is in this to actually use the stuff they receive.[/quote]

And I don't care about those people. I want stuff and for Nintendo to offer me some way to get it directly from them makes it easier for me to get. I don't care about "collector's value" or "resell value". Cool Nintendo stuff makes me happy and I don't like not being able to get it.

Well, I just want cool Nintendo crap as well. I don't care if it comes through Club Nintendo or if it comes online through some kind of "Nintendo store".

Just give me the chance to get cool Nintendo crap without having to deal with those Japanese bastards online selling SFC Wii controllers for $100+. :(

I'm only interested in Game & Watch and that DS case. MAAAAYBE one of the stylus packs, but I already have the pack from the Brain Age thing.

Ya know, I would not mind them making this a platinum gift or a general gift either..
That Gold Wii Wheel isn't that bad. Again, I would pick the SNES controller any day.. :nottalking:

But if it wasn't an option, and we had options like these :lol:

club_nintendo_prizes.jpg

I would totally get it.

[quote name='dcgm']UncleBob

Not talking about what it would get on ebay. I'm talking about its value as a collectible. I'm a collector, as are many others. If you throw a price on these things, they have no collector's value.

[/quote]

The way I see it, things have two kinds of value. The amount of money you can get by selling it and the amount of enjoyment you can get by having it. If it's cool, who cares how many other people have it or how it can be gotten. And if you have no intentions of selling it, who really cares how much money it's worth. But to each their own.

All I'm saying is, the idea behind Club Nintendo is to get points for your games and redeem those points for unique items that cannot be purchased. If you slap a monetary value on these things, they sorta lose their appeal.

Doesn't really matter though, because since CN Europe and CN Japan both don't actually sell their items, CN North America wont either. Keep dreaming, no worries here.

Oh, and I personally don't think any of those 3 items are really that great compared to other freebies such as a wii TV remote or an SNES VC controller. Hopefully ol' ninty will give us the good stuff rather than some gold plastic or plush mario cap.

Hmmm....among those that lilboo posted, I would go for the Mario hat as my plat. gift. I'm already a member of the high club so whenever Nintendo wants to send me free shit....:D

[quote name='dcgm']All I'm saying is, the idea behind Club Nintendo is to get points for your games and redeem those points for unique items that cannot be purchased. If you slap a monetary value on these things, they sorta lose their appeal.
[/quote]

Umm people have been slapping monetary values on this stuff for years. If you listen to the Cagcast, you'd know in Japan you can buy a lot of this stuff from used game shops there. Maybe you should just spend more enjoying your video game swag instead of worrying who this stuff is available to.

[quote name='DQT']Umm people have been slapping monetary values on this stuff for years. If you listen to the Cagcast, you'd know in Japan you can buy a lot of this stuff from used game shops there. Maybe you should just spend more enjoying your video game swag instead of worrying who this stuff is available to.[/quote]
Umm Nintendo can make tons of stuff available for actual purchase, and they do. There are tons of promotional items available for you to pay money for. Leave some of it purchasable by points only. By the way, I 'enjoy' my video game swag plenty, thanks.

Uh, if anyone wants cheap CN points, Flash Focus is $6.99 at Blockbuster and they're running a BOGO on used games < $15. So, $3.50 for 30 points sure beats $30 for 30 points! Pretty much all of them are converted rentals that are pristine and don't seem to have ever been rented, much less registered.

At that rate it'd only cost $93 to pick up Game and Watch. Not to be putting a monetary value on things...;)

[quote name='lilboo']$3.50 for a code?.......really? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

That would be dumb, but if you buy two unregistered copies of the game with reg cards this way, keep one reg card and sell both games on ebay, you get the points for "free" or a small profit, albeit with not-insignificant effort involved. You could also keep one of games and play it, sell the other, but sell the reg code to that guy. ;^) I think it was suppose to be a half decent game, but don't quote me on it - I never played it.

I can't ever see myself buying one of these codes. I could see myself somehow having 2 copies of a game and only need one of the codes..and trading for another.

Given the choice between games and gamer paraphernalia, I have to go with the games. I've got the G&W Galleries 1-4 for the GB/GBA already, a series than really runs the gamut of prior game and watch titles. The Club Nintendo DS version, already out for some time, has a meager 3 games, all of which are already offered in the gallery series, but I still couldn't help myself. It still looks neat. So, I ordered it. Good to know keeping all my games' registration info paid off. Plus, I'm curious about what platinum status will net me later next year.

This is a weird question.
I am at 580 points right now. Let's say I order something that's 300 coins, ok? Clearly I would be down to 280. I know that since I am gold status now, I'll remain that way.. BUT..would I still be 20 coins away from Platinum?
I'd imagine I would be, right? :whistle2:s

Either way, I'm not ordering anything until I'm over 600.

[quote name='lilboo']This is a weird question.
I am at 580 points right now. Let's say I order something that's 300 coins, ok? Clearly I would be down to 280. I know that since I am gold status now, I'll remain that way.. BUT..would I still be 20 coins away from Platinum?
I'd imagine I would be, right? :whistle2:s

Either way, I'm not ordering anything until I'm over 600.[/quote]

I'd hate to rag but have you been reading the thread :booty:

Club will keep track of your earned coins. you have 580. even though you will spend 300, you're earned coins will still be at 580, and 20 away from Plat.

You will NEVER go down a level by spending coins, only when the year is reset, which is what... July 1st?

I'm sitting at 530, and emailing the big N about my VC purchases. I may have to buy something else to bump me over to get 600...

[quote name='lilboo']$3.50 for a code?.......really? :whistle2:?[/quote]

Actually, I have re-thought it and decided to not be lazy and track down one of the games for myself. (I also discovered another un-used code I had so I can get to platinum level without this... :D )

Yea I just got another copy of Big Brain academy and would like to trade it for a Wii code that I dont have.

Spent 40 minutes today taking surveys on all the games I had previously registered. I have 690 coins, now I just need to decide what to spend them on. Does anyone know what games are in the Game & Watch collection?

--R.J.

I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get to 600 points by the end of the Club Nintendo year. I'm hoping to find SMG at Blockbuster for $25, which would be a good value since I'd like to play the game again and would also be a nice 50 points to push me to 400. That's still 200 away from the stylus set, though, which likely won't be available until June. I might have to hit up eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back