Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to register a game that said "Code already used" or something like that. I know for a fact I never registered the code, as it was only the second code I ever tried to register.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I just tried to register a game that said "Code already used" or something like that. I know for a fact I never registered the code, as it was only the second code I ever tried to register.[/quote]

you got jacked I think. Was it a new game or used game?

LoL did a ninja friend infiltrate your games and copied teh code and registered it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why not, we have similar prizes to Japan (albeit more expensive) and aside from the ability to convert to Wii Points, I feel our NA club is much better off than Europe's club.

Hmm if the Super Famicon controller ever did reach the US as a prize I just realized I would probably never take something that godly out of the packaging for collectors purposes, lol :lol:.

Hmmm I recently bought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and noticed that there was a Club Nintendo code inserted into the game. How come our 3rd party games don't come with codes? Do you guys think the TvC club nintendo code would work on our US club nintendo?

The Japanese codes won't work sadly :cry:

I looked at Rhythm Tengoku Gold code and it has an extra digit. So, I'm going to know say no on this one.

Nintendo and Microsoft need to adapt region free consoles next generation and end this crap of region locking. The ps 3 may get a lot of crap but it's nice to get a system where i download japanese psn games and ps 3 demos without hacking or modding my system. That's the whole reason I have the homebrew channel my wii since I can play Tatsunko vs. Capcom and buy things off the Japanese Shop Channel. Which you can use your ponits to buy Japanese Wiiware and VC games and the channels!! But sadly i have to use a hack to get it. Sorry for the rant but i wish we could use japanese club nintendo ponits but alas nintendo blocked that route even if you brought the games with your hard earned money...

[quote name='rocky435']Nintendo and Microsoft need to adapt region free consoles next generation and end this crap of region locking. The ps 3 may get a lot of crap but it's nice to get a system where i download japanese psn games and ps 3 demos without hacking or modding my system.[/quote]
If they did that, their regions would lose money.

Back when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were coming out in the US, Nintendo had to block off several online retailers from allowing the games to be shipped to Europe simply because it meant if people in Europe bought the US version, no one would bother buying it over there.

The PS3 can get away with it because...well, I won't even go there.

On topic though, one has to hope that NoA actually decides not to be a couple of jack asses and offer nothing but crap. It took them this long to bring this over. Japan already got enough goodies we really missed out on. We don't need to miss out anymore just because our available choices happened to be stylus sets, book holders and an average game.

Also, has anyone who was registered under My Nintendo before hand able to reregister their games to earn points? I think it's ridiculous that after transferring my account, I was greeted with 0 points. I haven't bought anything that would count since getting Protoman on Mega Man 9 and it'll take a lot of convincing from Nintendo to make me wanna shell out more money for stuff that could be registered.

I'm a whore. I'm legitimately considering picking up Wario Land : Shake It at Target this week because it'll net me more points towards Platinum status. Well played Nintendo, well played.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm a whore. I'm legitimately considering picking up Wario Land : Shake It at Target this week because it'll net me more points towards Platinum status. Well played Nintendo, well played.
smile.gif
[/quote]
I lol'd when I read that :p

[quote name='Tsukento']If they did that, their regions would lose money.[/quote]

There's that, plus there's licensing. But it's unfortunate because choices of what to bring here, especially for low-cost, low-risk download-only games, often seem arbitrary or stupid.

On topic though, one has to hope that NoA actually decides not to be a couple of jack asses and offer nothing but crap. It took them this long to bring this over. Japan already got enough goodies we really missed out on. We don't need to miss out anymore just because our available choices happened to be stylus sets, book holders and an average game.
It's a promising start. Even though I'm holding on to my points now (since Game and Watch does not interest me), they've offered a DS game and some interesting crap -- the hanafuda cards actually surprise me. I'm hoping for Tingle, though realistic enough to not get my hopes up. Even the laziest option -- Wii points -- is something I'd gladly take.

Also, has anyone who was registered under My Nintendo before hand able to reregister their games to earn points? I think it's ridiculous that after transferring my account, I was greeted with 0 points. I haven't bought anything that would count since getting Protoman on Mega Man 9 and it'll take a lot of convincing from Nintendo to make me wanna shell out more money for stuff that could be registered.
I had registered a lot of stuff under My Nintendo. I didn't have to re-register, but I did need to fill out the extremely boring surveys for each and every game. Once I did that, I got credit for all the points.

[quote name='Tsukento']If they did that, their regions would lose money.
[/quote]

But why do they care? At the end of the day, the money is still going in Nintendo's pockets. And overall, it would be a net gain because people would import games that never get released in their region. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I don't understand how the business decision of not allowing people access to your product can be beneficial.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm a whore. I'm legitimately considering picking up Wario Land : Shake It at Target this week because it'll net me more points towards Platinum status. Well played Nintendo, well played.[/quote]

Nintendo now gives you another reason to pick up their games when they are on sale :D

Quite glad I picked up the Pokemon Mystery games when they were $10 and $15

Honestly any company can lose sales due to flash cards, it's not like they aren't out there. I mean I've seen probably 3 or 4 different DS Flash Card brands. Supposedly the DSI is blocking some of the Flash Cards available right now for the DS.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm a whore. I'm legitimately considering picking up Wario Land : Shake It at Target this week because it'll net me more points towards Platinum status. Well played Nintendo, well played.[/QUOTE]

You're not a whore yet.

See, I was buying stuff to register on MyNintendo even though I didn't get *anything*.

Seriously, I bought a Pokémon GBA video that was on sale for $5 because I could register it. ;)

Wow. Yeah, you have me beat. To be fair, nothing in the store really interests me yet so I'm contemplating spending money on "potential".

Although I was out near a Target today and I didn't bite so perhaps I'll resist the siren call. If it shows up on Amazon at ~25, I'm doomed.

[quote name='rlse9']But why do they care? At the end of the day, the money is still going in Nintendo's pockets. And overall, it would be a net gain because people would import games that never get released in their region. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I don't understand how the business decision of not allowing people access to your product can be beneficial.[/quote]
Yes, yes they do care.

Because even though they're getting money, it means they're not getting money from a certain region. Even if you import, it means Nintendo loses out on money they earn for certain regions. Regardless if it's still the same company all together, it's all split into different regions that aren't the same as the other.

Case in point; SEGA of America and SEGA of Japan were close enough to being two completely different companies before the Dreamcast came to being.

[quote name='skubish']What is this crap from Nintendo. I bought 2 damn copies of Clubhouse Games I should be able get points for both copies.

Also to other comments: it says gold/platinum status is valid for a minimum of 14 months so no point in waiting.[/QUOTE]

You have to add members to your "family account". You can have one registered copy of a game per family member.

When I filled out Surveys for Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario why didn't I get 10 extra points for each for a total of 120? All they gave me was 100.

Because those are the basic surveys required to register them, not the special "within four weeks of a game's release" feedback surveys, as none of those have been posted.

Although I'm sure the first game they have this as well as wishlisting for will be Pokemon Platinum, which means I'll have even more of a reason to grab it on Day 1.

I guess I'm just going to set up a family account and let the kids register some of their own stuff. I let slip over the weekend about getting points for registering some of the games they have and what they could get for the points. So now they want.

Even starting the next cycle with a blank slate, what with my buying habits, I should be fine getting Platinum next year as well.

I wish you'd get points for registering the systems. Each member of my family has their own DS. :)

I wish they would just sell the "Super Famicon controller" as a normal product. The only practical way you could get 2 of them for 2-player games (or 4, for that matter) is if they were to just sell them as a normal product, and why not? It's a good idea. Indeed, sell other ones for other consoles too. I'd be a lot more inclined to buy VC games if I could play them on authentic controllers.

Can anyone upload the pictures of the animal crossing stylus set? I am interested in that but I'm unsure if I want to get it.

[quote name='hero101']Can anyone upload the pictures of the animal crossing stylus set? I am interested in that but I'm unsure if I want to get it.[/QUOTE]

Picture random in-game screenshot on a flat box about twice as wide than a DS Lite Stylus. Add inside 7 styli that follow the colors of the rainbow and some slots for DS carts.

[quote name='hero101']Can anyone upload the pictures of the animal crossing stylus set? I am interested in that but I'm unsure if I want to get it.[/QUOTE]

Picture055Small.jpg

Picture054Small.jpg

I would say the Animal Crossing case would be like that... except with Animal Crossing.

I'm kinda interested in the DS lite case, but I'm a little annoyed that they only have silver. I think I might end up getting the DS game rack and just order the DS lite case elsewhere, but I'm still undecided.

Edit: To anyone interested in the Wiimote holder, I would just get the Hori Wii Remote Link Stand instead as Amazon has 10% off game accessories until Jan 9th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue, is that the actual case? Is it not black? The photos on the site seem to indicate so, but your's looks (appropriately) blue.

[quote name='Strell']Blue, is that the actual case? Is it not black? The photos on the site seem to indicate so, but your's looks (appropriately) blue.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is an older Japan Club Nintendo item (and probably offered more more colors) that I found. I was merely posting it for a comparison since the actual photos on Club Nintendo's site are pretty lacking. There are pictures of the 8 bit Mario case if you look around.

600 points seems like an awful lot of points to spend for a set of styli, but the pickings themselves are otherwise slim.

Which brings me to my next question, does anyone know if Club Nintendo Japan has ever seen a reduction in points after an item had been available for some time?

I registered 600 coins worth of stuff, with several games I still have to register. I want one of the 800 coin items, but I'm thinking of waiting until after June 30 to add the other 200 coins so they can go towards the new Club Nintendo year status. Am I correct in thinking this is the optimal use of my coinage? I think this has been asked already, but I'm not sure since everyone's situation is slightly different.

So - has anyone gotten points for a virtual console release, or do we just get points for the 4-6 week post-play surveys?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I registered 600 coins worth of stuff, with several games I still have to register. I want one of the 800 coin items, but I'm thinking of waiting until after June 30 to add the other 200 coins so they can go towards the new Club Nintendo year status. Am I correct in thinking this is the optimal use of my coinage? I think this has been asked already, but I'm not sure since everyone's situation is slightly different.[/QUOTE]

Well, the other thing is that I don't think it is clear when and if the available items change. If, for example, what you want is the Game & Watch Gallery Collection, it may not be available after June 30th. Then again it might be. I don't know. Hopefully somebody with knowledge of how the Japanese and European Club Nintendo's work can chime in on this. Even then, how they work may not apply here. So either way you are taking a bit of a chance if you *really* want one of the current items. Of course, there may be something you end up wanting even more, so there you go.

[quote name='tsmvengy']How do you connect your virtual console/WiiWare account to Club Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

When I first connected to the Wii store it asked me if I wanted to connect it to a Club Nintendo account, but of course I did this only after Club Nintendo existed. However, it noted that you can always change it, so there must be an option in the Wii store, or whatever it is called. So you do this on the Wii itself, in the store. I don't know where, but it must be there somewhere.

[quote name='crunchewy']When I first connected to the Wii store it asked me if I wanted to connect it to a Club Nintendo account, but of course I did this only after Club Nintendo existed. However, it noted that you can always change it, so there must be an option in the Wii store, or whatever it is called. So you do this on the Wii itself, in the store. I don't know where, but it must be there somewhere.[/quote]

I would be interested in finding this out myself. I bought Tetris Party AFTER Club Nintendo launched, and it has yet to offer a survey. Incidentally, my non-eligible VC and WiiWare games do appear in my registered games list.

[quote name='Tybee']I would be interested in finding this out myself. I bought Tetris Party AFTER Club Nintendo launched, and it has yet to offer a survey. Incidentally, my non-eligible VC and WiiWare games do appear in my registered games list.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. My Wii ware games still show up in my registered games list even though they aren't point eligible.

I finally got in this afternoon by using my user ID and not my email address (which was working before the relaunch of the site), and managed to get up to 780 points after registering every DS and Wii game that I own.

Now to just figure out what I want...

I got my Game & Watch Collection a week ago. I'm still undecided on whether I should open it or not. Does anyone think that it may be of any value in the future? Should I open it and is it worth it for only 3 G&W games? It's still sealed just in case.

I don't think the G&W collection will reach great levels of value, but I'm prepared to be wrong about that.

It's simple gaming - what might be considered casual gaming by today's elitist crowd. You really only play to get high scores and that's it. Graphics are primitive, gameplay rules are few, etc. Nothing to unlock, no online, no multiplayer (all of this is my own speculation), no memorable music, etc etc. Nothing that would be seen as substantial by today's me-so-entitled group.

I somewhat suspect that people on here, even, will get tired of the game quickly when they exhaust what you can do with it in about 30 minutes (most likely accompanying it with a long, bitchy post), depending on how obsessive one is about getting higher scores. Hence I see a lot of them getting placed on trade lists and/or on eBay and other such sites quickly.

I could see the price climbing to $30 or so for a copy for a bit, and then slowly tapering off. Depending on how ravenous American collectors are, what I can say is that I saw full copies in Japan going for ten bucks. They seemed to be somewhat common over there.

Granted, maybe people are more obsessive here. Chrono Trigger complete Super Famicom copies could be had for five bucks, so maybe it's a cultural and/or supply thing. Who knows how many NoA is going to offer and for how long? Maybe ten years down the road they'll fetch a good price, but I don't see it comparing with, say, Electroplankton, which is going to entice the hipster music artsy crowd far more than Mr. G&W ever could.

But once again - I'm prepared to be wrong.

I don't see it going for insane prices down the road, it'll be common. I'll be buying my copy off of eBay in a couple of months. My points can fetch me something else. I think the most it'll sell for is $30, maybe $40 at a stretch.

Then again, for that much money, you can buy a copy of Tetris DS instead and THAT is rare.

[quote name='crunchewy']When I first connected to the Wii store it asked me if I wanted to connect it to a Club Nintendo account, but of course I did this only after Club Nintendo existed. However, it noted that you can always change it, so there must be an option in the Wii store, or whatever it is called. So you do this on the Wii itself, in the store. I don't know where, but it must be there somewhere.[/quote]
It's in the Wii Shop channel, first choice under "settings."

---

According to the Nintendo rep I spoke to, you do not get points for gifted games or games redeemed via download ticket. :(

im not able to login. this is so pathetic. its been almost a month and i havent been able to login. if you try to login to their forums, and it wants you to login onto club nintendo. its like youre stuck in a loop. ive even tried logging in at 4am at one point, 4AM! and it still wont let me through.

after a millions of dollars from americans can't they at least spend some money on a better server?

[quote name='Strell']I don't think the G&W collection will reach great levels of value, but I'm prepared to be wrong about that.
[/quote]
the japanese people had the first take on that game.. and some got more than 50 copies im sure.... specially when youre a store and people don't bother to register their games, they can easily take advantage of that. i really dont see it as being rare. and especially when games do not have region locks..

It might be different here though, as it seems Nintendo has been somewhat known for limited stock of so called "lesser" titles. I can't imagine what kind of stocks they have planned for the G&W game, but I would almost be willing to bet that its not in the millions.

I received World of Goo as a gift last night and while it shows up as a registered product for me, I don't have a survey yet. Has anyone else had this happen?

[quote name='ProfWho']I received World of Goo as a gift last night and while it shows up as a registered product for me, I don't have a survey yet. Has anyone else had this happen?[/quote]

All shop channel games have no surveys yet.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']All shop channel games have no surveys yet.[/quote]I've already completed post-play surveys for both Tetris Party and World of Goo. They were there the first time I was (finally) able to log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back