Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eugaet']I've already completed post-play surveys for both Tetris Party and World of Goo. They were there the first time I was (finally) able to log in.[/quote]
Thats odd, I have a secret of mana survey since launch that I can't do yet. I thought they were not working yet.

[quote name='ProfWho']I received World of Goo as a gift last night and while it shows up as a registered product for me, I don't have a survey yet. Has anyone else had this happen?[/quote]
[quote name='thesimplicity']According to the Nintendo rep I spoke to, you do not get points for gifted games or games redeemed via download ticket. :([/quote]:oldman:

[quote name='jlseal']If you still can't log in, try your user name instead of your email. That worked for me.[/quote]

Yeah, the same thing happened with my account. Use your username and you should be able to get in...assuming you were using your email address.

I got my Super Mario Bros stylus set today. Yay for my third set of rainbow styli- I like how the graphic extends to the back of the case.

At least that was the only thing I wanted from the prize list, so I have time to build up some more coins now(spent all of 'em on that :p).

Just talked to a customer rep. She said that she didn't think each member of a family account is able to reach Platinum individually and get their own individual Platinum award at the end of the cycle. She recommended setting up everyone on an individual account if we wanted our own Plat award.

EDIT: Can anyone verify this is how it works in Japan or Europe? Also, those of you who already have family accounts, is the account marked Platinum, or is each individual member marked at a certain level?

EDIT EDIT: So I just read the following in the Club Nintendo FAQ:

Why can't I register more than one of any product in my Club Nintendo account?
You can register as many of any one product (systems or games) as there are members in your Family Account. Please note that only the first game registered will be eligible for the survey and Coins.
So...I think we'll go with individual accounts. For now. I think they can be joined later if I decide to.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']So I guess I'm going to be the only one getting the AC playing cards?[/quote]

G&W here, but who knows when it'll get here -- got the shipping notice from Nintendo, but can't go the tracking/order status page because I STILL... CAN'T .... FREAKING LOG IN! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='Dah-Dee']G&W here, but who knows when it'll get here -- got the shipping notice from Nintendo, but can't go the tracking/order status page because I STILL... CAN'T .... FREAKING LOG IN! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

Really, I log in all the time with no problems.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']So I guess I'm going to be the only one getting the AC playing cards?[/QUOTE]

I ordered those for my gf, got an e-mail saying they shipped. I'll be sure to post pics when I get them.

I can't log in....I logged in once when it first came out. I've tried logging in with my username, my email, changing my password, etc. Any other ideas?

[quote name='SteveGo']I ordered those for my gf, got an e-mail saying they shipped. I'll be sure to post pics when I get them.[/quote]

Cool, I ordered them today as well but I would like to see pics regardless.

[quote name='XTommyDonX'] Does anyone think that it may be of any value in the future? Should I open it and is it worth it for only 3 G&W games? [/QUOTE]

No way.......Well, I doubt it.

Over here in Japan, you can find used copies of G&W Collection, Tingle's Balloon Fight, Exclamation Warriors, and G&W Collection 2 (all of which are Club Nintendo Exclusives for DS) at almost every used game store for under $20 (minus G&W Collection 2, which is around $30 because it's fairly new).

I'm not sure if the game will be as cheap in the US eventually, but I'd assume so.

After realizing how much money I had spent to get enough points to get those games, I've decided NEVER to order a Club Nintendo Exclusive game again.

You're better off going for exclusive soundtracks and controllers, as those hold their value quite well. The Old-school Mario/Luigi/Wario GC controllers still go for about $40-50 each (USED) and the exclusive Wavebird is near-impossible to find. The Super Famicom Classic Controller runs between $40-70 too (but I found an extra for only $10 mwa ha ha ha! :D ). I'm curious to see what the Golden Wii Wheel will go for...

:rofl: I hate Nintendo, but at least my bitching might get me something

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail I appreciate your patience in receiving our reply.

The situation you are describing is one that we are aware of. Rest assured that we are working on a resolution, and we will be back in touch with you to provide further assistance as soon as possible. Also, since you've had trouble with your surveys, we'll add some bonus coins to your account when the issue is resolved.

Again, we appreciate your patience.

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: I hate Nintendo, but at least my bitching might get me something[/quote]
Nice! I should have been less patient...

I wish they would add some "Intend To Buy" games. I guess nothing's really coming out for a month or more still, but I want to play with the feature. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't put all my coins in now that I know there will be different prizes next year. Oh well. I'll hold out a little longer before ordering anything.

The world is about to end. I finally got in.

Edit: but... where are all my registered games? I did about 20 surveys, but then that's it??? where are all my games?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going for the Game & Watch reward but I think I've decided to just sit at 600 coins (for platinum status) and save the rest of my codes for next year (July) so I can at least get gold for the next nintendo year. I'm also hoping for some more appealing rewards in the future. The coins last for a while, right?

Ugh, finally found all the older games and systems, but they don't count towards coins. I'm going to have to open a couple wii or a few ds games to grab the codes if I want the G&W set. I dont know what I want. Are the stylii/card cases cardboard? I like the white six-card case, but it doesn't come with any stylii.

If someone with the AC stylii set could tell me if it's cardboard and if there is any art on the back, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='guinaevere']Ugh, finally found all the older games and systems, but they don't count towards coins. I'm going to have to open a couple wii or a few ds games to grab the codes if I want the G&W set. I dont know what I want. Are the stylii/card cases cardboard? I like the white six-card case, but it doesn't come with any stylii.

If someone with the AC stylii set could tell me if it's cardboard and if there is any art on the back, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
I have the SMB set, and I believe it's cardboard covered in laminate (the art), with foam on the inside for the games and styli.

It has art on the back.

Thanks Rocko. I saw the SMB wrap-around art, that looked pretty cool. Which is why I'm thinking of AC. But the front cover of the AC set looks kinda meh. Well, at least the hair on the girl does.

See, I like the stylii sets because they come with stylusesesses. But I'd want one I like (SMB doesn't do much for me and AC I'm on the fence over bc of the cover) and that I can throw in my purse, and I dont want something that'll be bent or creased or whatever. I've been using this little hello kitty coin purse my Sister in Law gave me a few years back for carrying around my "take with me games."
ie, mario kart, mario party, nsmb, bomberman and tetris. These are the games my brother and I usually have fun playing together when we go out to lunch, or if I ever run into kids with DSes, it's fun to play a quick match of something in a store or where ever.

Still deciding. Has anyone picked up the hanafuda cards yet? I'd like to see the art on them. But to be honest, the clubhouse games version of hanafuda is so much easier. blah, I dont know what to do. G&W is funny in Smash Brothers, but I never actually was enthralled with the original games.

So there are still problems for people trying to log in? I haven't been able to get in since before Christmas, and I have a bunch of codes to put in and it's driving me insane!

[quote name='guinaevere']
Still deciding. Has anyone picked up the hanafuda cards yet? I'd like to see the art on them. But to be honest, the clubhouse games version of hanafuda is so much easier. blah, I dont know what to do. G&W is funny in Smash Brothers, but I never actually was enthralled with the original games.[/quote]
I'm on the fence about the hanafuda cards (there are images floating around the web, not sure where I saw it last - probably GAF), but I'd say if you're not sure about something just hold onto the points. There might be 1600+ points worth of stuff you really want next year. And a lot of these will probably carry over as well in next year's catalog.

For the wii ware and virtual console games how do you get your points?

I looked on my account and all the games i have are registered but i have not gotten any points for them.Most were bought before this club nintendo started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='icpmattj']For the wii ware and virtual console games how do you get your points?

I looked on my account and all the games i have are registered but i have not gotten any points for them.Most were bought before this club nintendo started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I have a question on this too:

I linked my shop account to my club nintendo account but my two wiiware games (World of Goo and Tetris Party) aren't showing up. Do I have to do something to make them show up?

[quote name='tsmvengy']I have a question on this too:

I linked my shop account to my club nintendo account but my two wiiware games (World of Goo and Tetris Party) aren't showing up. Do I have to do something to make them show up?[/quote]
Make sure you've registered the serial for your Wii system as well. Mine didn't show up until I did this.

May have already been answered but I haven't seen it discussed since I started following this thread in November...

Anyone register multiple 'breeds' of Nintendogs? If I have, let's say, all four 'breeds', can I get 30 pts for each?

[quote name='eugaet']May have already been answered but I haven't seen it discussed since I started following this thread in November...

Anyone register multiple 'breeds' of Nintendogs? If I have, let's say, all four 'breeds', can I get 30 pts for each?[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to the first post each Nintendogs game gets you 30 points.

[quote name='tsmvengy']I have a question on this too:

I linked my shop account to my club nintendo account but my two wiiware games (World of Goo and Tetris Party) aren't showing up. Do I have to do something to make them show up?[/quote]

[quote name='icpmattj']For the wii ware and virtual console games how do you get your points?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

They do make FAQs for a reason.

[quote name='club nintendo faq']I've linked my Club Nintendo profile to my Wii Shop Channel. Why aren't my Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels showing up in my list of registered products?
Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels downloaded prior to creating the Club Nintendo link will not automatically be displayed in your list of registered products. Click here to review the list of Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels downloads that are eligible for surveys and Coins. To have these eligible games added to your Club Nintendo account, so you can complete surveys and earn Coins, please email us by clicking here. You will need to provide us with all pertinent information (name, username, email address, system serial number, game titles, etc.). Our Consumer Service Representatives will verify that the game(s) you want registered was downloaded from your Wii Shop account and add them to your Club Nintendo list of registered products. Not providing all of the pertinent information will increase the time it takes to find a solution and receive a reply.
Please note that Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels are eligible for the Post Play Surveys only. These surveys will appear in your To-Do List within 4-6 weeks of your download.
[/quote]

[quote name='Josef']Yes, according to the first post each Nintendogs game gets you 30 points.[/quote]Well, yeah, I've seen the list. I just wanted to check, though, since each game is technically the same, except for the starter dogs. They each have a separate UPC, though, so I figure (or at least hope) they're worth separate points.

The official FAQ does say that you can register as many of one game as you have members in your family account, but only the first one is eligible for surveys and coins. I wasn't sure how this would apply to Nintendogs. I asked a Nintendo CSR (was calling about a different issue) and he had no idea and couldn't find anything about it in their scripted answer book.

I was just looking for confirmation from someone who has done it that you do indeed get separate points under a family account. Yes, each copy of Nintendogs is eligible for 30 pts, but do you only get the points for the first one? Does registering the first one make the following 3 copies ineligible? That was my question.

I'm still trying to decide if I set up a family account or 4 individual accounts. If I can get all 120 pts on the family account, I'll go that route. Otherwise, I'll do individual accounts.

[quote name='botticus']I'm on the fence about the hanafuda cards (there are images floating around the web, not sure where I saw it last - probably GAF), but I'd say if you're not sure about something just hold onto the points. There might be 1600+ points worth of stuff you really want next year. And a lot of these will probably carry over as well in next year's catalog.[/quote]So the points don't expire?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']They do make FAQs for a reason.[/quote]
Thanks for the info,but all my wiiware/VC games do show up in my club nintendo account but theres no where showing points for any of them.

[quote name='guinaevere']So the points don't expire?[/quote]
Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

[quote name='icpmattj']Thanks for the info,but all my wiiware/VC games do show up in my club nintendo account but theres no where showing points for any of them.[/quote]

From my previous post:

Please note that Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels are eligible for the Post Play Surveys only. These surveys will appear in your To-Do List within 4-6 weeks of your download.

Could that explain it?

[quote name='eugaet']Well, yeah, I've seen the list. I just wanted to check, though, since each game is technically the same, except for the starter dogs. They each have a separate UPC, though, so I figure (or at least hope) they're worth separate points.

The official FAQ does say that you can register as many of one game as you have members in your family account, but only the first one is eligible for surveys and coins. I wasn't sure how this would apply to Nintendogs. I asked a Nintendo CSR (was calling about a different issue) and he had no idea and couldn't find anything about it in their scripted answer book.

I was just looking for confirmation from someone who has done it that you do indeed get separate points under a family account. Yes, each copy of Nintendogs is eligible for 30 pts, but do you only get the points for the first one? Does registering the first one make the following 3 copies ineligible? That was my question.

I'm still trying to decide if I set up a family account or 4 individual accounts. If I can get all 120 pts on the family account, I'll go that route. Otherwise, I'll do individual accounts.[/QUOTE]

While I didn't do it myself because I only have one Nintendogs game, I will all but guarantee you will get 30 points for each title. As you stated, each has a different UPC and is thus a different game. I'd be quite surprised if they didn't let you do it.

[quote name='blue_star_cadet']Is there any way to register a game without the PIN code, or another location to find it? I lost mine some time ago.[/quote]

Seriously? I know this forum is open to everyone, but honestly take some time to think about your question first. Why don't you send Nintendo a picture of your game and a receipt: I'm sure they'll accept that.

[quote name='KingBroly']I still haven't gotten any surveys for VC/WW games yet.[/quote]

Same here. I'm going to guess that they're treating all VC/WW games downloaded before Club Nintendo started as having been downloaded when the person started their Club Nintendo account. Since it's been almost 4 weeks since Club Nintendo started letting people sign up, I'm thinking the post-play surveys should be showing up in the next couple weeks for people who signed up right when the service started.

[quote name='blue_star_cadet']Is there any way to register a game without the PIN code, or another location to find it? I lost mine some time ago.[/quote]Yes, there is.

Call Nintendo. I did yesterday about our missing Nintendogs Chihuahua code and was told to cut the UPC from the back of the cover insert and send it to the supplied address. They would register the game to the main account on my family account on receipt of the UPC. I'm saving it as a last resort...I'm not too keen on desecrating the cover insert for 30 pts.

The following FAQ entry doesn't really apply to losing your code...but I honestly couldn't recall ever seeing it. I think it may have helped that I mentioned I searched through all 84 of our DS cases in case it was placed in the wrong one. Never hurts to let them know how much money you give to Nintendo. :bouncy:

My game didn't come with a PIN code. How can I register my game?
Click here to find out if your game is registerable and should have come with a PIN code. If the game you purchased is eligible for registration and the card with the PIN code is missing, please call us at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

Wow eugaet, that's fantastic! Thanks for the information. Either that's a new policy or I was lied to by their CS team via email years ago. Whichever it is, i'm glad to know a missing code doesn't mean you can't still register a game.

thanks for the pics, Steve. I love Resetti as the Joker. XD

Those Animal Crossing cards are awesome. Once I have enough coins, that's what I'm going to order. Thanks for posting those SteveGo

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, there is.

Call Nintendo. I did yesterday about our missing Nintendogs Chihuahua code and was told to cut the UPC from the back of the cover insert and send it to the supplied address.[/QUOTE]

euget - you are awesome! Thanks for looking into this! This should push us over 500 points. We've got, I believe, 3 DS games that we can't find the reg cards for. This should work for used games that have UPC codes too. Not sure if I have any qualifying such games that I bought used, but I'll check. It certainly makes me feel a lot better about buying used Nintendo published games again. Just have to make sure the UPC is still there. Yeah, it is a bit of a bummer to have to cut out the UPC, but I can live with it.

[quote name='crunchewy']euget - you are awesome! Thanks for looking into this! This should push us over 500 points. We've got, I believe, 3 DS games that we can't find the reg cards for. This should work for used games that have UPC codes too. Not sure if I have any qualifying such games that I bought used, but I'll check. It certainly makes me feel a lot better about buying used Nintendo published games again. Just have to make sure the UPC is still there. Yeah, it is a bit of a bummer to have to cut out the UPC, but I can live with it.[/QUOTE]

Yup - this is going to ruin it for those who legitimately lose their PIN code (or, perhaps, buy a new game that, for some reason, doesn't have one...).

Hopefully, Nintendo limits this to a reasonable amount per customer.

[quote name='UncleBob']Yup - this is going to ruin it for those who legitimately lose their PIN code (or, perhaps, buy a new game that, for some reason, doesn't have one...).

Hopefully, Nintendo limits this to a reasonable amount per customer.[/QUOTE]

Why would it ruin it for those who "legitimately lose their PIN code"? We have "legitimately" lost the pin codes for a number of games and I don't feel that allowing us to register via the UPC code has somehow hurt us. On the contrary, I definitely feel that I will be gaining for it. That I can also register the copy of Endless Ocean that I bought used and which still has a UPC code, but no PIN card, that's certainly a bonus. Note that if the original owner still has the PIN card, they can still register it - my registering with the UPC will have no effect on that. If they don't have the PIN card they couldn't register it anyway because they don't have the backup UPC. Once I register it, it will no longer have the UPC code on it and no one else will be able to register it that way.

Only if you have 2 different addresses and it would be a pain to do. I really don't think that will be a significant problem, but, yeah, if an account had an innordinate number of games registered by UPC I wouldn't be surprised if that raised red flags.

[quote name='crunchewy']That I can also register the copy of Endless Ocean that I bought used and which still has a UPC code, but no PIN card, that's certainly a bonus.[/QUOTE]

That.

Not that "everyone" can double their coins, but every product sold can now, in theory, be doubled. If I register all my games, then, trade them in (or resell them on eBay), they can be re-registered using this UPC method by whomever buys them down the road. The intent of this program is to reward the initial owners - those who have given the money to Nintendo and helped the sales of that particular title. Something that allows people to register used copied on a regular basis probably won't last very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back