Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugg. They went ahead and started club nintendo right after I ditched nintendo again for sony. Only nintendo games I will get this year are mad world and gta LC chinatown stories. The VC can kiss my ass. As far as I', concerned the only good things to come out of it are some of the jap only games that we got finally.

[quote name='wii skiier']Yeah, I want one too. I wonder what the threshold is, but no matter what it is I've got to be above it. I have so much stuff registered, but I didn't bother doing it until after the switchover so I wonder if I don't count.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UncleBob']I'm guessing you won't count. The letter says something about noticing how much stuff you had registered at the conversion from MyNintendo to Club Nintendo...[/QUOTE]

Well, I forgot about this - still no card for me. I had close to 100 things registered when I made the switch, so what the hell threshold are you guys that got the cards hitting? The only explanation might be that I didn't have a ton of point-qualifying DS and Wii titles registered as much of mine was GC. But still, I had like 25 surveys to complete once I signed up. I haven't done all of those yet (saving them for July when the club status rolls over) since I hit platinum the first day with new reg codes.

Only Nintendo knows what the "threshold" is - I had around 125 titles registered though, with a good assortment of Wii, DS, GBA and GCN titles all registered, including one of each system (Wii. DS. DS lite, GCN, GBA, GBASP and GBm).

What's this about a card from Reggie? I've got 980 points and a shit-tom of post surveys I'm saving until next year since I'm already platinum and I haven't gotten the courtesy of a reach around.

[quote name='bmulligan']What's this about a card from Reggie? I've got 980 points and a shit-tom of post surveys I'm saving until next year since I'm already platinum and I haven't gotten the courtesy of a reach around.[/quote]
I got a reach-around, but still no card.

It might have to do with a certain amount of shit registered. :shrug:?
In the letter he said something like, WOWZ U HAZ LOTS OF GAYMEZ REGISTERED LOLOL

The letter went out to people who had a TON of stuff registed on MyNintendo prior to the switch. I started registering my games back in May of 05, and I had 138 on my list. That includes all Systems, Virtual Console purchases and Wii Channels (Everybody Votes, Check Mii Out, etc).

The guy that posted his letter on Kotaku had 118 items registered, so it might be anything >100

[quote name='nbballard']The letter went out to people who had a TON of stuff registed on MyNintendo prior to the switch. I started registering my games back in May of 05, and I had 138 on my list. That includes all Systems, Virtual Console purchases and Wii Channels (Everybody Votes, Check Mii Out, etc).

The guy that posted his letter on Kotaku had 118 items registered, so it might be anything >100[/quote]

I got one as well, primarily from GCN, GBA and DS games, even though I don't have a Wii anymore. I registered my first Wii and that serial is still showing up on my MyNintendo account though.

I'm just checking out that thank you letter on Kotaku for the first time. That's a really nice things for Nintendo to do, even if it cost them next to nothing. It's always good for companies/artists/whatever to acknowledge that fans are the reason for their bank accounts.

On a more practical side, the letter probably softens the blow that all that old stuff won't net you any points in Club Nintendo -_-

[quote name='cranguy']On a more practical side, the letter probably softens the blow that all that old stuff won't net you any points in Club Nintendo -_-[/QUOTE]

believe me, it doesn't.

if anything, it makes me a little more upset to know that they acknowledged how much money i spent, but couldn't care to award me anything more than a piece of paper.

although, i bought the games cause i wanted them, not because i hoped that i'd be awarded someday. i don't really need an award. and i suppose i should be glad i'm getting anything... blah blah blah.

but yeah, this woulda been cool when i was 7 years old and couldn't have possibly afforded all those games. but now, as an adult who can afford to blow money on nintendo games, the best they can come up with is a picture of mario on card stock? really?

[quote name='DocRamon']believe me, it doesn't.

if anything, it makes me a little more upset to know that they acknowledged how much money i spent, but couldn't care to award me anything more than a piece of paper.

although, i bought the games cause i wanted them, not because i hoped that i'd be awarded someday. i don't really need an award. and i suppose i should be glad i'm getting anything... blah blah blah.

but yeah, this woulda been cool when i was 7 years old and couldn't have possibly afforded all those games. but now, as an adult who can afford to blow money on nintendo games, the best they can come up with is a picture of mario on card stock? really?[/quote]

I don't get the people complaining that they don't have points because of old registrations. I have my platinum status, and still have 45+ surveys to complete for more coins.

I know i'm in the minority (with my huge load of games), but even still, i don't think it would have made that much of a difference.

oh, i'm not complaining that i didn't get points for my old registrations. whatever. i'm just saying i would have been happier if they just ignored it altogether and i got nothing. getting an acknowledgement of my MANY registrations that didn't mean jack... makes it sting more.

had the acknowledgement been worthwhile, that's a different story. but what we received was basically... garbage.

ingrateful? sure. but in this instance, i don't agree with the "anything is better than nothing" mentality. no, i think here, given the situation, i'd rather have gotten nothing.

Got the last coins I needed to round out 800 last night with registering Fire Emblem, so I went ahead and ordered Game & Watch collection and shipped this afternoon. Look forward to getting it.

[quote name='foltzie']So what is the consensus here... is Game & Watch the best deal?[/quote]

I prefer the hanafuda cards :) ... and I'm the biggest G&W fanboy ever... :)

Regarding Fire Emblem , if you signed up for the "interest in purchasing" coin bonus , how long do you have to purchase the game and register it?

The bonus question to follow that one up is when did the game officially release , so I know whether or not I've already missed the deadline.

[quote name='dyeknom']10 points for registering within 7 days of launch.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is correct or not, but that's what dyeknom posted earlier. I really think the time frame should be two weeks, but I'm not Nintendo.

Note, though, that you still get 10 extra points just for having registered your intent to buy, and then buying and registering it, even if you register it a year from now. I don't think there is any time limit on that 10 points. It is only the other extra 10 points, for early adopters, that you miss out on.

[quote name='crunchewy']Note, though, that you still get 10 extra points just for having registered your intent to buy, and then buying and registering it, even if you register it a year from now. I don't think there is any time limit on that 10 points. It is only the other extra 10 points, for early adopters, that you miss out on.[/QUOTE]

Note to the note, there arent actually any items for which you can register your intent to buy at this point in time...

[quote name='foltzie']Note to the note, there arent actually any items for which you can register your intent to buy at this point in time...[/QUOTE]

:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

I have a bunch of duplicate codes laying around, is there any way to see if they've been used or not so i can trade them? If i tried to register a used code that was also a game I previous registered, would the "code already used" or "game already registered" message come up?

Dave

If you know that one is unused, but not which, then just give them both and explain why. They'll find out which works. If you are unsure that any are unregistered, that is a different problem. You could offer it for trade with explanation and allow the other person to attempt to register the code or codes before they give you there's in exchange.

[quote name='crunchewy']Note, though, that you still get 10 extra points just for having registered your intent to buy, and then buying and registering it, even if you register it a year from now. I don't think there is any time limit on that 10 points. It is only the other extra 10 points, for early adopters, that you miss out on.[/quote]
Couple clarifications for the rules after I reviewed the FAQ:

1) Intend to Buy surveys provide a range during which you have to buy the game in order for the bonus to count. However, how strict this is, I can't say, since I think the Intend to Buy range for Fire Emblem ended on 2/15 (day before it came out). Misread this part - the Intend to Buy range is the time during which you have to indicate your intent, so I think crunchewy is correct above that those bonus points will be applied no matter when you end up buying it.

2) Early registration bonuses are earned when registering a game within 4 weeks, so you have a bit of leeway there.

Can't wait until June so we can be disappointed in our Platinum member prizes \\:D/
..and so I can get more points and hopefully get something neat.

I honestly fear that our points will be reset on July 1, we will be given a choice of some crappy prizes for being Gold/Platinum (if a choice at all..), and the prizes that we currently see will be the same too. :(

Man, shipping was fast! Placed my order for Game & Watch Collection Tuesday night, it shipped Wednesday afternoon and was here today!

[quote name='lilboo']Can't wait until June so we can be disappointed in our Platinum member prizes \\:D/
..and so I can get more points and hopefully get something neat.

I honestly fear that our points will be reset on July 1, we will be given a choice of some crappy prizes for being Gold/Platinum (if a choice at all..), and the prizes that we currently see will be the same too. :([/quote]I generally find it hard to be disappointed by free stuff, particularly after the collective gamers of the country bitched for the free stuff Japan got, which varied from very awesome to very lame.

Intend to Buy for Mario Tennis and Pikmin should show up soon, no?

[quote name='botticus']I generally find it hard to be disappointed by free stuff, particularly after the collective gamers of the country bitched for the free stuff Japan got, which varied from very awesome to very lame.

Intend to Buy for Mario Tennis and Pikmin should show up soon, no?[/QUOTE]

And given that the prices are much better than Europe's ClubNintendo and are more in line with Japan, I'm willing to give Nintendo some benefit of the doubt in that the prizes will be somewhat fair. Of course, Japan has had its share of disappointing prizes, such as this past year. It's hard to get excited over a Golden Wheel, Calendar, or Mario hat, but then again its going to be hard to top the Wii Super Famicom controller.

Was Fire Emblem's intend to buy available two weeks, or a month before release? Amazon is showing both Wii Pikmin/Tennis as being released on the 9th so it should be somewhat soon.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']And given that the prices are much better than Europe's ClubNintendo and are more in line with Japan, I'm willing to give Nintendo some benefit of the doubt in that the prizes will be somewhat fair. Of course, Japan has had its share of disappointing prizes, such as this past year. It's hard to get excited over a Golden Wheel, Calendar, or Mario hat, but then again its going to be hard to top the Wii Super Famicom controller.

Was Fire Emblem's intend to buy available two weeks, or a month before release? Amazon is showing both Wii Pikmin/Tennis as being released on the 9th so it should be somewhat soon.[/quote]
All those prizes seem to be between $10-$20 retail value, so they all seem like decent rewards (considering as botticus pointed out - they are FREE). Where you think the controller is the best, I would actually prefer the golden wheel, and my son would kill for the Mario hat.

I've got my Platinum status, so I'm happy. I don't know that I'll go for it again next year because I've really backed off from the DS for a while. My points don't expire for a couple years, so I'm holding out to see if something I like more than what's available now comes up after the turn of the "Nintendo year".

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
Was Fire Emblem's intend to buy available two weeks, or a month before release? Amazon is showing both Wii Pikmin/Tennis as being released on the 9th so it should be somewhat soon.[/quote]
~2 weeks. Should be up on Monday if it follows.

Well, I've been having trouble with surveys for VC games. They appear and when I click on them it takes me to the survey page and nothing appears. I kept bugging them about it, and so they sent me the 20 coins I would receive if I would've taken the survey. They said they don't know when it will be fixed, and that once it is I can take the survey. (Whether this nets me coins I don't know)

But atleast they gave me the coins since it won't work...

Atleast someone else is experiencing the same VC issue for survey's. I had to send two emails to Nintendo regarding this problem. the Second one I was more descriptive about my issue. I wonder what they will do for me.

The Fire Emblem intend-to-buy isn't there because the game has been released. I believe the idea is you state your intent to buy before the game is released. You missed your chance. It was there for several weeks.

I have 1090 coins and it says I have reached Elite Status.

Elite Status Coins
An elite status is based on the number of Coins earned in a Club Nintendo year. The Club Nintendo year begins on July 1 and ends June 30. Club Nintendo members that reach Gold or Platinum status by the end of the Club Nintendo year will be sent a special award. See our FAQ for additional information.

I wonder what the special award is.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

[quote name='mullenlegend']Is there like a glitch where you can't do VC games? I would have more coins if it actually registered my VC games.[/quote]
Did you link your shop account and your Club Nintendo account?

Also, if you're trying to register any of the following then you have to send an e-mail to support, the instructions are here. Click "Product Registration" and scroll down to "I've linked my Club Nintendo profile to my Wii Shop Channel. Why aren't my Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels showing up in my list of registered products?"

The games that you may need to send an e-mail for:
Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Master System)
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Was something new added to the rewards section recently? I remember there being four rows, and now there are five. Those Mario Party cards, maybe?

[quote name='cochesecochese']That thing is ugly as sin.[/quote]

At least they are making the effort, though. I'll take the garbage if they continue also giving us the quality products as well.

Also, can the OP copy and paste this basic info for people?

Club Nintendo

This thread is dedicated to keeping people updated regarding one of Nintendo's most recent promotions. This thread is for discussion of the program, rewards, stories, etc. This thread is NOT for Trading. Trading can be done in the following thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895

How it works
--------------
Simple. Clean. Easy.

Visit http://club.nintendo.com and register to be eligible. Your account, had you previously registered Nintendo games on their website, should still be active and automatically switched over. Otherwise, you will need a new account.

Registering Codes:

Many games released prior to December 2008 can be registered; however, of those games, only select Wii, Wii Shop Channel games, Wii Channels, and Nintendo DS games will qualify for surveys. See the list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:

Wii Games:
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Sluggers
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels:
Make sure your Club Nintendo account is linked to your Wii Shop Channel Account so your downloads are automatically registered. Games will loosely show up 4-6 weeks after the download date.
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS

Taking your Surveys:

After you register your game or purchase your wii shop channel titles you will typically be prompted for a post-play survey which will then translate into coins.

Coins:
Coins are the point system for determining both your annual prize level and eligibility to "purchase" a reward. The following is the registration breakdown:

Wii games: 50 coins
DS Games: 30 coins
Wii Shop Channel Games: 10 coins

Some titles, however, receive more than your normal coin amount when registered. For example, Wii Fit receives 80 coins.

Coins are also awarded for those who complete their "intention to buy" survey (10 points) and/or purchase the game within 4 weeks of its launch (10 points).

Rewards:
The important stuff.

800 Coins:
Game & Watch Collection:
gamewatch_collection_featured.jpg

Hanafuda Cards:
hanafuda_cards_main.jpg

700 Coins:

New - Silver DS Gamecard Case
silver_nds_gamecard_case_main.jpg

600 Coins:
White DS Gamecard Case
white_nds_lite_case_main.jpg
Mario Nintendo DS Game Rack
nds_game_rack_main.jpg
Nintendo DS Gamecard and Stylus Set (Black)
nds_game_card_stylus_black_main.jpg
Nintendo DS Gamecard and Stylus Set (Mario Theme)
nds_game_card_stylus_mario_main.jpg
Nintendo DS Gamecard and Stylus Set (Animal Crossing)
nds_game_card_stylus_ac_main.jpg

500 Coins:
Mario Party Playing Cards
marioparty_cards_main.jpg
Animal Crossing Playing Cards
animalcrossing_cards_main.jpg

400 Coins:

Nintendo DS Lite Case (Silver)
nds_lite_case_silver_main.jpg

300 Coins:
Wii Remote Holder
wii_remote_holder_main.jpg

The Annual Gift!

Each Club Nintendo year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30. At the end of this cycle, Nintendo intends on sending free gifts for those who register a certain number of games. There are TWO levels of prizes.

Gold Members
Gold member status is currently set for those who registered coins during the cycle totaling 300-599.

Platinum Members:
Platinum Member status is currently set for those who register 600 or more coins during the same cycle.

So now you ask, what do we get? Well, platinum members will receive the better of the gifts, for obvious reasons. Platinum members will not receive both Gold and Platinum gifts on the same account. Redeeming Coins does not effect your status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back