Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dan13l858']I got my gamestop DSi invite. Who else got one?[/quote]
Not me. I am Platinum, why am I not invited? Jerks.

I got an invite, but it's about 30 miles away. I'm not going to waste my Sunday afternoon at a shitty gamestop store messing around with something I'll have in a few weeks anyways...

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I got an invite, but it's about 30 miles away. I'm not going to waste my Sunday afternoon at a shitty gamestop store messing around with something I'll have in a few weeks anyways...[/QUOTE]

They might be giving away some cool swag. You never know.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I got an invite, but it's about 30 miles away. I'm not going to waste my Sunday afternoon at a shitty gamestop store messing around with something I'll have in a few weeks anyways...[/QUOTE]

Yep. I got the invite as well, but it sounds pretty lame.

[quote name='lilboo']I didn't get one :([/quote]

Nothing here either. I think they must be sending them out to the appropriate regions first.

Anyone else having problems entering the surveys for the intend to buy for Pokemon Platinum and Rhythm Heaven? I keep answering the questions and clicking finish, but it never seems to think I've done it. It always says that I need to do it and the deadline is approaching. I suppose they still haven't gotten the site working 100% yet. Sigh.

EDIT: I got the thing about the DSi preview, but it's too far away from me. It's in New Jersey and I'm in Maryland. I can wait.

I got an invite, and its close, but I have to work. If I wasn't working, I'd be tempted to go because I bet they give away one ore two. Not that excited for a demo, though.

Yeah, I suspect they are only sending invites if you are within X miles of such a preview. I mean, if you are 500 miles away, it would just be cruel to send you an invite, no? Maybe they will have more preview events later.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yeah, I suspect they are only sending invites if you are within X miles of such a preview. I mean, if you are 500 miles away, it would just be cruel to send you an invite, no? Maybe they will have more preview events later.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but there only two weeks before the launch.

I would think they'd have a preview in my area, there are a few in my area, as well as 2 within a 5 mile radius from my house. But alas, no invite.

I guess they aren't doing one in my area either. Which I normally wouldn't have expected- but they did do one of those strange Kirby Bubble thing a few blocks from my house.

[quote name='dan13l858']They might be giving away some cool swag. You never know.[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know. I mean, mine is only about 20 minutes away, but still I don't want to waste time if there's nothing worth going for. Has anyone accepted - what do they tell you afterwards? Can you bring someone (would bring one of my kids)?

Edit - Ha, well, I finally got around to clicking on the RSVP link and it says registration is now closed for the event. Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, no reports of what went down at these platinum-only DSi events over the weekend? I'd like to know what I missed :lol:.

i went in and filled out the intend to buy survey for rhythm heaven. a
i'm not sure when i'll buy it, but i'm sure i'll pick it up at some point.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...if I don't use my Coins by June (July?) do I lose those coins forever?[/quote]
The coins are valid for purchasing for 2 Club years, I believe. So you would start to have coins expire in July 2010.

I had an invite for my area, but it was like 35 miles away, so I didn't go.

Post play surveys are now posted for a ton of games (older ones, too) in Club Nintendo. I got surveys for the following:
Super Paper Mario
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Animal Crossing: City Folk
New Super Mario Bros
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Wii Play
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Party 8
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Mario Kart
Endless Ocean
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Wario Land: Shake It!
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokémon Pearl
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Pokemon Platinum
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Mario Party DS

Post play surveys are going to show up approx. 6 weeks after you first register a game. Most of us started receiving ours in late Jan/early February.

[quote name='foltzie']With whom? Details?[/quote]
well it's a gamestop sponsered event, so I assume with them. my event is too far to be worth it, so i'm not going.

anyone go to teh DSi preview thingyZ for VIPz?

Did they give away free stuff or swagZ? maybe a free DSi? :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you used proper grammar and not replace your letter s with letter z's then maybe someone would take you seriously.

[quote name='pete5883']I think all of those have always had post-play surveys. Has it been about a month since you first signed up at Club Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Umm, yep - exactly a month today. I guess I didn't realize that's how it worked.

and your sig - it's sad PJ is now releasing songs too crappy for their first cd as new material. They were my fav band back in high school/college, but I haven't bought anything from them in 10 years because of their steady de-evolution in to whiny random crappy music far from their strong rock band roots. Oh well - at least the re-release of their good early stuff looks interesting.

anyone here do the intent to buy with DS Fire Emblem before the game actually came out and register it like the first day/week?

I thought you can get at most is 50 points for a DS game. What I am trying to find out is did you get 40 or 50 coins before you got the post play survey.

(30 game+ 10 post play + 10 intent to buy)

Weird thing a CAG told me he reg'd and got 50 points for pokemAnz platinum. And the post play has not rolled in yet? So are they crediting you with the 10 post play early or has it yet to come. 60 points for a single DS game is ZOMGz!:hot:

Anyone know about this?

[quote name='muzras']anyone here do the intent to buy with DS Fire Emblem before the game actually came out and register it like the first day/week?

I thought you can get at most is 50 points for a DS game. What I am trying to find out is did you get 40 or 50 coins before you got the post play survey.

(30 game+ 10 post play + 10 intent to buy)

Weird thing a CAG told me he reg'd and got 50 points for pokemAnz platinum. And the post play has not rolled in yet? So are they crediting you with the 10 post play early or has it yet to come. 60 points for a single DS game is ZOMGz!:hot:

Anyone know about this?[/QUOTE]

You're not talking like you normally do :cry:

I think Fire Emblem got me 30 + 10 + 10 for a total of 50.

I registered Platinum and got 10 + 10 + 30. I don't think the Post Play for it has come up yet, so maybe another 10 is on the horizon?

I still haven't registered AC:CF, WL:SI, Kirby Super Star Ultra or Clubhouse Games yet, so that's 160 points for next "year" I guess. Oh, and Pokemon Diamond, so 190. Then I have 18 Post Plays I have right now, so that's 230-240 points I still have coming to me at some point.

[quote name='Josef']You're not talking like you normally do :cry:

I think Fire Emblem got me 30 + 10 + 10 for a total of 50.[/quote]
I never got either the early registration or the intend to buy points, so I'm at 30 + 10 in my history. It'd be nice if they go back and fix FE if they're apparently gotten things straightened out for Pokemon.

[quote name='botticus']I never got either the early registration or the intend to buy points, so I'm at 30 + 10 in my history. It'd be nice if they go back and fix FE if they're apparently gotten things straightened out for Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I just checked again and I'm also at 30 + 10, with both on the same day. I'm assuming the extra 10 on that day is from the "intent to buy." I haven't filled out a post play survey yet for it, so that would be an additional 10.

i have a bunch of games registered and listed in the Earn Coins screen, they have 0 coins next to register (they were old, like Super Paper Mario) but then like 30 coins next to survey. I cant click any of it and they are not in the To Do list. Does this mean that I already did it (its been a few months, I don't remember) or is it telling me i have to take the surveys still and its just glitching on me...

[quote name='Josef']You're not talking like you normally do :cry:

I think Fire Emblem got me 30 + 10 + 10 for a total of 50.[/quote]

SorryZ! are you teh FanZ of lolCATz? zZZ zzzz :Dz zz z z z zzzzzzzzzzz Z

( fellow CAGaroooZ have Beenz givingZ me a hard time typing in lolcatz form :cry:z) So I have tried to stop (but my inner lolcatz wantz to stay alive!). but if you see I still sneak a few lolcatz termz like: pokemAnz:bouncy:

[quote name='muzras']SorryZ! are you teh FanZ of lolCATz? zZZ zzzz :Dz zz z z z zzzzzzzzzzz Z

( fellow CAGaroooZ have Beenz givingZ me a hard time typing in lolcatz form :cry:z) So I have tried to stop (but my inner lolcatz wantz to stay alive!). but if you see I still sneak a few lolcatz termz like: pokemAnz:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you and some CAGs need a :grouphug:

From what I've read, this is a fairly new program in the US, but has been around for a while in Japan? What were the past gold/platinum gifts for them? I just got my wii last week, and I'm up to 320 points and I think I can easily hit platinum before the July switch date.

Well, if I read the faq right, you can get up to 60 points per ds and 80 per wii game:
30 points for registration/initial survey
10 points for intend to buy (and actually registering it)
10 points for registering within 4 weeks of the game's release
10 points for post play survey (available 4-6 weeks after you register it)

You can earn Coins by:
Registering a Wii or Nintendo DS game and completing a quick survey.
Wii games = 50 Coins
Nintendo DS games = 30 Coins
Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels = 10 Coins
Indicating your intent to buy a game. You'll earn 10 extra Coins after you buy it, register it and complete the survey.
Registering a Nintendo game and completing a quick survey within 4 weeks of its launch. You'll earn an additional 10 Coins!
Completing a Post Play survey that will be available within 4-6 after the release of a game. You'll earn an additional 10 Coins!

I can confirm I got 50 points the day I registered Pokemon Platinum (10 for intend to buy and 40 for registration, which I'm assuming is the 30 points as normal plus 10 for early registration).

I was just thinking - post play surveys don't expire for quite some time. I already have platinum status for this year. Do you think if I hold off on doing the rest until July, then fill them out, the points would count toward next year?

It seems logical that they would, but I just wasn't sure if they'd count them toward platinum/gold status or not, or if they base it on the club nintendo year that the survey was taken vs the year the game was registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back