Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='maigoyume']Go purchase any of the VC games that are applicable for the club nintendo points.[/QUOTE]

Won't work. VC games are only eligible for post play surveys 4-6 weeks after. If he bought something now, the post play survey wouldn't show up until July.

Edit: D'oh. Too late. :)

The only thing you really can do is buy a game between now and July. Your cheapest deal would be picking up a DS game, or just go ahead and pick up one of the games being released this month (Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis, The Conduit, ect.) to push you over. Since you're so close, it might be worth it considering that the gold gift that Japan usually gets is a calendar.

I think Pikmin 1 w/ Wii controls is $25 at Costco. I guess I'll just pick that up.

Are there any other differences between gold and platinum? Thanks

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis, The Conduit, ect.[/QUOTE]

Would any of those games work? They aren't Nintendo

[quote name='kevlar51']Would any of those games work? They aren't Nintendo[/QUOTE]

You're right, I completely forgot about that for some reason.

If you see this post, you can again get an idea of what Japan has gotten in previous years. Platinum gets a selection from any, while Gold is typically limited to only one choice. I don't know why you would want to select the gold gift, but based on Japan's items, its definitely worth going for Platinum.

Pikmin is really good if you haven't played it, but Jungle Beat and Mario Tennis are also other cheaper options if you decide to not go with Pikmin.

[quote name='kevlar51']AAAARRRGHHHH! I just found 8 post play surveys sitting in my account. I completed them and I'm now at 590 points. 10 shy of platinum.
What's the most cost-effective way to get over the hump by 6/30?[/QUOTE]
Link's Crossbow Training is only like $2.99 used at Gamestop. If you can find one with a code, that's a great way to get some cheap points.

[quote name='Hostile']Has anyone gotten the Silver Nintendo DS Game Card Case yet? I'm interested in the aluminum stylus.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have it. Overall I'm pleased with it....the case and stylus both seem to be made fairly well. The stylus is longer and heavier than the original. I can post pics of it if you'd like.

[quote name='gamegirl79']Yes, I have it. Overall I'm pleased with it....the case and stylus both seem to be made fairly well. The stylus is longer and heavier than the original. I can post pics of it if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

Longer and heavier means it won't fit in the DS?

I want something like this for it... wonder why nintendo hasn't made something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Retractable-Stylus-Nintendo-Smooth-Navigation/dp/B000HQGTXE

[quote name='xycury']Longer and heavier means it won't fit in the DS?[/QUOTE]

Correct. It's way too big to fit in the DS....you have to store it inside the case. However, if the stylus that comes with the DS is too small for you, then you'll really like the aluminum one.

What does the gold to platinum gain you again? More price access?

I am sitting on tons (need to add them up) but I have yet to register thinking I would lose the coins, not the status... now I may just register if I keep the coins.

[quote name='xycury']Longer and heavier means it won't fit in the DS?

I want something like this for it... wonder why nintendo hasn't made something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Retractable-Stylus-Nintendo-Smooth-Navigation/dp/B000HQGTXE[/QUOTE]

The one retractable stylus I had was a piece of crap. While that may not be indicative of all retractable stylus, I think it's hard to avoid the inherent problem - if it is retractable it is hollow and thin and thus will bend and break easily, especially if aluminum.

[quote name='Snake2715']What does the gold to platinum gain you again? More price access?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly platinum level members get a choice of more and/or better awards at the end of the club nintendo year where as gold-level just get what they get - no choice. Also earlier this year platinum CN members got invited to "exclusive" previews of the DSi, although they were only in certain places and the one they invited me to was too far away. I presume there will be other such exclusive invites, although probably not for *this* CN year since it is almost over (at the end of this month.)

[quote name='crunchewy']The one retractable stylus I had was a piece of crap. While that may not be indicative of all retractable stylus, I think it's hard to avoid the inherent problem - if it is retractable it is hollow and thin and thus will bend and break easily, especially if aluminum.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for that, maybe hold off on it then on buying it.

well wonder how soon or when we'll know what we can pick from. I'm pretty anxious to get something good! And hopefully they refresh the prizes to pick.

Can anyone tell me if Pikmin gives you 50 coins when registering? I'm assuming it does, but I just want to make sure. I'll probably go pick it up to get the 50 coins I need.

hey guys do the intent to buy thingy for

Wii Sports Resort, it went up 6/26

(does not matter whether you buy or not but give you the chance to get an extra 10-20 coins if you reg it)

[quote name='muzras']hey guys do the intent to buy thingy for

Wii Sports Resort, it went up 6/26

(does not matter whether you buy or not but give you the chance to get an extra 10-20 coins if you reg it)[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated heads up, muzras! These games don't seem to stay long in the "Intend to Buy" area, maybe a couple weeks.

[quote name='Josef']Much appreciated heads up, muzras! These games don't seem to stay long in the "Intend to Buy" area, maybe a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

Ya I missed like 1 or 2 of them :whistle2:(

Think peronal walker was one of them
Will try to poastz everytime I can if I see new intentz to buyz come in. :D

I just logged in to get to enter in some codes to get to Gold status (don't have enough for platinum), and noticed a couple of post-play surveys for a couple of older games i had registered (Phantom Hourglass and Big Brain Academy). Those netted me 10 extra coins each. Do all games have post play surveys? So do you actually get 60 for Wii games and 40 for DS games? How long does it take for the post-play surveys to appear? If I could get post-play surveys for all of my games done before 6/30, I could hit platinum. Otherwise, I will save my 200 points for next year and stick with Gold for this year.

[quote name='vgossain']I just logged in to get to enter in some codes to get to Gold status (don't have enough for platinum), and noticed a couple of post-play surveys for a couple of older games i had registered (Phantom Hourglass and Big Brain Academy). Those netted me 10 extra coins each. Do all games have post play surveys? So do you actually get 60 for Wii games and 40 for DS games? How long does it take for the post-play surveys to appear? If I could get post-play surveys for all of my games done before 6/30, I could hit platinum. Otherwise, I will save my 200 points for next year and stick with Gold for this year.[/QUOTE]

yes.

post plays take 4-6 weeks usually from date of entry, but you get initial coin amounts. I have had code enter but did not take the regular survey, so the first 30 or 50 has to come out the the chance of 10 comes later.

hey buds, this is a long shot for me, but I'm 10 stars away from platinum and if anyone wants to share a DS or Wii code that they have no use for it would be awesome!!!

[quote name='saggypockets']not yet but im staying up till midnight to see if they will be.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's 2:28 AM here. What time is it over in, uh, Antarctica?

I have this feeling they won't announce the prizes till the 1st of July. ;)

Because today is the last day till midnight to get last minute points/surveys done.

Unless I'm wrong about this but that appears to be the case.

I'm glad I sat down and did all the registrations. I'm kept putting it off because I would have to go through storage to find the boxes and the inserts - but I got enough to get me over the 600 mark without having to open any of my still sealed Wii games that I've had sitting around.

I was angry the Kirby Squeak Sqaud wasn't elgible. What BS! No love for the Pink Puff.

Also I find it funny that the japanese club nintendo points come packaged in all games (at least in all my import wii and ds games) where as only Nintendo released games get the club nintendo points here.

well rocky i think you were right. i read up on the info on club nintendo and it says they'll announce them after the 30th, which will be the 1st.

The gold reward better be decent. I decided not to buy anything since I wasn't really interested in the options, and it seemed dumb to be buying a game I'm not really interested in just to get enough points for the club heh.

[quote name='Dokstarr']I was angry the Kirby Squeak Sqaud wasn't elgible. What BS! No love for the Pink Puff.[/QUOTE]

Kirby Squeak Squad was released way in advance of Club Nintendo, so you shouldn't really be that surprised that it was ineligible for Club Nintendo points.

For those of you expecting for the reward prizes to be announced tomorrow, don't get your hopes up. Club Nintendo Japan typically announces prizes around 1 month after the year is up, so I wouldn't expect to hear about them until at least mid August.

What games get coins and what games don't seems pretty arbitrary.Super Mario 64 DS was a launch title yet you can get coins for it, so it seems unlikely that when a title was released has much to do with whether or not it can be eligible for coins.

I went ahead and kicked myself over 600 last night, which only took my DS games. I figured, hey, free is free. If it turns out to be something even half-way decent, I'd kick myself.

Plus, just looking at Wii games, I should easily have enough to eclipse 600 already, so I'm good for next year, too.

[quote name='doodofdoods']What games get coins and what games don't seems pretty arbitrary.Super Mario 64 DS was a launch title yet you can get coins for it, so it seems unlikely that when a title was released has much to do with whether or not it can be eligible for coins.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it has to do with the release date, but whether or not the game was still widely available when Club Nintendo started.

Hope the platinum reward is something cool but I'm not going to get too excited about it. Also hope they put new things up for the regular rewards that are of more interest with it being a new year.

I'm at 550 coins right now, and I just received Punchout!!! last night via ebay. That will push me to 600 coins and Platinum status. Hopefully, the prize is decent.

[quote name='Trillian']I've got a Smash Bros. Brawl code I don't need, if anybody needs it before the rollover.[/QUOTE] I'll gladly put it to good use. I'm at 280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back