Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I've got until June 2010 to see if I want this for myself or will sell/gift it away. I'm still glad I didn't get a hat that would just rot in my closet though.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Damn. Guess I can't complain too much since I got ~$20 for mine, and you probably lost like $5 in ebay/paypal fees. I didn't pick it with the expectations of selling it anyway, so it was a nice surprise to see it was worth anything at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, eBay/PP has gotten ridiculous. Why bother putting games up for X when you will only get $Y.ZZ back? Ugh.

Whatever, I paid $0 and got $38.xx back. I'm ok with that.

[quote name='scottman']I guess I've got until June 2010 to see if I want this for myself or will sell/gift it away. I'm still glad I didn't get a hat that would just rot in my closet though.[/QUOTE]

You definitely want to sell it IMO. Unless you are some kind of rare game collector, I can't imagine getting $40 out of the game.

I got my Mario hat today. It's pretty neat, but comes with a note that says that it's not a functional hat and should only be used for novelty purposes.

Sure beats a glorified demo of a game I already own.

Oooh, Game & Watch is back. Boooooooo! I want a different game! I still have 1,600 points. Where's my Tingle Balloon Fight?

I have an extra Game & Watch Collection, sealed. It's got a small puncture hole in it, which is why Nintendo sent me a second copy. I'll trade it for something not already in my collection.

To be honest, if the Demo came out earlier it would have been worth it. Since I picked up Punch Out between then and now it's not worth it. To me the Hat isn't worth it either, but each person knows what they like.

Got the hat today and it's pretty cool. Note included says that it's not meant to wear. Not arguing because I find this to be a better conversation starter than fighting Doc.

I got my Mario hat today, so very cool.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']
Oooh, Game & Watch is back. Boooooooo! I want a different game! I still have 1,600 points. Where's my Tingle Balloon Fight?
[/QUOTE]
Nintendo needs to put up Disaster Day of Crisis and Trace Memory 2 on Club Nintendo seeing as how they already have English translations and would most likely cost less to make then a DS cart. If they don't want to sell them at least give them away.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I got my Mario hat today, so very cool.

Nintendo needs to put up Disaster Day of Crisis and Trace Memory 2 on Club Nintendo seeing as how they already have English translations and would most likely cost less to make then a DS cart. If they don't want to sell them at least give them away.[/QUOTE]

Also got my Mario hat today.

Those are Wii games. if they were DS games it could work, but import Wii games won't play on U.S. consoles.

Wow...My hat came yesterday. I'm 6'5", 270, with a sizable cranium to match, and I figured I'd just put this on eBay because there was no way it would fit my noggin'. Imagine my surprise when it fit like a glove. I like it so much I'm thinking about sourcing some red coveralls and building a whole Halloween costume around it.

Thanks, Nintendo!

I got my Mario Hat on Monday. Damn! much better quality than I thought a free hat would ever be. Fits my head perfectly and keeps it warm, while looking as cool as a Mario Bro. Now I need to start growing my mustache.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Also got my Mario hat today.

Those are Wii games. if they were DS games it could work, but import Wii games won't play on U.S. consoles.[/QUOTE]
I'm not talking about putting up the UK versions, I'm talking about making a limited number of US copies to put up on the Club Nintendo store.

I would imagine it would be extremely easy for Nintendo to go in and change the region on the UK source code and recompile the code.

I got my Mario hat last friday, and I must just have an enormous head, because the hat is just uncomfortable to wear. The elastic makes it slide up my head, so it just sits up there looking too small. It's still a cool little chotchkie though, so I can't really complain.

Got my hat the other day, pretty neat. I tried wearing it but my hair is too poofy and it looks super small on my head xP

Great for display though!

[quote name='djb1986']I got the DLC because you can just buy the hat off of ebay.[/QUOTE]

You could also buy the DLC off of ebay...

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I would think the DLC would go down in price before the hat will[/QUOTE]

I think it would be tough to say. While both are only a set number, people can buy and sell the hat as many times as they see fit. The DLC can only be used once, then it's out of circulation forever.

DX just posted Mario and Luigi hat/cushions for $11.88 each including shipping. Looks padded (like a cushion) so you probably can't wear it unless you gut it.

Dimensions: 11.81 in x 10.63 in x 6.3 in
Weight: 10.34 oz

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29529

sku_29529_1.jpg

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29840

sku_29840_1.jpg

Awesome, my $350 Zelda poster set has shipped. They really need to update their site to track Club Nintendo orders.

Code:
Part #       Description       [IMG]http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/img/p.gif[/IMG]               Quantity       [IMG]http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/img/p.gif[/IMG]       [B]Price[/B] USD
69690        ZELDA POSTER SET-CLUB NINTENDO    1                     $350.00

[quote name='whymustiregister']DX just posted Mario and Luigi hat/cushions for $11.88 each including shipping. Looks padded (like a cushion) so you probably can't wear it unless you gut it.
[/QUOTE]

Was just about to post this - looks a whole lot like my mario hat! I think I may have to pick up the luigi hat (and yet another flashlight to add to the collection!)

[quote name='Dingleberry']I still don't understand why anyone would want the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Try Harder?

Perhaps some of us dont need any more schwag, so a DLC game even one as demo-esque as Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!, is a compelling option.

[quote name='foltzie']Try Harder?

Perhaps some of us dont need any more schwag, so a DLC game even one as demo-esque as Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!, is a compelling option.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I didn't need any more crap to sit on a shelf. Still should have sold it though.

Just got the posters today, and back from finding frames:

club_nintendo_posters.jpg

They look really fantastic once they're in frames. I really wanted to frame the Zelda timeline as well, but the 16.5 x 28.7 dimensions are going to be a little tougher to do without getting it custom. I wish the ESRB ratings were omitted, but I suppose you could always do a more expensive matte frame and crop them out if it really bothered you that much.

[quote name='KingBroly']BlueLobstah, what frame sizes did you buy for the Zelda posters?[/QUOTE]

22" x 28" frames for the two posters at Wal-mart. These usually run around $8-9 a piece and do a good job. There's a cheaper version of this size, but I wouldn't recommend them since they usually fall apart.

[quote name='botticus']Awesome, my $350 Zelda poster set has shipped. They really need to update their site to track Club Nintendo orders.

Code:
Part #       Description       [IMG]http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/img/p.gif[/IMG]               Quantity       [IMG]http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/img/p.gif[/IMG]       [B]Price[/B] USD
69690        ZELDA POSTER SET-CLUB NINTENDO    1                     $350.00
[/QUOTE]

That's really weird. Is everyone getting that?

[quote name='KingBroly']What about the Timeline poster?[/QUOTE]

I haven't found a frame for it yet since it's an unusual size. Unless someone else has been able to find something, the only way to do it and get it the right size is to go custom.

Alrighty, here's the two large Zelda posters framed.
zeldao.jpg

And here's the two Zelda poster's with the Metroid poster.
zelda2.jpg

BONUS!: Here's the Mario hat hanging up on my wall with the other memorabilia.
mariohat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back