Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pete5883']Is Vegas Stakes rare or something?[/QUOTE]

Not particularly, I don't think.

It's just still factory-sealed, so I think it's neat to have a sealed SNES game.

[quote name='maximumzero']Alrighty, here's the two large Zelda posters framed.
zeldao.jpg

And here's the two Zelda poster's with the Metroid poster.
zelda2.jpg

BONUS!: Here's the Mario hat hanging up on my wall with the other memorabilia.
mariohat.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn son, I can tell boots be knockin' all up in there.

Posters came in today. Need to get some frames for them but I have no space to hang them up. :( I really need to re-arrange the posters I already have to find space.

[quote name='maximumzero']This thread just took a turn for the uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

Just?

Strell was the second post in this thread...

[quote name='FallMoon']Oh? Do you have a Vegas Stakes box in your room, and invite a lady over?[/QUOTE]

Gambling can "straighten" you out?

Hmm, this implication must certainly give the 700 Club folks fits of conscience.

[quote name='maximumzero']Alrighty, here's the two large Zelda posters framed.
zeldao.jpg

And here's the two Zelda poster's with the Metroid poster.
zelda2.jpg

BONUS!: Here's the Mario hat hanging up on my wall with the other memorabilia.
mariohat.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those posters look great.

I personally think that the Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime Trilogy poster outshine the Phantom Hourglass poster- but it is an awesome collection!

I think you convinced me to frame them. I might just frame the Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime Trilogy posters (and put the Phantom Hourglass poster behind the Twilight Princess poster for safekeeping)!

Got the posters today. Surprised I got them this quick because when i order them they were "backordered"

BTW where did u guys get the Metroid poster from??

[quote name='cheapbastard']From a specific store???[/QUOTE]

GameStop definitely had it (that is where I got mine). Amazon might have as well??

[quote name='flameofdoom666']GameStop definitely had it (that is where I got mine). Amazon might have as well??[/QUOTE]

Amazon also shipped it, but it came folded up.

I got 3 frames, but one of the blasted things broke immediately when I unwrapped it. The other 2 worked fine, but I'll have to wait to put my MPT poster in a frame as it was a little too big for the frame (I couldn't get the clamps down), but I could say that for the other 2 as well. But they had a much easier time of getting in. So I'll have to wait on a slightly bigger frame and one for my Link timeline poster.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']GameStop definitely had it (that is where I got mine). Amazon might have as well??[/QUOTE]

GS/EB in Canada didn't get any. $50+ on eBay. :roll:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I know it says only 50 points but I believe points are harder to obtain in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Not that much harder. This would be, like, one Wii game worth of points.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I know it says only 50 points but I believe points are harder to obtain in Japan.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the game, not the cost.

50 points is worth more than 50 coins. I think it would work out to be around 75 coins. I would buy a WiiWare game instantly for that price. I think the idea of buying games and getting exclusive games for free is amazing. So far I have the Game & Watch collection and Doc Lewis's Punch Out!!

I knew I wanted both Doc Lewis's Punch Out!! and the Mario Hat. I selected Doc Lewis's Punch Out!! because I thought it would be rarer (due to less people getting it), and worth more. I decided way back when that I would buy the Mario hat off of eBay. I knew they went for 25$ (average), but I found an auction that barely had traffic (due to its odd title). I bid 11.50- and set maximum bid to $25.00 (so it would automatically bid in 1.00 incriments up to that point)- which was the highest ammount that I wanted to pay total (shipping was free). I ended up winning the hat at 12.50 with free shipping, half off! I am super excited to receive my hat this week! I just need the calandar and I'm set! In preperation for next year, I already have two Club Nintendo accounts that are boht platinum!

Just thought I would share my story- incase anyone was thinking about purchasing the item that they did not get themself.

Yes, Japan gets less points per game, but their rewards are also much cheaper and platinum levels set much lower.

Intent to buy for Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is up for anyone interested.

Thanks.

In the textbox they give for feedback, I always request that Disaster: Day of Crisis come to America. I suggest everyone do the same. It's supposed to be good, it shouldn't not get released just because Reggie didn't like it.

Post-play surveys are retarded. The first box has you rate your satisfaction with the game from 1-10, then the second question asks you to rate your satisfaction with a "very satisfied to extremely dissatisfied" scale.

Thanks for the heads up on Spirit Tracks! I did the survey on both of my accounts.

Also, I still have my $30 console code (amazon) that I'd like to trade for a Doc Louis' Punch Out code, if anyone is interested. FYI, the console code expires at the end of the year.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Post-play surveys are retarded. The first box has you rate your satisfaction with the game from 1-10, then the second question asks you to rate your satisfaction with a "very satisfied to extremely dissatisfied" scale.[/QUOTE]
The first question is so they can calibrate the second. If you put a 7 and very satisfied you're easily satisfied or whatever.

[quote name='Nohbdy']ESRB ratings ruin those posters.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck are there ESRB ratings on these posters? For fuck's sake.

I hope Club N gets something more... "real".

The hat was great, but cards don't excite me, and I could puke at DS fodder. Posters are nice though but it's just something to buy more stuff, frames to finish it off. Plus, where to put them. Gah.

I'd like to get the posters before they are gone, but I'm hoping for something insanely epic later.

With a bunch of titles already pre-ordered and post plays ranked up, i should have over 1600 soon.

Well I know one thing... going to get something before my coins expire.

Just got an email from (Club) Nintendo with the following:
Thank you for registering your copy of Metroid™ Prime: Trilogy at Club Nintendo. Be sure to return to provide feedback on your experience playing Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and earn exclusive rewards only available at Club Nintendo.
The thing is, I haven't even bought the game yet, much less registered it (I did submit an intent to buy, though). Anybody else gotten similar misdirected mails?

[quote name='basketb']Just got an email from (Club) Nintendo with the following:
The thing is, I haven't even bought the game yet, much less registered it (I did submit an intent to buy, though). Anybody else gotten similar misdirected mails?[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me - I submitted an intent to buy, but have not bought the game yet. I got the same email.

:rofl:

And here I thought maybe I opened my copy and registered it without remembering that I did that. Now, I did actually buy it (Fred Meyer ad matched at Best Buy minus a RZ game coupon = about $20 for the game). But I haven't touched it since then. I'm not sure it is worth opening just to register but maybe I should. Not that I've ever found anything to spend my points on. Posters would be useless as there is absolutely no where in my house they would be appropriate ;).

I just got my Zelda posters, boy did they ship quick! I ordered them on the 10th and got them on the 12th. Now all I need are some frames to put them in. Anyone know where I can get a pair of cheap quality frames? So far this is the best I found--

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10404212

--they're decently priced for the pair and looks like they may have some quality to them. If anyone knows of anything better please post, I might go out later today and get them.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I just got my Zelda posters, boy did they ship quick! I ordered them on the 10th and got them on the 12th. Now all I need are some frames to put them in. Anyone know where I can get a pair of cheap quality frames? So far this is the best I found--

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10404212

--they're decently priced for the pair and looks like they may have some quality to them. If anyone knows of anything better please post, I might go out later today and get them.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you have a Michaels in your area- but in my area (NY, Queens)... frames are always on sale.

I also got the Metroid Prime Trilogy e-mail! Do you think when the e-mail says "and earn exclusive rewards" - they are hinting at a metroid bonus being added... or just what they have now? I would LOVE some more Zelda and Metroid items. I have my fair share of Mario items already- haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back