Clubbing is closing its doors after 5 years may 31st is the last day

wow its closing maybe microsoft shouldnt of flagged everyone this would still be popular im going for hulu just figured it out enough time to order hulu and a zune wether i get um is another story i will try though club live you were good to us for 3 of the 5 years

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Landru']how long does it take to get the Hulu Sub if I order it?[/QUOTE]

It just showed up a few days ago, so it's hard to tell.

My last order took about a month to get shipping notification, though.

Damn, I joined this in hopes of getting a 360 controller, since they were apparently popular rewards in the past not too long ago. But it looks like I'll never have the chance to pick one up from here. Or really anything for that matter.

Not sure when I joined, maybe a couple years ago, but I accumulated only about 6640 points. I was going to get Gears of War since my bro sold my copy long time ago but I didn't want a bunch of left over points, so I got two books for 3300 each the wifey wanted to finish her collection. Goodbye ClubBing. Hopefully Bing Rewards gets more rewards or something now.

Hmm...it says that CB will still process and ship prizes even though they're closing, so I'm gonna see if I can get a few things before everything ends.

And wow. I got four games and a controller in return for years of playing at CB. Maybe I should have tried harder or something, but oh well.

Sad to see this program close. I've gotten a lot of free stuff from them over the years, but went on hiatus since the flaggings. Still got 20k tickets available, may start up one last run for one of the bigger ticket items. Hope they are still available until then.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Well, guess the idea of artificially inflating their search numbers is over.[/QUOTE]

Wrong!

Bing Rewards is still there, circle gets a square

Everyone's probably already given up or forgotten about it, but anyone know if the daily limit is still 500 or if they've lifted it to give people a chance at the bigger prizes?

The biggest flaw with this is how excruciatingly boring it is and it takes forever to get enough points to get anything decent. I won't miss it.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Everyone's probably already given up or forgotten about it, but anyone know if the daily limit is still 500 or if they've lifted it to give people a chance at the bigger prizes?[/QUOTE]

It's still 500, but there's no real point in trying now. Most of the prizes are gone. There's a sub to Slacker Radio, a personalized Astrology thing, a few Big Fish Games games, Zoo Tycoon, a Bliss kit, some 360 games, the Steve Jobs book, and nine of the higher ticket prizes left.

I had 17k tickets and was saving up to get prizes, but then a year later it's gone. Did not know they can reset your tickets to ZERO after a year. Ugh. Oh well I got a 360 and a camera years ago.

[quote name='TKtheknight']I had 17k tickets and was saving up to get prizes, but then a year later it's gone. Did not know they can reset your tickets to ZERO after a year. Ugh. Oh well I got a 360 and a camera years ago.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, banked 20k for when a good top-tier prize came up... nothing came up... then one day my account was zeroed out. Was none-too-pleased

Just a heads up for those that started cashing in when this was announced.

I just got the wired mouse today from UPS with no notification it was coming. I happened to be outside doing yardwork and the UPS guy bagged it up to drop it off. Just noticed now it wasn't signature required either. So you may want to keep an eye out by your doors (especially if you have ones you don't use.)

Nothing else I ordered from that time has shown up yet, though. Namely, the 3-month Hulu or a copy of the Hangover.

[quote name='pyoobez']Just a heads up for those that started cashing in when this was announced.

I just got the wired mouse today from UPS with no notification it was coming. I happened to be outside doing yardwork and the UPS guy bagged it up to drop it off. Just noticed now it wasn't signature required either. So you may want to keep an eye out by your doors (especially if you have ones you don't use.)

Nothing else I ordered from that time has shown up yet, though. Namely, the 3-month Hulu or a copy of the Hangover.[/QUOTE]

im also waiting on Hulu, going on a month + 1 week past order date

[quote name='Tony Stark']im also waiting on Hulu, going on a month + 1 week past order date[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been over a month and a half for the Hulu Plus.

Just got the copy of The Hangover today, again no signature required or notification. Both that and the mouse were ordered after the Hulu Plus, so I'm guessing it's delayed.

[quote name='pyoobez']Yeah, it's been over a month and a half for the Hulu Plus.

Just got the copy of The Hangover today, again no signature required or notification. Both that and the mouse were ordered after the Hulu Plus, so I'm guessing it's delayed.[/QUOTE]

good sign, as the Hulu Plus was the only thing I ordered

just going to sell it anyway lol

[quote name='pyoobez']Yeah, it's been over a month and a half for the Hulu Plus.

Just got the copy of The Hangover today, again no signature required or notification. Both that and the mouse were ordered after the Hulu Plus, so I'm guessing it's delayed.[/QUOTE]

When did you order your prizes?

[quote name='Sharp Katana']When did you order your prizes?[/QUOTE]

The DVD and Mouse were ordered 2/20. Hulu Plus on 2/5.

So I'd figure on about a month turn around for most of the stuff not counting the Hulu Plus.

[quote name='VioletArrows']fuck. Of course. And I already spent my last 7000 points on that ugly laptop case.

Now I don't feel bad this is going away.[/QUOTE]

I just used 4200 on Gears of War the night before they added the points, go figure

I still wear the Michael Korrs watch I got from Clubbing like 2 years ago :) It is simply a shell of what it use to be but...still sad to see it go.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I still wear the Michael Korrs watch I got from Clubbing like 2 years ago :) It is simply a shell of what it use to be but...still sad to see it go.[/QUOTE]

I have seen in other online forums, a picture of a bed...

...on this bed is close to 100x Xbox 360 Controllers and all the Bing leaflets that come shipped with it, someone must have scammed them when it was the big shell

[quote name='Tony Stark']I have seen in other online forums, a picture of a bed...

...on this bed is close to 100x Xbox 360 Controllers and all the Bing leaflets that come shipped with it, someone must have scammed them when it was the big shell[/QUOTE]

There were websites dedicated to it, I never really understood why Bing didn't allow the anagram solver program (bots and other stuff I can understand) as it still got them the searches they desired.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']There were websites dedicated to it, I never really understood why Bing didn't allow the anagram solver program (bots and other stuff I can understand) as it still got them the searches they desired.[/QUOTE]

Thats because they were already immorally inflating their search results to get advertisers

so allowing that would be doubling the immorally behavior they already do

Because they wanted people to actually do enough work to help their standing, but not quite enough that they would have to actually give out prizes. :p

People doing little bits every day for months on end = good.
People getting in with a solver, getting prize and getting out within 3 weeks with a months long hiatus til the next good prize = bad.

I just thought, I couple of us are waiting on prizes from a month + ago

What if we never get them, and Club Bing shuts down, what are we suppose to do?

[quote name='Tony Stark']I just thought, I couple of us are waiting on prizes from a month + ago

What if we never get them, and Club Bing shuts down, what are we suppose to do?[/QUOTE]

If you don't get your prize by close to the end of this month I would suggest contacting bing customer support before they close their door for good.

I had a friend who received a refund because they no longer had the canon printer available. Bing didnt bother contacting him after 12 weeks, so he contacted them about the prize, soon after they refunded him his points and said they had no more in stock -get something else.

While the remainder of the prizes do suck, it's better to get something than find out they're oos and get refunded. There's no telling whether they'll continue to offer support after the program shuts down. This is M$ we're talking about, the same company that sent me a doa zune and wanted me to pay $100 to fix it!

I saw that they have 800MSP as a prize and thought I'd get back into it to order that before they close...yeah, fuck that noise. At this point I'd rather piss into an electrical socket than do this for 10-days straight.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Got my last prize today, the laptop envelope. Ordered March 22.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats a physical item, most of us are waiting for digital items from 2 months ago

I wonder how many copies of Forza, GOW, PGR4, and Zoo Tycoon they have. They've been there forever lol

Still waiting on my last prize, it's taking longer than usual

[quote name='pyoobez']Got Zoo Tycoon 2 yesterday.

Still nothing on the hulu plus front.[/QUOTE]

well thats good, shows that we arent banned (yet), and you def arent, because you got another product

bread's done
Back