Cmoy or portable headphone amplifier deals?

luan87us

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I've recently bought an AKG K242HD headphone. Unfortunately I don't have any device that would drive this headphone to it maximum potential or anything that can use 1/10 of the power this beast has. It is a 52 Ohms headphone with 200mW maximum power input. I know there odd to be audiophile in this forum so I figure I try and ask. Does anyone know anywhere I can get a good deal on a pre-built cmoy or a good affordable headphone amplifier that will be good enough to drive this headphone to at least 100mW @ 52 Ohms? I've been searching around the net and honestly cheapest I've seen is on ebay but I don't know if those are good enough. So audiophiles gimme some opinions

52 Ohms is actually not really necessary for a headphone amp although an amp will improve things. I haven't heard those phones, but are you using them as a portable or for home?

just home and none of the device I have will drive this phone at any listenable output without an amp. it's a 200mW headphone and currently the max I'm getting from it is about 30mW max from my computers.

Go check head-fi.org? I have not been there in a while but I do remember they had a buy/sell section or even people who would build you an amp, etc.

bread's done
Back