CNN Special Black in America

I found it condescending and cliched. PBS's African American Lives series is far superior; But, I am a cracker so take that for what you will.
Most of those drive-by media pieces and large cross-section audience behind-the-host shows seem very dumbed down.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'll be watching tonight if I remember![/quote]
Try to catch it tonight last night was about the Black woman and family tonight is about the Black man. It was really good and interesting.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I found it condescending and cliched. PBS's African American Lives series is far superior; But, I am a cracker so take that for what you will.
Most of those drive-by media pieces and large cross-section audience behind-the-host shows seem very dumbed down.[/quote] Really i thought it was very imformative they showed black families on both sides. The Ones that are struggling and the ones that are doing good. I liked how they showed the different programs they people have started.

I only saw the part where they were talking to the white guy who married the black woman, how some of their family hated them for it and had to stop talking to them, and that's when I had to turn away cause I don't need to be reminded of that right now.

[quote name='lordwow']I didn't watch it, but I bet sood did.[/quote]

Umm no?

I dont watch CNN or any of the big news networks as they are just head line grabbers.

If it was on PBS, TLC, Discovery....hell even history I am all for it.

CNN? I'll not only pass but spit in its direction.

Hate to say it, but Fox News, fake as it is, has more credibility as a news network (news delivery, not news "facts") than CNN these days.

CNN is just these specials to eat up airtime (if I see Christiane Amanpours Korea and/or Muslim specials one more time...) and Larry King on way too fucking much (pretty much every other hour from dawn to dusk) interviewing either distant relatives of people in scandalous situations or aliens and American Idol contestants (same thing). No repeat of the Situation Room for people that, god forbid, have jobs. Anderson Cooper's crap show where it's more about him posing and posturing for the camera (dude, quit your job, you are an heir to billion of dollars, time to retire and spend mom's money, maybe buy some Just For Men...or even the entire company).

Headline News used to be the only escape if you wanted real news but they shaved the news down to about an hour block of 10 minutes on a loop, then got the Three Stooges: Nancy Grace, Glen Beck, and AJ Hammer to prevent the channel from being an escape from the standard CNN. All those shows eating up primetime until the sun comes up and Robin Meade's bubbly ass makes you pray for natural disasters so she has to deliver the news seriously instead of teasing the weather guy or flirting with that greaseball that lets everyone know the airport delays (yeah, we know you two are fucking, cut the crap). One show about a cunt faking sympathy/empathy towards stories either nobody gives a shit about or nobody gives two shits about. One about a Bill O'Reilly type guy who is so batshit crazy people tune in to swear at his assbackwards outlook on everything (not to mention him mentioning 10x per show how he used to be an alcoholic or list off things that "terrify" him...if you haven't guessed the guy is a total Grade A pussy), and a grown-ass man telling the world about the wacky antics of the current crop of Hollywood tarts or where Angelina Jolie goes to buy bagels.

So yeah, CNN can eat shit and die. I'm not normally this pissed about TV, but this is supposed to be an elite national news network. Betty Nguyen is hot though.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Hate to say it, but Fox News, fake as it is, has more credibility as a news network (news delivery, not news "facts") than CNN these days.

CNN is just these specials to eat up airtime (if I see Christiane Amanpours Korea and/or Muslim specials one more time...) and Larry King on way too fucking much (pretty much every other hour from dawn to dusk) interviewing either distant relatives of people in scandalous situations or aliens and American Idol contestants (same thing). No repeat of the Situation Room for people that, god forbid, have jobs. Anderson Cooper's crap show where it's more about him posing and posturing for the camera (dude, quit your job, you are an heir to billion of dollars, time to retire and spend mom's money, maybe buy some Just For Men...or even the entire company).

Headline News used to be the only escape if you wanted real news but they shaved the news down to about an hour block of 10 minutes on a loop, then got the Three Stooges: Nancy Grace, Glen Beck, and AJ Hammer to prevent the channel from being an escape from the standard CNN. All those shows eating up primetime until the sun comes up and Robin Meade's bubbly ass makes you pray for natural disasters so she has to deliver the news seriously instead of teasing the weather guy or flirting with that greaseball that lets everyone know the airport delays (yeah, we know you two are fucking, cut the crap). One show about a cunt faking sympathy/empathy towards stories either nobody gives a shit about or nobody gives two shits about. One about a Bill O'Reilly type guy who is so batshit crazy people tune in to swear at his assbackwards outlook on everything (not to mention him mentioning 10x per show how he used to be an alcoholic or list off things that "terrify" him...if you haven't guessed the guy is a total Grade A pussy), and a grown-ass man telling the world about the wacky antics of the current crop of Hollywood tarts or where Angelina Jolie goes to buy bagels.

So yeah, CNN can eat shit and die. I'm not normally this pissed about TV, but this is supposed to be an elite national news network. Betty Nguyen is hot though.[/quote]

:applause::applause:

Exactly. And people in my field wonder why I keep turning down jobs in news. I dont know how I would keep myself from going insane if I had to go to work for 8 hours a day and listen to some twat go on about how the entire world is wrong but he....because he is on CNN is right.

CNN =TMZ just in business suits.

bread's done
Back