Co-op games

psychobuck

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey all. Looking to see what the best games are for online co-op games for either the 360 or PS3. Like the Rainbow Six games etc. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Portal 2 is an awesome co-op game

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Dead Space 3

Assault Heroes

Left 4 Dead 1/2

Skate 2 or 1 (Don't remember which one had online)

Only on Xbox 360

Only on Playstation 3

Available on both

Shooter:

Halo 3 is free to people with Gold on Xbox Live until the end of October.  It has 2 player split-screen campaign (it actually can do 3-4 people splitscreen campaign through a glitch), and 3-4 player campaign cooperative via Xbox Live.  The game one of the best examples of Cooperative gameplay because of how large many of the levels are, allowing options to players.  

Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Combat Evolved: Anniversary and 4 have excellent full game cooperative campaigns (2 player split screen for all, and 3-4 via online for all except Anniversary).  Halo: Reach has a poor matchmaking option for campaign that people tend to quit out of and not play well in, so you'd want friends to play with.

Gears of War and Gears of War 2 have full game, 2 player campaigns (via split screen or online, with matchmaking).  Gears of War 3 and Judgment have full game, 4 player campaigns (2 player splitscreen, 4 player online, with matchmaking).  Matchmaking in campaign allows you to search for Acts to play, and allows people to drop in and drop out with no real issue (as long as they are not player 1 - the host).  

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (GRAW) and GRAW 2 have side campaigns that are able to have 2-16 player cooperative experiences (2-4 players via split screen, or Xbox Live matchmaking).  Usually the games lag out when you have more than 10 people, but it allows you to play with a lot of friends.  GRAW 2 has more maps with advanced objectives, as well as DLC maps that add more missions.

Perfect Dark Zero has a full 2 player campaign (via split screen or online).  

Perfect Dark (XBLA) has a full 2 player campaign.

Call of Duty: World at War allows the campaign to be played with 2 players in split screen, and up to 4 players online.  

Killzone 3 has a full 2 player split screen only campaign.  

Splinter Cell: Conviction offers a separate campaign for split screen or online play.

Resistance 3 has a full split screen campaign.

Real Time Strategy:

Halo Wars offers full campaign via online.

Action / Adventure:

Dead Rising 2 (which was recently free for Xbox Live Gold members) has a full 2 player campaign via online.

Dead Rising: Case West has a full 2 player campaign via online.

These are games I've played, so I expect there to be others.  I tried to contain it to action games that allow aggressive and tactical play, but there are many other cooperative games that aren't just action types to play for both systems.

I've spent over 400 hours playing Mass Effect 3 co-op multiplayer. And I'm usually a single player type of guy.

What a waste of time

left 4 dead is my number 1 co-op game

surprised nobody mentioned army of two.. that was its big hook

the last dead space had co-op too if i recall (?)

Saints row 2.

Best open world co op game. You can do anything and be anyone

Thanks for your insight and meaningful contribution to the thread!

np.

Gears of war, Left 4 dead, castle crashers, battle block theater. If I remember correctly R6V had good co-op and it was free with gold.

bread's done
Back