Coaster of Duty - Does Every Online CoD Have an Expiration Date Due to Hackers?

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I've played 4 Call of Duty games to date (one on multiple platforms). What I would like to know is at what point these games become hacker fests.

I popped in Modern Warfare 2 on PS3 the other night and reached a hacked game within 3 rounds. My screen started to fill with green and yellow text that literally said "hack x" "hack y."

Modern Warfare 3 seems fine. I haven't noticed anything outright.

Do the online portions of all these games become overrun with hackers eventually? If so when do Infinity Ward or Treyarch stop moderating their respective titles?

I know Modern Warfare 1 + 2 and World at War were almost instantly over run with hackers after a year. What surprises me is that it has not really happened in Black Ops 1 or Modern Warfare 3 yet. The most I have seen in those two were a couple XP lobbies in Modern Warfare 3 and some fun private match mods.

As for moderation, Black Ops 1 was basically the first one that was looked after at all, and for every single CoD I have noticed that after the game's year, they give up on moderation. Even if they tried to fix Modern Warfare 1 + 2 and World at War, there is too much to fix and the only thing they could do to solve it would be to shut the servers down.

Too bad since 3 seems like a lesser MW 2 and Black Ops online feels older than Call of Duty 4. We'll see how Ghosts turns out. Black Ops 2 doesn't look good to me.

bread's done
Back