CoD: Black Ops Escalation Codes for Xbox 360 and a "Call of the Dead" poster too!

ShadowPraxis

CAG Veteran
Hey guys,

Crush! Frag! Destroy! is giving away two Xbox 360 codes for the Black Ops Escalation DLC pack. One of those lucky winners is also going to receive a promotional, movie-style poster for the expansion pack's "Call of the Dead" mode, featuring the likenesses of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Danny Trejo, Michael Rooker, and Robert Englund.

We're picking winners early on Monday, May 30th so you'll have your code to keep you busy blasting holes in zombies while the burgers are grilling for your Memorial Day celebration. But that doesn't leave you with much time, so get a move on!

Full contest details are here.

Entered, but they say no contest whoring Twitter accounts. My account isn't necessarily just for contest whoring, but I don't really use Twitter much, so that's what it ends up being used for a lot. Hope they don't disqualify it just cause I think Twitter's kinda dumb. lol

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Entered, but they say no contest whoring Twitter accounts. My account isn't necessarily just for contest whoring, but I don't really use Twitter much, so that's what it ends up being used for a lot. Hope they don't disqualify it just cause I think Twitter's kinda dumb. lol[/QUOTE]

Kaiju,

There are reasons we instituted that rule.

1) Nothing can stop someone from signing up for multiple Twitter accounts to try and raise their odds of winning. This prevents that.

2) The entire point of having people RT a tweet is to spread awareness of it so that more people know about the contest. If you don't have any followers (or if they're all spambots/other websites--i.e. not real people that you talk to) it totally removes the "social" aspect of social media like Twitter. It's the equivalent of standing in an empty room, shouting. Nobody's there to hear it.

We totally understand if you don't like Twitter or what have you. We're not begrudging you on that point whatsoever. There are also plenty of sites running giveaways that have no such restrictions and are perfectly happy to give codes away to whomever they draw. However, we don't always get access to tons of free swag to give away, so when we do, we'd prefer it to go to someone who we're pretty sure isn't just a sockpuppet account.

We're not going to delude ourselves into thinking that every person who likes our FB page or follows our Twitter feed will stick around in the long run--I'd be willing to say upwards of 95% of them won't. But at the very least, it gets our name out there a bit more and we may pick up a couple of dedicated followers in the process. It's a slow way to grow a community, sure, but I'd rather go for slow and steady than a huge flash of people all at once, all of whom couldn't care less about us, unless we're handing them goodies.

I don't mean to seem like I'm singling you out here (not my intention at all) but I'm sure you weren't the only one thinking it, so I'd rather at least voice it publicly so people know why we make the rules we do. If we get as big as IGN or Joystiq or 1UP and can give away ten, fifteen, twenty codes for one contest, then we'd probably be a bit more lax, but when you're a lesser-known outfit, you have to do what you can to make sure your prizes get into the hands of people who MAY actually give a crap.

Besides, there's still the Facebook route, if you don't like Twitter. A bit harder to set up a contest whoring account there ;)

Thanks for letting me rant a bit.

- R.

Just got a message on twitter saying to check my facebook because there might be a surprise there. I don't have any messages on my facebook. Is this going out to everyone or did I win but didn't get the message yet.

[quote name='Aerc']Just got a message on twitter saying to check my facebook because there might be a surprise there. I don't have any messages on my facebook. Is this going out to everyone or did I win but didn't get the message yet.[/QUOTE]

i haven't gotten any msgs on either service.

the site does say they've sent the notifications to the winners, so maybe u got it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Aerc']Just got a message on twitter saying to check my facebook because there might be a surprise there. I don't have any messages on my facebook. Is this going out to everyone or did I win but didn't get the message yet.[/QUOTE]

I won as well! I actually had the same problem, Facebook is being dumb with its messages, it showed up in the "other" section of messages, if you haven't found it yet it might be there (although I'm sure you have since it was a while ago). It took me a bit.

Thank you to Crush! Frag! Destroy! :D

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I won as well! I actually had the same problem, Facebook is being dumb with its messages, it showed up in the "other" section of messages, if you haven't found it yet it might be there (although I'm sure you have since it was a while ago). It took me a bit.

Thank you to Crush! Frag! Destroy! :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it at first but then I had it resent to me and then it showed up and it was under other. Which was weird. I didn't even get a email saying I have a facebook message.

Thanks again for the map pack.

bread's done
Back