Cod: Black Ops PC $36

I'm pretty sure, it is a steamworks game, I'm not at home yet, if someone can confirm/deny, same sale on direct2drive, code there is marchmadness, same stores actually

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='damage.undone']Confirmed, bought from the IGN PC store and the key does activate in steam like I orginally though. Total was $38.39[/QUOTE]

Black Ops PC requires Steam period.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Slightly tempted, how's the PC port job? Decent optimization? No mouse acceleration etc.?[/QUOTE]

PC port is not very well optimized for the SP. Never even bothered with the MP. Promptly uninstalled once I finished the SP campaign and messed around with zombie mode and the easter eggs.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Slightly tempted, how's the PC port job? Decent optimization? No mouse acceleration etc.?[/QUOTE]

SP Campaign, Zombie mode, and Combat Training (basically MP with bots) ran perfectly at a steady 60 fps. Online MP, on the other hand, was a disaster for me. Couldn't even play a minute without stuttering every three seconds. A lot of other people seem to have this problem, even with good computers. It's really hit-or-miss.

Anyways, they're charging $15 for the new DLC, so if you want to buy that as well...

[quote name='bigant262']Really tempted to get this for my PC. I already have it on 360. I hear that all the issues have been fixed with multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, we've been playing multiplayer for a few days now and the only problem we encountered was slight stuttering for about the first 5-10 seconds of every multiplayer match. Overall for us, the network performance is a LOT better than the console's P2P networking.

I played the MP for about an hour earlier, I like a lot of the options servers have set and it runs great, looks like it'll be getting tons of playtime from me, I bought the DLC as well so my total for everything was around $51, I'm pleased.

Does this game use punkbuster for mp?

Edit: Ok I checked evenbalance and it isn't listed. I have never been able to get punkbuster to work correctly even though I have no problem with installation and the tests.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Does this game use punkbuster for mp?

Edit: Ok I checked evenbalance and it isn't listed. I have never been able to get punkbuster to work correctly even though I have no problem with installation and the tests.[/QUOTE]

It's a Steamworks game so it uses VAC

[quote name='brandonandtiff']It's a Steamworks game so it uses VAC[/QUOTE]

All VAC using titles are Steamworks titles, but not all Steamworks titles use VAC.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']All VAC using titles are Steamworks titles, but not all Steamworks titles use VAC.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but in this case it does use VAC. It's listed on the product page on Steam.

bread's done
Back