COD: Black Ops Special Editions Announced: Prestige & Hardened

xXTwilightXx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
"Due out this November, the special edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops will include a tiny remote control "video surveillance vehicle" inspired by the game's multiplayer.

The remote control vehicle, inspired by the RC-XD found in the game's multiplayer, has a range of about 200 feet and a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both color video and audio (there is a small screen on the remote for the video) . The car will only come with the yet-to-be-officially-priced Prestige Edition of the game, which also comes with all of the extras included with the Hardened Edition.

Included in the Prestige Edition of the game will be all of the components of the Hardened Edition including a custom Black Ops limited edition medal, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit (for either Live or Home), as well as four playable cooperative maps (not in the standard edition.)

Both editions will be coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 when the game ships on Nov. 9. No official price has been announced for either edition, but GameStop lists the Prestige Edition for $150 and the Hardened Edition for $80.

No word on who is manufacturing the vehicle, but since the night vision rig looked an awful lot like it was made by toy maker EyeClops, and toy maker Spy Gear also makes a video camera-sporting truck, I suspect it could be a toy company."

source
http://kotaku.com/5611235/call-of-duty-black-ops-special-edition-includes-video-surveillance-vehicle?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+%28Kotaku%29

Also included:
the Prestige Edition of the game will be all of the components of the Hardened Edition, which are a custom Black Ops limited edition medal w/case, the premium, special-edition SteelBookâ„¢ case, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit, and four extra playable cooperative maps not in the standard edition.

LoL
now for all those CoD fans, you can now play your remote controlled RC car at night w/ your night vision goggles!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be surprised if Amazon keeps the same $20 bonus with these two versions that they currently offer for the "normal" version. For COD:MW2, they offered $20 on the normal version and $10 on Hardened and Prestige.

You know, when I woke up this morning I was hoping a Twilight fan would bring me news of another overpriced Call of Money special edition.

[quote name='Jodou']You know, when I woke up this morning I was hoping a Twilight fan would bring me news of another overpriced Call of Money special edition.[/QUOTE]

Hey, better than no news :) I do appreciate those CE/LE/UE or whatever edition posts, I don't keep track of those and some of them are nice looking, like LBP2 CE.

"as well as four playable cooperative maps (not in the standard edition.)"

that sucks since i most likely wont pay an extra $20 for a collector's edition.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']"as well as four playable cooperative maps (not in the standard edition.)"

that sucks since i most likely wont pay an extra $20 for a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]
Lol yeah, since when was part of the game considered a collector's item? Terrible.

Also, MSRP is not a deal, especially on COD games.

[quote name='Jodou']You know, when I woke up this morning I was hoping a Twilight fan would bring me news of another overpriced Call of Money special edition.[/QUOTE]

LoL no im not a fan of the :twoguns: Twilight series nor do i have any interest (no offense to those who are). The user name originated from back when D2 came out and kinda stuck with me throughout the years.

The remote control vehicle, inspired by the RC-XD found in the game's multiplayer, has a range of about 200 feet and a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both color video and audio (there is a small screen on the remote for the video) .

What a coincidence!

XD is the face Bobby Kotick will make when this game sells ten bazillion copies.

I knew it was gonna happen:

Someone is gonna post special edition of an anticipated game.

Someone is gonna say "not a deal"

Someone is gonna say "it'll come down to price"

All within 10 posts.

So an ugly steelbook, an avatar outfit, an RC car, and making co-op levels exclusive to the Special Edition? Treyarch is failing before the game even comes out, lol.

I don't mind CEs at MSRP being posted in the deals thread, but it's at least gotta be available for purchase/preorder, IMO this should be moved until then.

[quote name='eastshore4']I don't mind CEs at MSRP being posted in the deals thread, but it's at least gotta be available for purchase/preorder, IMO this should be moved until then.[/QUOTE]

you can preorder it from amazon RIGHT NOW !! but dont waste your money ;)

At least the MW2 hardened came with Call of Duty Classic, which was a $15 value. It's like they're not even trying to provide good monetary value in these collector editions anymore.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']It's like they're not even trying to provide good monetary value in these collector editions anymore.[/QUOTE]

Unsurprising. The series is on its way to budget title hell since the original developers were fired by the big boys at Activision, so they're milking it for all it's worth while they still can.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']At least the MW2 hardened came with Call of Duty Classic, which was a $15 value. It's like they're not even trying to provide good monetary value in these collector editions anymore.[/QUOTE]

also had an artbook, which I thought was kinda nice (beats avatar clothes I guess).

...one thing I can say for this game, is it actually looks good, I had no interest in it, until I downloaded the multiplayer trailer on XBL... Black Ops looks like what MW2 could've been. I'll probably skip at first though and wait for a sale cus I was disappointed in MW2 and am getting sick of CoD in general, but Black Ops does look pretty impressive

[quote name='lolwut?']So an ugly steelbook, an avatar outfit, an RC car, and making co-op levels exclusive to the Special Edition? Treyarch is failing before the game even comes out, lol.[/QUOTE]

This is no different than the crap offered last year. And actually having a reason to get the Special Edition(s) (Co-Op levels) is actually a step in the right direction. I bet the co op levels are more entertaining than a free download of the original Call of Duty.

[quote name='FArgus']This is no different than the crap offered last year. And actually having a reason to get the Special Edition(s) (Co-Op levels) is actually a step in the right direction. I bet the co op levels are more entertaining than a free download of the original Call of Duty.[/QUOTE]

probably true....the CoD Classic was just god awful

Im gona stick with the Hardened edition this time around.

My Prestige version of Warfare 2 is just collecting dust, never put the night vision goggles to use. :)

Hi, my name is Clueless Sucker. I buy each new Call of Duty game because the minor changes it has from its immediate predecessor are very compelling to me. NEW KILLSTREAKS AND PERKS!1!1!!1

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Skirt + Camera Surveillance RC Vehicle = Awesomeness! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Girl's locker room, here I come!

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be surprised if Amazon keeps the same $20 bonus with these two versions that they currently offer for the "normal" version. For COD:MW2, they offered $20 on the normal version and $10 on Hardened and Prestige.[/QUOTE]
Hrmm... If they do keep that, I may actually pre order from them instead of GameStop. But there's something fun about picking it up at the midnight, and going home on my birthday with it, rather than waiting for it to show up in the mail.

[quote name='knotfan123']probably true....the CoD Classic was just god awful[/QUOTE]
That was part of why I got the Prestige last year. The original CoD is one of my favorite PC games.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']also had an artbook, which I thought was kinda nice (beats avatar clothes I guess).

...one thing I can say for this game, is it actually looks good, I had no interest in it, until I downloaded the multiplayer trailer on XBL... Black Ops looks like what MW2 could've been. I'll probably skip at first though and wait for a sale cus I was disappointed in MW2 and am getting sick of CoD in general, but Black Ops does look pretty impressive[/QUOTE]
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-call-of/702709

It doesn't look bad until I saw 0:35...did he just knife a dude from a mile away?!

hahaha, RC Car w/camera is sweet. Though night vision goggles probably gets more use. Fun. I can't wait to see the influx of RC spy videos on youtube.

They need to change the name from "PRESTIGE" Edition to "VOYEUR" edition. I'm guessing next year we'll get a shovel, duct tape, and handcuffs with the Prestige Edition.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']RC Car does seem cooler than some stupid helmet[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. I couldn't handle paying full price for this but if I could find it around 100 at launch I'd consider it.

The MW2 Prestige edition seems to be holding at 100 a solid year after release. I remember there were a few isolated clearances but not much else.

Hate it or not I could see this one being more difficult to find simply because I think the RC car is a more compelling extra.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Who cares?[/QUOTE]

You. Which explains why you opened this thread and posted in it.

[quote name='lolwut?']So an ugly steelbook, an avatar outfit, an RC car, and making co-op levels exclusive to the Special Edition? Treyarch is failing before the game even comes out, lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so nobody's buying it for the actual game?

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Hi, my name is Clueless Sucker. I buy each new Call of Duty game because the minor changes it has from its immediate predecessor are very compelling to me. NEW KILLSTREAKS AND PERKS!1!1!!1[/QUOTE]

All right, when did this forum turn into douche central?

Who the fuck does Treyarch think they are? Before they overprice and give us shitty collector edition that makes no relevant sense, they have to be on the same level infinity ward was on

[quote name='Guerrilla']So which jumped the shark? MW2 Prestige or this?[/QUOTE]
Obviously MW 2 for allowing crappy overexpensive LEs to be made.

Actually Halo 3 Legendary now that I think about it. Regardless I laugh at anyone who buys this, I already do at those who pay MSRP for a regular game.

You guys all sound like you're mad about something that shouldnt effect you.

A couple things:

If you dont like the game you dont have to buy it, let alone the collector editions.

From what I have seen the game looks fun, and thats coming from a guy who really isnt a huge shooter fan.

Its starting to seem like hating Activision and Call of Duty is the new cool kid club entrance requirement.

The prestige looks neat, hell an RC car with a camera sounds like fun.

Okay Im done.

Enjoy the game, most of you will probably buy it anyway.

I'm getting this game but not sure if I should drop the xtra $ on that Hardened edition. I can't afford another $150 Prestige edition...

[quote name='petersa1d']Who the fuck does Treyarch think they are? Before they overprice and give us shitty collector edition that makes no relevant sense, they have to be on the same level infinity ward was on[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you don't have to buy this, right?

bread's done
Back