COD: Ghosts, Madden, FIFA, BF4 (PS4 and Xbox One) Dead Rising 3 - $49.99 at Best Buy ($39.99 with GCU)

I ordered a Day One Edition Dead Rising 3 and Day One Edition Forza 5(I wish this was on sale too) Friday which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Do I just take in Dead Rising 3 and tell them I want to pm it with the GCU 20% off? I should get around $8+ back. How did you explain it to them? They'll probably look at me stupid since a lot of them don't even know about GCU.

People who got Battlefield 4 from here (or elsewhere) recently, did you manage to get the limited edition version of the game? The version that includes the "China Rising" expansion, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who got Battlefield 4 from here (or elsewhere) recently, did you manage to get the limited edition version of the game? The version that includes the "China Rising" expansion, I mean.
Online it showed Battlefield 4 limited as "not available for store pickup" for me but I checked anyway and my store had it. They had to manually take the 20% off, I ended up getting it for 47.99, will try and call customer service for a credit.

I ordered a Day One Edition Dead Rising 3 and Day One Edition Forza 5(I wish this was on sale too) Friday which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Do I just take in Dead Rising 3 and tell them I want to pm it with the GCU 20% off? I should get around $8+ back. How did you explain it to them? They'll probably look at me stupid since a lot of them don't even know about GCU.
I'll just end up walking over to customer service and ask to speak with a manager. I've dealt with Best Buy long enough to know their average employee is going to have no idea what Gamers Club is, and I'm guessing its going to take an override to PM anyway.

I just grabbed Battlefield 4 for the Xbox One since I can pick up the 360 version at Gamestop or Amazon for $25 on Friday and then trade them in for a $40 gift card.  Basically, I'm paying $40 now, but will be getting a $40 gift card for $25 in a few days.  (And possibly a $10 coupon as well... never know.)  

Well I Pre ordered madden, battlefield , and dead rising to get the 3 for 25 and should get 10 certificates for madden and battlefield on top . Then I bought dr3 day one edition again because it wasn't available when I made the first purchase . I have gcu as well so this should be a fun call trying to pm 4 games from 2 orders .

I just grabbed Battlefield 4 for the Xbox One since I can pick up the 360 version at Gamestop or Amazon for $25 on Friday and then trade them in for a $40 gift card. Basically, I'm paying $40 now, but will be getting a $40 gift card for $25 in a few days. (And possibly a $10 coupon as well... never know.)
That's genius.

I am doing this as well. Battlefield 4 on Xbox One for $25, can't resist.

I think the best thing to do to try with the b2g1 is to order 3 games for in-store pick up at that price and return/re-buy with the coupon--no?

BF4, Ghosts and Dead Rising for $120 after GCU discount applied. Essentially came out to B2G1 FREE.

That's all I wanted, thanks OP.

is anyone having issues with the GCU discount?  I ordered COD Ghosts and got the discount, but (off topic) I tried getting Mario 3D World and it shows up as $47.99 in my cart, but then when I go to Checkout, it wants me to log in again. When I log in, the discount is gone.  WTF?

edit: nevermind. i got it to work. I clicked "ship item instead" and it reverted back to $47.99. Then I hit "pick up in store" and it kept the discount on there.  Weird.

Ok, No Fanboyism please.  COD or Battlefied 4 for the completely awful first person shooter player who is more single player geared?  If this helps, I know what a load out is, but don't know how to actually set it up.   Thanks guys! 

The Call of Duty series has always been more polished. But I've got to say I've thoroughly enjoyed the Battlefield 4 campaign so far. They've definitely taken notes from the COD series on having that certain level of "awesomeness" happening during the story.

Multiplayer wise Battlefield blows COD out of the water. COD has been the same old linear crap for ages.

Ok, No Fanboyism please. COD or Battlefied 4 for the completely awful first person shooter player who is more single player geared? If this helps, I know what a load out is, but don't know how to actually set it up. Thanks guys!
COD for sure. SP story is always superior to BF.

Ok, No Fanboyism please. COD or Battlefied 4 for the completely awful first person shooter player who is more single player geared? If this helps, I know what a load out is, but don't know how to actually set it up. Thanks guys!
COD for sure. BF4 is the better overall game though.

COD for sure. SP story is always superior to BF.
See, now I've felt like there hasn't been a reason to play SP on a COD game since COD 4. It's like watching an 8 hour Michael Bay film...

Disapointed this won't work online for the $39.99 GCU discount price... can't use my still valid pre-order to get the $10 certificate with it at that price then. Blerg.

Anyone know whether or not you can PM a price from Wal-mart at BB and still get the GCU discount?

Since Wal-mart has NFS on sale, I would love to PM that and get the GCU discount...

So I called and explained I wanted to price match I paid 48 $ with gcu per game and I should get 8$ back per game + tax . First guy hung up , but the second guy put me on hold and gave me 10$ per game no issues . So if I get my 20$ cert for pre ordering madden and bf 4 and my 25 $ cert for buying 3 I will have essentially paid 78$ for 3 next gen new releases which would beat the target b2g1 + 30% deal which is fanfriggintastic .

In my experience, Call of Duty's single-player campaigns have been total trash since MW2. That is, Black Ops 1, MW3, Black Ops 2, and now Ghosts, all have crappy story modes with inane storylines and repetitive, scripted gameplay. The quality of the series has been going downhill since MW2 in 2009.

I haven't played Battlefield 4, but from what I've seen, there seems to be some good character development and performances. The levels seem big and open. And there's the ability to choose your weapon and customize your loadout, so that's a pretty cool added feature for flexibility and replayability's sake. Also, the graphics are much, much better in Battlefield 4, so I would assume that BF4 is a more immersive experience just because the sounds and sights of war are so realistic.J

Just my two cents. I really liked the Call of Duty campaigns from COD4 and MW2 many years ago, but they have seriously declined in quality in later installments (probably because the original Infinity Ward team left and formed Respawn Entertainment).

Eh, the correct answer is not to get either of them if you want a single player experience. Neither campaign justifies the cost of the full game. Both have excellent multiplayer features that should keep you coming back for a long time. Call of Duty's multiplayer is more fast paced and friendly for beginners (hence why millions and millions of people who aren't really hardcore gamers buy it). I would highly recommend trying multiplayer out on one of them since it becomes loads of fun as you improve.

You will have a hard time getting a non-fanboyish answer about these series' (hence the guy above me who says that Battlefield has the better single player campaign despite not having played either of them). I play and enjoy both of them and would say that both are worthy titles if you are willing to leave your comfort zone and check out the online.

Anyone know whether or not you can PM a price from Wal-mart at BB and still get the GCU discount?

Since Wal-mart has NFS on sale, I would love to PM that and get the GCU discount...
CAG'ers would put Best Buy out of business if they allowed that lol.

Although, I am kind of surprised that Best Buy didn't include more games with this. Sucks Forza and NBA 2k14 aren't apart of this.

From someone who is a pretty bad FPS player as well, I have enjoyed Ghosts so far.
I have also discovered the whole Bots thing, where you can get the multiplayer exprience while player against computer controlled players. Pretty cool for someone like me who would stay far away from multiplayer.

Went into the store last night with all my receipts to do my PM for all the XB1 & PS4 games.  The CS got so confused & even did KillZone & Knack for $39.99.  I feel dirty. 

Also when doing PM @ BB its call "Price Correction" not Price Match. (That is what my receipt said after it's all done)  Assuming PM means to Price Match with other stores. But since we're PMing at BB it's PC.

This works in store with your GCU. Scanned at the register for 39.99 after she scanned my reward zone card.

Been 45 mins on the phone and still nothing. "Since you paid with a gift card and I can't just refund it back to that, I'm going to transfer you to a dept. that can help you"

oh my

I've always enjoyed the COD series better for single player and BF for multi-player. $40 current TIV on each before the 10% GCU trade-in bonus = little risk.

Damn... With Walmart having FIFA for $25 as well, that could be traded in for $40 to cover the cost of FIFA on the Xbox One.  Damnit.  Trying to resist....

Walmart has FIFA 14 for $50 what are you talking about $25?????????

No luck for me on them price matching my online order (only reason I even ordered online is because the store was having issues with the preorder cards). They offered to do a return/rebuy but no thanks to losing out on preorder bonuses.

Oh well, at least got the PS4 game I sold PM'ed. Should be fun talking to Mike in India here in a few to get the other 2 games.

Been 45 mins on the phone and still nothing. "Since you paid with a gift card and I can't just refund it back to that, I'm going to transfer you to a dept. that can help you"

oh my
Tough break. I was on hold for about 20 minutes. The girl that helped me took less than 5 minutes to PM my 2 games.

Thanks for the heads up on this one OP. Ended up saving me $26

I'm weak.  I used some of the credit from my Xbox 360 trade-ins last week and picked up FIFA.  When I get it from either Amazon or Walmart, that will just replace the credit when I trade it in.  

bread's done
Back