COD:MW2 preorder gift card NOW $20 @ walmart.com

I never did one of these on walmart.com I assume that when they mean e-gitft card somehting is emailed to you & not a physical card.

Wow, I hope you are the guy from slickdeals....

His title:
Walmart Modern Warfare 2 $20 Gift Card NOW!

Your title:

His first line:
I hope amazon.com will match soon

Your line:
hopefully amazon will match soon

At least give him some credit man.

i think i'm gonna bite on this one, EVEN if amazon price matches because this GC can be used for ANYTHING, whereas amazon is only game credit.

Hmm... I was hoping to wait for an in-store ad so I could pricematch at Best Buy, but I do frequent Wal-Mart almost daily... Decisions decisions.

[quote name='staticz']Wow, I hope you are the guy from slickdeals....

His title:

Your title:

His first line:

Your line:

At least give him some credit man.[/QUOTE]

Those hacks steal deals from here all the time without giving credit. I might have to move my preorder at GS to another game and pick this up.

Thanks for finding this deal and sharing it with us.

[quote name='xfade']anyone know if the gift cards come to you right away? before/after release?[/QUOTE]

If you click on the pre-order button, it asks for the name of the recipent of the gift card, then asks for an email address. Then is states....

We will email your ecard within the next few hours.

So appearently it comes the day you pre-order.

i hope amazon price matches this.

will best buy really price match this?
how would i go aobut doing that?
ive got some gift cards and such i can use

[quote name='chimpian']i hope amazon price matches this.

will best buy really price match this?
how would i go aobut doing that?
ive got some gift cards and such i can use[/QUOTE]

Best Buy won't pricematch it from the website (extremely YMMV if you get them to) but if there was the same deal in the Wal-Mart ad the week COD comes out then they'll just knock $20 off the price. I've only ever gotten them to pricematch a website once and it was circuit city for some computer memory.

[quote name='staticz']Wow, I hope you are the guy from slickdeals....

His title:

Your title:

His first line:

Your line:

At least give him some credit man.[/QUOTE]

Why?

This would be the first ever release day/week title I would buy from Wal-Mart, does sound very interesting...let the deals begin!

However, nothing pwns like the first week of last December when BB put CoD:WaW on sale for $39.99 a mere 3 weeks after its release...but CoD:MW2 cannot wait that long!

These sales for the game only are slick, but I want the hardened edition so I can get my Call of Duty XBL redeemable code!!!!

[quote name='Nikadimas']Best Buy won't pricematch it from the website (extremely YMMV if you get them to) but if there was the same deal in the Wal-Mart ad the week COD comes out then they'll just knock $20 off the price. I've only ever gotten them to pricematch a website once and it was circuit city for some computer memory.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will price match Walmart.com, its in their computers. Problem is you have to wait till release day to get it, So if its still up on release day then you can price match.

[quote name='token2k6']This would be the first ever release day/week title I would buy from Wal-Mart, does sound very interesting...let the deals begin!

However, nothing pwns like the first week of last December when BB put CoD:WaW on sale for $39.99 a mere 3 weeks after its release...but CoD:MW2 cannot wait that long!

These sales for the game only are slick, but I want the hardened edition so I can get my Call of Duty XBL redeemable code!!!![/QUOTE]

I didn't notice they did that last year, but I remember the week after Xmas in '07 they dropped the price of CoD MW for $39.99. I smell a trend...

[quote name='hx214']If you click on the pre-order button, it asks for the name of the recipent of the gift card, then asks for an email address. Then is states....

So appearently it comes the day you pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I'm sold with Walmart, then. I need 2 copies of MW2 on release day at the cheapest possible price. I could theoretically order one, get the GC, use it to order another @ another address. Get THAT giftcard and use it for household necessities, BAM!!!

with amazon, i'd be stuck with $30-40 off my next game purchase paying fullprice for 2 copies.

[quote name='caliblue15']Best Buy will price match Walmart.com, its in their computers. Problem is you have to wait till release day to get it, So if its still up on release day then you can price match.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'm not so sure. I've never been able to get them to match department store web prices, plus it's against their policy.

From Best Buy's website:

Best Buy Retail Store Price Match Guarantee
spacer.gif

If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. Simply bring in the ad of the local retail competitor or Best Buy, while the lower price is in effect and receive your price match.
The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors':

• Offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors and mail-in offers
  • Items that are limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, Outlet Center, refurbished/used items and items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving
Best Buy Puerto Rico Stores have their own store price guarantee. Also see our BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee Policy.

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the online only offers of our local retail competitors. If you find a local retail competitor honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the local retail competitors store. For purchases made at BestBuy.com, please see our BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee Policy.

So according to that, Wal-Mart would have to be offering you an eGift Card instore as well. I don't think I've ever seen them do that.

Great, they decide to start the price war on the game that is stupidly priced the same on 360 and PC. So getting it down to $40 doesn't help since my price point for PC is about $30-$35 at most.

Look at the shipping estimates for Walmart. Earliest I see is 11 16 09 with 1 day shipping. Ship to store is 11 23 09. So as long as you don't mind waiting 2 weeks after release to get the game this is a ok deal.

i hope toys r us offers this same offer too.. I have 20 g.c. i need to spend from the Halo 3 ODST I got for my kid. I also am hoping they carry GTA Ballad of Gay Tony.

Order your online copy, get your $20... then on release, be there at midnight and buy it, start playing, and when the new one comes in 2 weeks later, take it back with the in-store receipt and get your money back.

Wow $20 gift card for the Hardened Edition as well. I see Amazon raised their Hardened VG credit to $15. I like where this incentive war is headed...

[quote name='THHG']Wow $20 gift card for the Hardened Edition as well. I see Amazon raised their Hardened VG credit to $15. I like where this incentive war is headed...[/QUOTE]

Walmart vs Amazon started to get hardcore last week. Things should be pretty damn interesting the next couple months with these two throwing blows at each other. The consumer wins when two heavyweights go after each other like this.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...8.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Im betting the book pricing is only the start,

[quote name='hx214']If you click on the pre-order button, it asks for the name of the recipent of the gift card, then asks for an email address. Then is states....

So appearently it comes the day you pre-order.[/QUOTE]
Let us know if you get it immediately; I wouldn't mind a free $20 GC. ;)

[quote name='Nikadimas']I didn't notice they did that last year, but I remember the week after Xmas in '07 they dropped the price of CoD MW for $39.99. I smell a trend...[/QUOTE]

Oh I remember it well! In the midst of L4D me and my friends were fence sitting on this title. I said, lets pass b/c there aren't really any MP achievements or exploits to work toward (which is what we have fun doing) and just work on L4D. When I saw the flier for COD at $40, I grabbed it that Sunday. They were pissed at me and haven't bought the game yet! Even I have only played it once...

Holy shit do I love competition! This is why I kinda still wish HD-DVDs were still around.

If you have a few extra bucks, you could always buy one at Walmart B&M at launch and order this and return it on the MSRP receipt when it arrives.

[quote name='xdl']If you have a few extra bucks, you could always buy one at Walmart B&M at launch and order this and return it on the MSRP receipt when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Bam...I was ganna type this but you beat me to it! I intend on doing this with the Hardened edition :p

Still waiting on ordering. This is crazy how the two are going back and forth with the giftcards lol.

[quote name='b1n4ry']xbox is still 15$[/QUOTE]
That's just the picture. They must've never changed the GC picture. If you read the sales description and title, both say $20.

Don't forget that Amazon has the pre-order price guarantee, so if their price drops on release date (which it is likely to do), then you'll get credited the difference. The same happened with ODST, which meant people got a $9 credit. I'm pretty sure Walmart doesn't do that.

Amazon doesn't have to pricematch this. You're basically getting a $20 gift card that can only be used online because you're getting the game a week or two later than everyone else.

I'm not holding my breath for Amazon to match this. I think Amazon ceded the issue to Walmart after the $15 credit and they're not going to keep the battle going.

If you don't have a Wal-Mart next to you (like me), then they charge ~$2.50 for shipping while Amazon doesn't. Plus most people get no tax from Amazon (I do, though :whistle2:x ) so Amazon is still the better deal, IMO.

[quote name='mxpowar']If you don't have a Wal-Mart next to you (like me), then they charge ~$2.50 for shipping while Amazon doesn't. Plus most people get no tax from Amazon (I do, though :whistle2:x ) so Amazon is still the better deal, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I thought everyone had a Wal-Mart around them these days. Seems like they are everywhere.

[quote name='tdonohu']I thought everyone had a Wal-Mart around them these days. Seems like they are everywhere.[/QUOTE]

not in NYC, BK, Queens, Bronx or Staten.
closest is on Long Island or in NJ

[quote name='tdonohu']Amazon just upped their deal to $20 as well.[/QUOTE]

Just gonna say...

When will it end! :) Awesome.

Now the promo video game credit amount went up to $20.00 for Hardened Editions at Amazon too.

bread's done
Back