COD:MW2 Prestige Edition w/$10 credit back @ Amazon - get your ECA code and go

Just a heads up for those who had a 50% off code that expired on 8/31: it will NOT come back if you cancel. I just tried and the discount was not immediately available. I'm going to contact CS via e-mail (since I'm such a smarty and saved my e-mail with the original code) and see if they won't do a 'one time blah blah blah'. It's no biggie if they can't, since the only reason I would even consider buying this ridiculous package is because of the half off.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, I had the same experience. October 1 seemed to be the cutoff date. I posted about it in the Amazon thread.[/QUOTE]
It's all good; I'll just cancel my order if they can't help me out. :)

Oh, it also appears this is still eligible for the $10 credit since the promotion applied -0.00 shows up in the checkout. They don't list it on the site, but my guess is they just don't have it set up since it will probably sell out quickly.

I actually called amazon about the 50% off code I used on the hardened edition (I have no use for a crappy toy for $35). They gave me a 1 time exception (blah blah yeah yeah) promotional credit of $40. I then used 3x ECA stacks and the credit and got the hardened edition for $16.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I actually called amazon about the 50% off code I used on the hardened edition (I have no use for a crappy toy for $35). They gave me a 1 time exception (blah blah yeah yeah) promotional credit of $40. I then used 3x ECA stacks and the credit and got the hardened edition for $16.[/QUOTE]
Well done:applause:

[quote name='Jodou']Just a heads up for those who had a 50% off code that expired on 8/31: it will NOT come back if you cancel. I just tried and the discount was not immediately available. I'm going to contact CS via e-mail (since I'm such a smarty and saved my e-mail with the original code) and see if they won't do a 'one time blah blah blah'. It's no biggie if they can't, since the only reason I would even consider buying this ridiculous package is because of the half off.[/QUOTE]

A little off topic but from some of your previous posts it seems you're a pc guy. Why would you even "slum" with the 360 version. The PC gamer in me cries.

Fyi-I'm getting the PC version and have nothing against the 360 version in fact if most of my friends had that version I probably would get it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I actually called amazon about the 50% off code I used on the hardened edition (I have no use for a crappy toy for $35). They gave me a 1 time exception (blah blah yeah yeah) promotional credit of $40. I then used 3x ECA stacks and the credit and got the hardened edition for $16.[/QUOTE]
Ha, nice. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since I clearly explained the issue and they've been known to help people out in the past.

Now that I think about it, you could have got the prestige edition for only $15 more. You should have taken them for every cent dammit!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Commander0Zero']A little off topic but from some of your previous posts it seems you're a pc guy. Why would you even "slum" with the 360 version. The PC gamer in me cries.

Fyi-I'm getting the PC version and have nothing against the 360 version in fact if most of my friends had that version I probably would get it.[/QUOTE]
You don't understand. I'm just snagging the goggles for free thanks to the coupon, then selling the hardened edition. I don't even like COD lol.

Wow, well done!

[quote name='Numero5ive']wow fill me in on this 50 percent off stuff. wa did i miss?[/QUOTE]
You're three months late and a dollar short.

yep, if you haven't noticed, they're back on GS.com FOR NOW, so I would assume this to mean that they're available in-store. They must have decided to do another run of these after they saw the inital preorders, IMHO.

Go burn that credit!!!!

[quote name='sgaldis']yep, if you haven't noticed, they're back on GS.com FOR NOW, so I would assume this to mean that they're available in-store. They must have decided to do another run of these after they saw the inital preorders, IMHO.

Go burn that credit!!!![/QUOTE]

The guy from infinity ward insisted that there would only be one run and that it's a truly limited edition.... although we've been lied to before.

[quote name='confoosious']thanks OP. I ordered one.

Everyone is already bagging on the goggles and they haven't even seen it yet.

fuck it, i'm rich bitch![/QUOTE]

That's because based on the high resolution pictures which have been posted, these are clearly low end "night vision" goggles identical to the ones that are sold on sites including Amazon for $50. Given that they have no impact on gameplay and are basically just something to collect dust, I can fully understand why people might be critical.

[quote name='confoosious']thanks OP. I ordered one.

Everyone is already bagging on the goggles and they haven't even seen it yet.

fuck it, i'm rich bitch![/QUOTE]

I remember reading about them and while they aren't Toys R Us crappy, they aren't very good and are more of a novelty item than function at all. For $35 less I rather have less junk to take up space.

[quote name='confoosious']The guy from infinity ward insisted that there would only be one run and that it's a truly limited edition.... although we've been lied to before.[/QUOTE]

As the developer, Infiniti Ward has very little control over how the game is packaged and distributed. In fact, most publishing contracts give the publisher basically free reign as far as print run and different packaging, etc...I'm sure Activision took the opportunity to cash in after the first run sold out. Technically the guy from IW didn't really lie since it's unlikely that the prestige run has even been done yet given the game is still five weeks from release.

[quote name='bojay1997']As the developer, Infiniti Ward has very little control over how the game is packaged and distributed. In fact, most publishing contracts give the publisher basically free reign as far as print run and different packaging, etc...I'm sure Activision took the opportunity to cash in after the first run sold out. Technically the guy from IW didn't really lie since it's unlikely that the prestige run has even been done yet given the game is still five weeks from release.[/QUOTE]

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1010966p1.html

Maybe this Bowling guy is from Activision. I dont know. I also don't care since I'm not in the biz.

"We've already been asked by retailers to up the production numbers due to demand, which we immediately denied," Bowling said.

"We decided from the beginning that we want this to be for the hardcore fans and early adopters. The fact that it is actually limited is one of the coolest parts, which is why we've individually numbered every copy."

As for the quality of the goggles, it's basically a $80 add on... I don't expect to be able to find terrorists in Iraq with them.

[quote name='confoosious']
As for the quality of the goggles, it's basically a $80 add on... I don't expect to be able to find terrorists in Iraq with them.[/QUOTE]

For real. I'd think you would be lucky to see your car parked across the street. If you want night vision get a $40 pair off eBay.

[quote name='Crono51']Has this edition (or the Hardened edition) been showing up in anybody's Gold Box?[/QUOTE]
No. They have all appeared in my recommendations since Amazon put them up on the website, but they never made it into my Gold Picks.

I put in an preorder for the hardened edition. I can't really justify the extra $$ for a bulky, low-end NVG that's going to take up more space, even with stackable ECA discounts.

[quote name='shadylane']what coupons are out there for 50 percent off?[/QUOTE]It was a coupon a few months back from a trade in promotion

If I understand it correctly the codes they have now are all in the same batch and do not stack, but if you write down some of these codes then after they switch to the next batch of codes you can still use the old code and a new code on top of it. This seems to make sense to me and I have started saving some of these codes to take advantage of this in the future, but what I don't understand is how to tell when the "batch" has changed and you can start trying to stack successfully. If any can fill me in on the details of this I would be appreciate it.

[quote name='JuanoTejano']If I understand it correctly the codes they have now are all in the same batch and do not stack, but if you write down some of these codes then after they switch to the next batch of codes you can still use the old code and a new code on top of it. This seems to make sense to me and I have started saving some of these codes to take advantage of this in the future, but what I don't understand is how to tell when the "batch" has changed and you can start trying to stack successfully. If any can fill me in on the details of this I would be appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well. Someone please let us know!

Quick question for those in the know: if I preorder 2 copies of MW2, will I get $20 in credit or just $10?

Thanx guys

[quote name='GundamS']Quick question for those in the know: if I preorder 2 copies of MW2, will I get $20 in credit or just $10?

Thanx guys[/QUOTE]
The system won't let you order 2. I have a preorder I placed in June and was trying to place a new order. The "slight problem" with my order was that the PE is only supposed to be one per household.

Anyone have any idea if I were to cancel the first order would I be able to order another?

[quote name='Vader582']The system won't let you order 2. I have a preorder I placed in June and was trying to place a new order. The "slight problem" with my order was that the PE is only supposed to be one per household.

Anyone have any idea if I were to cancel the first order would I be able to order another?[/QUOTE]

How about 2 hardened editions? because I want to buy one for me and one for my brother and still get the credit if possible.

Thanx again

[quote name='GundamS']How about 2 hardened editions? because I want to buy one for me and one for my brother and still get the credit if possible.

Thanx again[/QUOTE]
If the system lets you order 2, you should get 2 $10 credits. I think people who bought more than one ODSTs received multiple future VG credits.

[quote name='Vader582']If the system lets you order 2, you should get 2 $10 credits. I think people who bought more than one ODSTs received multiple future VG credits.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, just what I wanted to hear...............and ordered :applause:

Why are you guys who ordered some already canceling and re ordering? Right in the fine print it says that any pre exsisting orders will have the promotion applied

[quote name='GundamS']How about 2 hardened editions? because I want to buy one for me and one for my brother and still get the credit if possible.

Thanx again[/QUOTE]

Says one per a household. Now whether that holds true or not, you won't know till it ships. I was going to do the same with Uncharted to get one for a friend.

Thanks for this. Just canceled my order then re-ordered. This is what showed up:
Items: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $119.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $119.99

Looks like I got my "old" code and the new one too. Still got release date and the $10 credit. Suweet!

[quote name='strikeratt']Why are you guys who ordered some already canceling and re ordering? Right in the fine print it says that any pre exsisting orders will have the promotion applied[/QUOTE]

I canceled and reordered mine to save an additional $16.

Item(s) Subtotal: $79.99
Promotion Applied: -$40.00
Promotion Applied: -$8.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $15.99
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $15.99
-----
Grand Total: $0.00

when ordering, im not getting the $10 gift credit prompt when selecting the ps3 version. is there any particular reason only the 360 version has it?

gone...btw is this edition eligible for the 10$ gift card? cause every other edition has it and it kinda doesnt seem fair to people who get this ridiculusly expensive edition!

[quote name='djblaze805']Thanks for this. Just canceled my order then re-ordered. This is what showed up:
Items: $149.99
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $119.99

Order Total: $119.99

Looks like I got my "old" code and the new one too. Still got release date and the $10 credit. Suweet![/QUOTE]

dude how did u get the other %10 off?! i tried canceling and reordering but it didnt work... do i need like old ECA codes?

bread's done
Back