COD:MW2 Strategy Guides???

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Contemplating buying the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Strategy Guide
by Brady Games and wanted to know what the difference was between
the Limited Edition vs Regular Edition.

From what I can tell the Limited Edition has a different cover(that's a hardcover),
it has 320 pages vs 256 pages, & it has a laminated tactical
map pack.

I guess I'm wondering what the additional 64 pages contain? Anybody know?
I sent an email to BradyGames for clarification and will update if they respond.

If you got any input, let me know.

Does a game like MW2 really need a strat guide? If the single player is too hard just turn down the difficulty level. It's a linear game, its not like your gonna get lost and not know what to do next.

The only way to get good at online is to play alot.

If you just like collecting guides then get the bigger. hardcover one.

[quote name='Kaijufan']People still buy strategy guides? ;)[/QUOTE]

It appears only me lol..........;)

[quote name='Puffa469']Does a game like MW2 really need a strat guide? If the single player is too hard just turn down the difficulty level. It's a linear game, its not like your gonna get lost and not know what to do next.

The only way to get good at online is to play alot.

If you just like collecting guides then get the bigger. hardcover one.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the COD4 Strategy Guide and ended up using youtube instead, to figure out certain veteran levels.
I'm still glad I bought it though cause it does have some useful information.

I'm thinking of buying the guide more as a novelty than anything.
The Regular Edition Game + Strategy Guide = My Prestige Edition(only cheaper) :D.
But yeah, I'm leaning towards the limited edition.

I'm the last person that should be criticising someone for buying a strategy guide. I'm waiting for my night vision goggles to show up on Nov 10. :D

[quote name='Ronzilla']It appears only me lol..........;)

I actually bought the COD4 Strategy Guide and ended up using youtube instead, to figure out certain veteran levels.
I'm still glad I bought it though cause it does have some useful information.

I'm thinking of buying the guide more as a novelty than anything.
The Regular Edition Game + Strategy Guide = My Prestige Edition(only cheaper) :D.
But yeah, I'm leaning towards the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Strategy guides are only useful for RPGs/Adventure games if you're looking to find every single thing in the game. Don't waste your money on something like this, unless you collect them. Just wait until it's on clearance or gets pennied out if you really want it for your collection.

[quote name='Puffa469']I'm the last person that should be criticising someone for buying a strategy guide. I'm waiting for my night vision goggles to show up on Nov 10. :D[/QUOTE]

It's all good. That edition is too rich for my blood but trust me, if this was the ONLY game I was buying this year, I'd have jumped on this with the ECA discounts.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Strategy guides are only useful for RPGs/Adventure games if you're looking to find every single thing in the game. Don't waste your money on something like this, unless you collect them. Just wait until it's on clearance or gets pennied out if you really want it for your collection.[/QUOTE]

There's definitely some truth to that cause looking at what guides I do have, it's pretty much mostly for my RPG/adventure games.

I'm just getting antsy to play & this strategy guide is coming out a week before the game release(per Amazon) so it would be interesting to see what else is in this game.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

You want to buy a strategy guide...for a genre that doesn't need strategy guides?

Look on youtube for those collectibles, sheesh.

[quote name='KingBroly']You want to buy a strategy guide...for a genre that doesn't need strategy guides?

Look on youtube for those collectibles, sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Read the ENTIRE thread before posting. I know it's "1" page but you can do it.:roll:

Also, if you don't think it deserves a strategy guide, tell BradyGames maybe?;)

I asked the guys at the local Gamestop. They have a page on their computer just taking about strat guides. They mentioned the CE having some comic book preview. Won't know what that means til I see one. Is there a CoD comic book out there or coming soon?

[quote name='Ziv']I asked the guys at the local Gamestop. They have a page on their computer just taking about strat guides. They mentioned the CE having some comic book preview. Won't know what that means til I see one. Is there a CoD comic book out there or coming soon?[/QUOTE]

AHHHHHHH, that makes some sense. Per Robert Bowling(Infinity Wards Comm. Mgr.) on twitter, there's a 6 part comic book mini-series called Modern Warfare 2: Ghost. LINK to wiki.

That's probably what the difference in pages is. Possibly part of or even the whole first issue in the series may be included.
Thanks so much for the helpful post. I'd REP ya if I could. Thanks Ziv!!! :bow::bow:

Hey man, just tryin' to help. Hope Gamestop's info is true. I'm just excited for the game myself. Butbit means I'll have to put down Borderlands for a while.

bread's done
Back