COD WAW MAP PACKS 50% off PSN & XBLM

atrsixaild

CAGiversary!
This is my first thread, and sorry if this is already posted.

Call of Duty: World at War, Map packs 1, 2, 3 are on sale for 4.99 this week on PSN.

[quote name='spideymike']Appears so are the Xbox 360 map packs:
Link[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a lot of people have the map packs on the playstation network? because it seems that when i play everyone vote to skip when those maps show up.

Really tempted to pick these up even though MW2 is right around the corner. Has anyone heard if a special edition of WaW is in the works that would include all these maps?

Since MW2 is right around the corner I think I am only gonna get one or two (cheapassgamer, yeah) which of these are the best, could someone list these in order of quality and what not. Thanks. Ya, I googled and checked forums. But I got too many conflicting opinions. Thanks.

[quote name='pajamahead']Since MW2 is right around the corner I think I am only gonna get one or two (cheapassgamer, yeah) which of these are the best, could someone list these in order of quality and what not. Thanks. Ya, I googled and checked forums. But I got too many conflicting opinions. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

best to worst. 3,2,1 imo

[quote name='Organ Donor']I'm gonna have to hold off on this... with MW2 right around the corner I can't justify the purchase.[/QUOTE]

You're being too much of a cheapass. What if you hate MW2 and you want to go back to WAW?

I got all the map packs today after seeing the post and been playing zombies all day with my roomies, i think you can say I already got my money worth out of this deal!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Are these MUTLIPLAYER ONLY maps?[/QUOTE]
for $5, you get 3 multiplayer maps and 1 nazi zombie map. the multiplayer maps are indeed multiplayer only, local or online. nazi mode can be played single player though.

For what it's worth, those buying for Zombie mode(in order of my preference):

Map Pack 2 - awesome and very challenging, best of the bunch IMO (unfortunately the first few levels are painfully dull) Introduces the Hell Hounds which are great.

Map Pack 3 - Very fun, the addition of the Monkey Bomb is great and the Pack-A-Punch is cool, however this map is pretty easy compared to the other two. Too many choke points where you can just hole-up and last many rounds.

Map Pack 1 - decent, a good introduction to the colas

[quote name='tigerpants']i don't understand why these aren't always priced at $5, seriously, they would sell at least three times as many, which in turn would make a lot more online players have these optional maps, which would probably increase the sales of the games.[/QUOTE]

They sold over 7 million prior to this sale at $10 a pop. $70 million in the bank just for map packs ain't too shabby. I bought them all at $10 and got WAY more than my money's worth out of each of them just for the Zombie map. I've never stepped foot in the standard MP pool. My group of friends enjoy Zombie mode more than L4D.

Between playing through Uncharted 2 and getting caught up on watching shows neglected on my DVR until I beat UC2, I probably would have missed this deal, especially as when I actually did turn on my 360 it wasn't advertised on live like you would think it would be.

Anyway, I've hardly played the zombie levels and haven't even played the mp enough to prestige, but I've wanted these for awhile and I figure that having the zombie maps makes it unique enough that I'll come back to it despite what will assuredly be a serious addiction to MW2.

Thanks OP!

Did the sale end on the 31st? It was listed at ending on Nov. 1st, but they are coming up $9.99 on the playstation store. Will the price change if I add money to my account?

**update** Called Sony, they gave me activision's number and activisions support number is useless with automated responses that don't help. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back