COD WaW night, 1/15/09 7pm pst 10 pm est.

I could try to send all my PSN friends a message who have this game (who are CAGs), so they hopefully remember to play (I tried doing it last week in-game).

[quote name='kube00']neverletthem can host again this week?[/QUOTE]

I should be able to. Once again, same time as last time, and we will play for an hour. I already know most people who want in are already on my list, but I will post for people who want in. If you want it, send me a friend request saying you are from CAG, and I'll get you in.

i should be able to make it this week. i have CPR training from 6-10 ET, but i've heard it usually doesn't last longer than 3 hours.

i'll FR neverletthem sometime tonight if i can remember.

also, unrelated to the CAG night, has anyone ever been playing MP and gotten killed by someone who appears to be running around underground? i'm assuming this is a glitch, and i think it's only happened to me on the Castle level, but it is annoying as all get out. eh, looking on youtube, this seems to be a pretty well known glitch.

There are multiple glitches in the game actually. Castle, Seelow, Makin and Roundhouse all have glitches where you can get under the map and fire at people but they cant see you. If there is someone glitching down there then you just have to remember to avoid that area or if you respawn into it to get out of there fast. I tend to either vote to skip those maps or leave the game if the map is picked until Treyarch releases a fix.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Is the goal to try to simply play against each other only or make a CAG party and play larger games? Or does it matter . . .?[/QUOTE]

If we can get at least six people, including me, we will go play against each other. If not, we play ranked. Unless, of course, we can't find any games (people who were there last week know this happens, besides TDM it's almost impossible to find a game at times), or people want to go play 2V2s, which is fine by me.

can one of you regulars add me to your friends ill definitely be there if i get an invite. I have had problems connecting to parties but we will see

[quote name='neverletthem']Alright, considering only one person has currently showed, I'm gonna cancel the night. Sorry.[/QUOTE]It frustrates me because I see a bunch of people online who have the game, yet none of them cared about showing.:roll:

my CPR class ran the full time, and the roads were a sheet of ice last night, so i didn't get home until about 20-30 minutes after the game was scheduled to start.

i have nothing planned for next thursday, so i will be there for sure. let's try to get a little momentum here, so far we're 1 for 3, right? i can't talk as i haven't played at all, but i did manage to get into a couple games last week after the fact with some CAGers.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It frustrates me because I see a bunch of people online who have the game, yet none of them cared about showing.:roll:[/quote]

There also seem to be a good number of CAGs who were playing but maybe not following this thread.

Too bad. The game is a lot of fun.

I'm on a lot playing co-op with some non-CAG buddies. If you'd like to join us, let me know via CAG or PSN email.

Guys Im going to have to ask someone else to take over the group. with my new job I wont be home until after Thurs most nights.

I might be on, bendeco, but won't know for sure until later. Add me on PSN if you like, and if I'm on we can try to play together.

[quote name='farfus']Im in for the 360 version, almost to lvl 56 now so let me know ok....[/QUOTE]

um, you should probably post this on the 360 forum.

i tried to log on to play last night, but i had to run the system update before it would let me log onto the PSN. that took me just about an hour to download and install, so i don't know if anyone tried to play. once i finally got on (about 45-50 mins after the start time), i didn't see anyone on there. maybe next week.

is there still any interest in playing though? does anyone want to move the day and/or time? i would be available to play most nights anytime after 9, except maybe friday and saturday.

also, sorry johnnypark, i wrote down your PSN userid, but i got on so late, and i was so pissed off about having to wait through that system update, that i just got on and played.

I want to buy the game and participate in the nights, but I feel like this game night should be a little big more organized.

Does anyone else have a heck-of-a-time trying to find a Nazi Zombie match when you're by yourself? It always says there's thousands of servers playing Nazi Zombies... likewise, it only takes me no more than two minutes to find a team for competitive cooperative matches on Hardened that only show 30 servers. :/

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Does anyone else have a heck-of-a-time trying to find a Nazi Zombie match when you're by yourself? It always says there's thousands of servers playing Nazi Zombies... likewise, it only takes me no more than two minutes to find a team for competitive cooperative matches on Hardened that only show 30 servers. :/[/QUOTE]Would you like to play CoD: WaW with other CAGs? We are still looking for a CoD: WaW leader and to get its game nights together, but haven't really been successful yet. Eventually Thursday night will just turn into KZ2 casual nights, but I just wanted to see if you wanted to take this game over and hopefully get some people playing.

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']I want to buy the game and participate in the nights, but I feel like this game night should be a little big more organized.[/quote]

It sounds to me like you are volunteering, no?:)

I got a free copy from Activision I have yet to open. I'll crack it open and give it a play if there is interest on the boards. Been wanting to run through single player to unlock zombie mode. Having some people to play mp with will light the fire!

Opened it up today to play for the first time. Pretty cool. Look forward to playing with some of you guys, hopefully.

I just realized this is the first true FPS I have played in ages (not counting games like Fallout 3 that aren't "true" FPS). I played a few maybe for a minute (d/l Resistance and Killzone 2 demos). But the last FPS I really played extensively was Wolfenstein on regular Xbox. This is certainly my first Call of Duty game as well.

I'm still playing here and there. It sounds like there is some new CAG blood interested in the game. Great! I'll ad you and hope to see you online.

I haven't played much zombie matches yet and would love to try

In an unrelated note, I finally just killed Amstel with the pistol. Holy shit. After like the 30th try (no joke) I started trying to blow up a truck he was running by with the pistol, but after that failed for the 10th time I started randomly firing and picked him off.

Most satisfying trophy EVAR.

Anyway, I'll be on tonight. CAG zombies anyone? Send me a FR. Also, if anyone is interested in gamesharing the new map pack, let's try getting a group of 5 together.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']In an unrelated note, I finally just killed Amstel with the pistol. Holy shit. After like the 30th try (no joke) I started trying to blow up a truck he was running by with the pistol, but after that failed for the 10th time I started randomly firing and picked him off.

Most satisfying trophy EVAR.[/QUOTE]

Dude. I got this trophy last night. I did not fire a single pistol shot.

I was firing on the truck. Usually failing. Sometimes I would accidentally pop the driver and he would run off. I would miss him every time (granted I only did it about 5 or 6 times).

So, I get the bright idea to weaken the truck with sniper rifle first. I shoot the truck 3 times with sniper bullets and switch to pistol. I'm guessing my comrade randomly shot it with his machine gun once when I had just switched to pistol. General dies, I have pistol equipped but NEVER fired, DING - trophy. I was like, wtf. :lol:

Haha, looks like somebody got lucky. Saved a lot of time and frustration for sure :lol:

I'm hopping on now for some SP - Not opposed to some CAG invites! Hope to play with some of you guys tonight. Should be on until like 12 ET then I'm likely to pass out, unless we get some good games going.

Okay, so no interest last night from anyone. Shocker, I know. :lol:

I'd be willing to take the reigns of the CAG nights and even CAG clan if no one else steps up to do it.

Is there a time and day that works out for everyone? Also, what game modes is everyone interested in playing? TDM Ranked? Private? Co-op campaign? Zombies? etc.

I'd like to play whatever. I couldn't do last night (plus I'm trying to get through campaign first and get some trophies, still have to do veteran levels too). Let's see what others say for what a good night may be, and then go from there I guess. I could do almost any time.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I'd like to play whatever. I couldn't do last night (plus I'm trying to get through campaign first and get some trophies, still have to do veteran levels too). Let's see what others say for what a good night may be, and then go from there I guess. I could do almost any time.[/QUOTE]
Heh, I just beat SP on normal last night, and a level of Vet this morning. It's going to be a long 15 missions... lol.

Think a new thread should be made? Also, should we keep 10 ET? That seems to work for everyone - not too late for the east coasters and not too early for the west coasters.

10ET works pretty well for me. I usually get on at 9pm central time. Just be aware that the room making feature with friends is pretty crappy IIRC. REquires a lot of back and forth with people who come in later.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Walk over and press the button you have mapped that throws grenades to pick it up and chuck it.[/QUOTE]

the thing always says use r2 to throw them back but it never works. so should i use the primary grenade button r1 or the secondary one r2? also do you need to be right over the grenade or near it?

If the message pops up then it should automatically pick it up (when you press it). Make a private match in multiplayer and toss a grenade at a wall and walk to it to toss it somewhere to get the hang of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks ill do that theres alot in this game ive got to get used to but so far i like it alot. cant wait to get everything down so i can go online and school some people lol.

bread's done
Back