COD2 - GOTY question

h2dk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Which one comes with the free maps?

I have two unopened versions, both say free bonus dvd.

or

anyone confirm?

You need the actual bonus sleeve that came with CoD2 game of the year edition. If you dont have an extra dvd sleeve then ur screwed as ur gonna get a paper cd sleeve bonus dvd and no free token.

If you call activision they will put u on hold and then say fuck you pay me. If you send them an e-mail they will say ur assed out and then send another email on saying that since you haven't contacted them back, they have now put your question under resolved!

Lets not even mention that none of the CoD2 map packs have seen a price drop and CoD3 is already out with a re release coming this month.

[quote name='Weedy649']You need the actual bonus sleeve that came with CoD2 game of the year edition. If you dont have an extra dvd sleeve then ur screwed as ur gonna get a paper cd sleeve bonus dvd and no free token.

If you call activision they will put u on hold and then say fuck you pay me. If you send them an e-mail they will say ur assed out and then send another email on saying that since you haven't contacted them back, they have now put your question under resolved!

Lets not even mention that none of the CoD2 map packs have seen a price drop and CoD3 is already out with a re release coming this month.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck kind of crack are you on?

My copy is 390. My cover does not state free bonus DVD, it states: 'FREE New Multiplayer MAPS and BONUS DVD See Reverse for Details' This is the red button on the front. The back also states: * New Multiplayer Maps Token: blah, blah, blah. My bonus DVD came in a paper CD sleeve, and the token was on a full length, full-color cardstock insert.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What the fuck kind of crack are you on?[/quote]
LMAO

Sorry OP, can't help, although I'd assume all versions of the game have the free maps so you're probably OK

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What the fuck kind of crack are you on?

My copy is 390. My cover does not state free bonus DVD, it states: 'FREE New Multiplayer MAPS and BONUS DVD See Reverse for Details' This is the red button on the front. The back also states: * New Multiplayer Maps Token: blah, blah, blah. My bonus DVD came in a paper CD sleeve, and the token was on a full length, full-color cardstock insert.[/QUOTE]

the kinda crack the other people who had the same problem as me are on. do a quick search and you'll see alot of us got the same shit from activision

Well, both copies state "FREE Bonus DVD, see reverse for details" on the red button on the front. No mention of maps...I guess I could weigh them and see which is heavier

[quote name='h2dk']crap, both are 4.7 oz[/quote]

You do realize that it is a small sheet of paper. You would need to weigh them on a scale that weighs in grams.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The free map codes were only available for a limited time. Looks like you got neither.[/QUOTE]

which is what makes me mad, because the site has no sort of disclaimer on a limited time only. Under CoD2 GoTY edition, it says that it comes with free map token.

[quote name='Weedy649']which is what makes me mad, because the site has no sort of disclaimer on a limited time only. Under CoD2 GoTY edition, it says that it comes with free map token.[/QUOTE]
Definitely reason to be pissed off.

I was expecting maps too.

They did release a few maps for free over XBL, though, I wonder if those were the same ones as used to be on the GOTY edition?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Definitely reason to be pissed off.

I was expecting maps too.

They did release a few maps for free over XBL, though, I wonder if those were the same ones as used to be on the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

I think the one that is free online is a seperate one. I dunno, I redeemed the codes and got the free one online and haven't played the game yet.

Is it easy to find the GOTY edition? I'm thinking of getting COD2 and want the best bang for my buck.

So the GOTY edition doesent have any bonus maps? Lame...

And to the poster above me, the GOTY edition is currently going to be out of print to make room for the Platinum Hits edition, but it's still rather easy to find. Any game store in America has it.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']LMAO

Sorry OP, can't help, although I'd assume all versions of the game have the free maps so you're probably OK[/QUOTE]

No they do not. Only the one that says free maps on the front has them. My GOTY edition does not. It only has the bonus DVD.

Wow, bummer. It looks like my GOTY ed also doesn't say anything about bouns maps. And I don't have any paper sleave with a code. I guess I'm assed out on this.

But at least I only payed 14 bucks for my copy.

I had call of Duty 2 GOTY Edition with Red Sticker (Free New Multiplayer Maps & Bonus Dvd)

*New Multiplayer Maps Token: Use enclosed XBOX Live
*Marketplace Token to download call of duty 2 Skirmish Map Pack, Which includes 2 multiplayer maps from xbox live.
*XBOX live members can also visit XBOX live marketplace to dowload the call of duty 2 Bonus Pack for free, which includes 2 more multiplayer maps.
*Behind the scenes with developer infinity ward
*Rangers Lead the Way a historical account of the assault on pointe du hoc
*Select mission walkthroughs with developer commentary
*Production art gallery

I wonder i missing anything from call of duty 2 Maps ???

Ah crap, I opened up my copy before reading this thread. I too, only have the free bonus DVD but there is no mention of any new maps. Oh well, for $14 you can't complain and it isn't like I need the online that bad since CoD3, GRAW2, and GoW are out.

Edit - Searched on eBay to find some pics. It looks like the map version had a limited print because many of the factory sealed copies being sold on eBay look like this:

288e_1.JPG

[quote name='Masterkyo']I had call of Duty 2 GOTY Edition with Red Sticker (Free New Multiplayer Maps & Bonus Dvd)

*New Multiplayer Maps Token: Use enclosed XBOX Live
*Marketplace Token to download call of duty 2 Skirmish Map Pack, Which includes 2 multiplayer maps from xbox live.
*XBOX live members can also visit XBOX live marketplace to dowload the call of duty 2 Bonus Pack for free, which includes 2 more multiplayer maps.
*Behind the scenes with developer infinity ward
*Rangers Lead the Way a historical account of the assault on pointe du hoc
*Select mission walkthroughs with developer commentary
*Production art gallery

I wonder i missing anything from call of duty 2 Maps ???[/QUOTE]

Wait...what? What's the question again?

bread's done
Back