CoD4: Modern Warfare

deadite76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2805

Known for its World War II prowess, the Call of Duty series will branch away from its former setting to pursue a more modern gameplay environment. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was officially announced by Activision today and will be developed by Infinity Ward, which also developed the first and second titles in the series.

The fourth Call of Duty will be revealed through a trailer this weekend during ESPN’s coverage of the NFL draft at 1pm EST on Saturday (as hinted at earlier this week). Although Activision has yet to announce any further details about the premise of the game, rumors suggest that gamers can play as the US Marines, Army, and Britain’s Special Air Service throughout Europe and the Middle-East.

Activision has also yet to confirm which platforms the game will appear on: rumors hint at Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 releases. These details will likely be revealed this Saturday, however.

I'm glad Infinaty Ward is back at the helm, and they are FINALLY moving away from WWII. If I remember correctly, Activision likes to show pre-rendered commercials, so I'm not holding my breath for a gameplay reveal on Saturday.

Yeah this was rumored a while ago they would move away from WWII and it's a great move. The series itself was still good but getting stale.

Even though 3 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be I skipped on it, too many good shooters available at the time. Now that IW is back, I'm definately excited, specially with the whole "modern" theme.

I can't wait for the trailer, though I'm not going to watch the NFL draft to see it. I'll wait for it to appear online.
Call of Duty is one of my favorite FPS franchises so I can't wait for this one.

bread's done
Back