CoD4: What maps do you skip?

torifile

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I was playing tonight and the people I was playing with skipped nearly every map that came up. It was frustrating. I like to know what I'm getting more than 10 seconds before the match starts.

The only maps I skip with any regularity are Wet Work and Bloc. What about you?

I can't put all the maps on the poll, so just make do. :p

Shipment..I HATE THIS MAP TO HELL. Other than that every other map is cool, backlot is my favorite. Shipments problems i have is, well lets say if helicopter and airstrike happens, it goes like MGS4's theme: NO PLACE TO HIDE.

I used to skip wetworks and bloc. Now I don't skip any. I really like them all but recently I've gotten worse and worse on downpour.

I don't skip any maps. It took me a while to get used to Wet Work, but now, it's one of my more appreciated maps. On Bloc, I have fun running into the other team's building and taking out the snipers :D. The map I like the least is Overgrown, mainly because I haven't figured out a good route for that map yet.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-08']Shipment..I HATE THIS MAP TO HELL. Other than that every other map is cool, backlot is my favorite. Shipments problems i have is, well lets say if helicopter and airstrike happens, it goes like MGS4's theme: NO PLACE TO HIDE.[/QUOTE]

haha. I love Shipment. best map EVAR!

i think it's the old school Counter-strike in me.

I don't like the one that's referring to the apartment complex. I just wish that the swimming pool part of the level was utilized more.

I never vote to skip any maps but I hate the map that takes place on the ship in the rain, I can't remember the name. Just way to many deaths and easy kills from randomly chucking grenades around the map.

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't like the one that's referring to the apartment complex. I just wish that the swimming pool part of the level was utilized more.[/quote]

The map is Bloc, and I agree. I didn't know you could go into that building until I followed one of my teammates in there and wondered where the heck I was. Scoped it out afterwards, but no one really goes near it, and you can't see enough area to snipe from it, so it doesn't have a practical use. Perhaps you could defend the flag in Domination, but if you actually find staying up there to be worthwhile, your team is probably losing.

[quote name='BillyBob29']I never vote to skip any maps but I hate the map that takes place on the ship in the rain, I can't remember the name. Just way to many deaths and easy kills from randomly chucking grenades around the map.[/quote]

And that's Wet Work, the other map everyone seems to hate. It's a horrible map at first, but once you learn where everyone tends to camp and where they tend to chuck grenades, it's pretty fun taking out all of the campers. As long as your team is watching the other side of the map as well, it works out.

As for shipment, I've only seen that map once on Headquarters. All I remember was that I was trying to get shotgun kills (I wrongly assumed that the small area would compensate for the fact that I can't hit anything with a shotgun), and started out 3/25. I haven't figured out whether I dislike the map yet, based on that (switched guns and ended up going 24/40).

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't like the one that's referring to the apartment complex. I just wish that the swimming pool part of the level was utilized more.[/QUOTE]
That's Bloc.
[quote name='BillyBob29']I never vote to skip any maps but I hate the map that takes place on the ship in the rain, I can't remember the name. Just way to many deaths and easy kills from randomly chucking grenades around the map.[/QUOTE]
That's wet work.

My 2 most skipped maps.

[quote name='Shizim']no skipping here... but i def feel you on no place to hid in "Bog".[/QUOTE]
Why would you want to hide? :lol: I like the area opposite the "A" flag when playing domination to get my health back. Also the corner away from the building is pretty safe if you need a breather.

None.

The way vetoing in COD 4 and Halo 3 is done is really crappy. Not to mention it really irritates me when some fool tells me to veto something.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']None.

The way vetoing in COD 4 and Halo 3 is done is really crappy. Not to mention it really irritates me when some fool tells me to veto something.[/quote]

It's set up perfectly. You need more than 50% of the votes to veto the map.

How could it be any better?

[quote name='Trakan']It's set up perfectly. You need more than 50% of the votes to veto the map.

How could it be any better?[/quote]

Well, for one thing it's pretty silly to veto when you have no idea what the next map will be. It's silly listening to people tell everyone to veto and then 70 percent of the people bitch and moan about the map that comes up after they veto. They should just list two or three maps at random, have each player vote for what they want, and the map that passes cannot be selected again until all maps are cycled through. Ties can be broken via the person with the highest XP.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Well, for one thing it's pretty silly to veto when you have no idea what the next map will be. It's silly listening to people tell everyone to veto and then 70 percent of the people bitch and moan about the map that comes up after they veto. They should just list two or three maps at random, have each player vote for what they want, and the map that passes cannot be selected again until all maps are cycled through. Ties can be broken via the person with the highest XP.[/quote]

There are certain maps that certain teams absolutely dominate. People would just continue to veto until their map showed up and get as much experience as possible. I think random is better.

[quote name='Trakan']There are certain maps that certain teams absolutely dominate. People would just continue to veto until their map showed up and get as much experience as possible. I think random is better.[/quote]

If that's the case then there should be no veto at all because maps will come up randomly anyway, just like in Halo 2.

We'd have pretty much unlimited maps if the devs would make the PC user modded maps available for PS3. I bet that feature would sell some more COD4 on ps3. But I guess it'll never happen.

I hate Bloc. I would probably hate Wet Work, too, if i didn't enjoy running around with my night vision on.

The rest are okay. I'm a lousy sniper so i have a hard time sometimes on Overgrown, but i can still take the bastards out with my M16

Showdown, I hate that map, I usually play hardcore S&D and that map does nothing for S&D gameplay, it's all about who kills first.

I absolutely hate Bloc. I kinda don't like Downpour, but I really don't mind if it doesn't get skipped. I also hated Countdown for a while until I developed a little gameplan. My favorite maps are Pipeline and Vacant. I always do awesome on those two maps.

After my game tonight on Bloc, I've decided if I never play it again, it'll be too soon. Ugh. Awful. I don't snipe so the map sucks.

I'm kinda surprised at the number of people who skip Shipment. I love that map only because it's so crazy. It's the only one I use martyrdom on because you'd have to be stupid not to. I haven't used the grenade launcher, but strategically, it'd make sense to. I like my red dot sight, thankyouverymuch.

[quote name='zewone']How do you not have District on the poll?

It's garbage and not fun on any gametype.

It's ugly as shit too.[/QUOTE]
I could only put 10 options in the poll. Some had to get left out. Sorry.

I don't mind district. The A and B flags are too close together in Domination but other than that, I've got no real gripe with it.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Considering how generally loved Crash is, District could have easily taken its please.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. In retrospect, District should have been up there. Oh well. :)

[quote name='Autumn Star']Vacant and Bloc.

BTW, why the hell isn't vacant up there?![/QUOTE]
Only 10 options allowed on the forum. I think I missed a good 3 or 4. I've forgotten how many maps there actually are.

[quote name='whoknows']Downpour.

I don't know why, but I just hate that map.[/QUOTE]
I've grown to like it the more I've played it. The mounted machine guns suck but I'm getting better at playing it.

I've started to dislike Overgrown more and more, though. On Domination, the flags are unevenly exposed. Usually, A and C are equally exposed, with B being the toughest to get and defend. On Overgrown, A and B are too exposed, so if you start near A, you're stuck with a very difficult flag to defend, while C is clear across the map with many places to defend from.

bread's done
Back