Colin McRae feared dead

Wolve11

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Colin McRae the famed rallycross racer who has several video games in his name is feared dead.

(SOURCE)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=482017&in_page_id=1770

World rally star Colin McRae and his young son were feared dead after his helicopter crashed and exploded near his Scottish home.
The 39-year-old driver was thought to be at the controls of the French-built Squirrel helicopter with his son Johnny, five, as a passenger when it crashed a mile from the family farm in Lanarkshire just after 4pm.
Police confirmed that at least one person had died but said the helicopter was so badly damaged by fire that they were not immediately able to confirm how many people were on board.
The ambulance service said they had not been asked to attend to any casualties and had been asked to stand down soon after the crash.
Sources close to the family said they believed Colin and his son had both died.
McRae, the 1995 world rally champion who became known to millions after lending his name to a top-selling series of computer games, is a qualified pilot and regularly flew the helicopter from his home, Jerviswood Farm, just outside the town of Lanark.
It is believed he was on his way to Glasgow when the helicopter came down.
Mr McRae is married to Alison and is also father to eight-year-old Hollie. It is understood Mrs McRae – his childhood sweetheart and co-driver in the early days of his career – was away horse-riding at the time of the tragedy and only learned of the news when she returned home at 6.30pm.

I read somewhere else that his wife has confirmed he was on the helicopter but no official confirmation of his death has been made.

[quote name='Zen Davis']He'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Your keen writing skills in use?

Just saw it on BBC as well, you beat me to it. Hope he wasn't on board, but he probably was.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Your keen writing skills in use?

Just saw it on BBC as well, you beat me to it. Hope he wasn't on board, but he probably was.[/quote]

Nothing keen about my writing. My cynicism on the other hand...

Damn, that sucks.

How much danger did he need in his life? I mean, his job is/was driving cars at beyond reckless speeds through forests and along cliffs. He has to go fly a helicopter to chill out? Dude, just stay home and drink a beer.

I just read the London times and they are saying that Colin is dead and his son is feared dead. It is the only online source saying it (that Colin Mcrae is in fact dead)as of 556 pm Eastern standard.

Shit...he was one of the great innovators and personalities in all of the racing world. My prayers go out to his family.

As a side note: it's stuff like this why I can't stand helicopters...(coming from a certified private pilot)

[quote name='Sporadic']The lesson is don't fly once you become famous.[/QUOTE]

These fucking people are idiots. It's just natural selection. It's like one of the Wally World kiddies or Kennedy crashing their air toys. I also forgot about that Yankees pitcher. Morons.

If it's confirmed he's dead (or his son / both), then I feel sorry for the wife and rest of his family though because his stupidity caused them a lot of grief.

Oh god. Not to distract from the tragedy of the deaths, but I wonder what Codemasters is going to do? They still brand their rally games as "Colin McRae" in Europe ("DiRT" is known as "Colin McRae DiRT" over there).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Oh god. Not to distract from the tragedy of the deaths, but I wonder what Codemasters is going to do? They still brand their rally games as "Colin McRae" in Europe ("DiRT" is known as "Colin McRae DiRT" over there).[/QUOTE]

I always wondered what the Madden franchise would do once John boy kicked it. Colin McRae isn't as big of a name, so maybe they will just remove it (???).

[quote name='opportunity777']These fucking people are idiots. It's just natural selection. It's like one of the Wally World kiddies or Kennedy crashing their air toys. I also forgot about that Yankees pitcher. Morons.

If it's confirmed he's dead (or his son / both), then I feel sorry for the wife and rest of his family though because his stupidity caused them a lot of grief.[/QUOTE]

It's not as if he wasn't a really good pilot, because from all accounts he was. God forbid people do what they like to do. I suppose all the airline pilots in the world are fucking idiots too, because they do something they like as well. Oh wait, I know, the excuse is that flying wasn't his job? BBC says he was an excellent pilot, so I'm going to assume he had sufficient training.

Let me know when you have sufficient training to get off my ignore list.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's not as if he wasn't a really good pilot, because from all accounts he was. God forbid people do what they like to do. I suppose all the airline pilots in the world are fucking idiots too, because they do something they like as well. Oh wait, I know, the excuse is that flying wasn't his job? BBC says he was an excellent pilot, so I'm going to assume he had sufficient training.

Let me know when you have sufficient training to get off my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

[quote name='opportunity777']These fucking people are idiots. It's just natural selection. It's like one of the Wally World kiddies or Kennedy crashing their air toys. I also forgot about that Yankees pitcher. Morons.

If it's confirmed he's dead (or his son / both), then I feel sorry for the wife and rest of his family though because his stupidity caused them a lot of grief.[/quote]Hey moron...how about you stay off the streets as well if/when you get a driver's license. Having one doesn't mean you're a professional driver and I'm quite certain McRae had more piloting experience than you will ever have driving around town in your shitty car, or more likely, your Schwinn.

I'm guessing in your world, we'd all live in plastic bubbles and be given menial tasks and jobs that we must perform for the rest of our lives never straying from them.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Heh, I knew there was a reason I put CoffeeEdge on my ignore list.[/QUOTE]
WHAT THE fuck DID I DO THIS TIME. :(

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Let me know when you have sufficient training to get off my ignore list.[/quote]
New CAG informal policy suggestion: Anyone mentioning their ignore list, especially to suggest superiority to another individual, is instantly a big gaping pussy-ass bitch.

It's just fucking annoying these days, and I admit, I've done it a few times myself. But it's just stupid now.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Can we play as Colin McRae in zombie form in the next games?[/quote]

Premature much?

Condolences to friends and family. How tragic.

DDFAT or whatever that dude's name was is the reason why the ignore list was invented.. that guy would just crap on anything anyone talked about.. he's the only one i went out to "ignore" though.. i didn't care until he crapped on me for no reason other than to get a rise out of people..

i like seeing everyone' s opinions whether i agree with the grammatical content or the opinion itself.

[quote name='primetime']Premature much?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean how presumptious is it to just assume the last Collin McRae game sold enough to warrant another. Then there's the whole issue that we're not even sure if he is gonna turn zombie. I mean its not like everyone that dies goes to the z-side.

[quote name='urzishra14']DDFAT or whatever that dude's name was is the reason why the ignore list was invented.. that guy would just crap on anything anyone talked about.. he's the only one i went out to "ignore" though.. i didn't care until he crapped on me for no reason other than to get a rise out of people..

i like seeing everyone' s opinions whether i agree with the grammatical content or the opinion itself.[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with ignore lists. My issue is people talking about there's as though it's content is something that anyone else gives half a shit about. No one gives a fuck, people. And no, no one gives a shit about anyone TELLING someone that they're on their ignore list either. People treating who talk about being added to their ignore lists as though it's some sort of dreadful "TAKE THAT" or something are just stupid.

Seriously, I've seen this a hundred times: people see a quoted message from someone they have ignored, and they bust out the "I knew there was a reason I had *** ignored" bitchery. Again, no one gives a fuck about your ignore lists, people. It's not something we need constant news and reminders about. Keep them to yourselves, for fucks sake.

NOW, no more of that subject. This still really sucks, but hey...people can pretend that there's a shard of hope for the next few hours until they "officially" release the info that it was the McRaes who died in the crash.

His poor wife.

I have to say I agree with Coffeeedge on the ignore list thing. Are we not mature enough to at least tolerate everyone's opinion?

[quote name='willardhaven']I have to say I agree with Coffeeedge on the ignore list thing. Are we not mature enough to at least tolerate everyone's opinion?[/quote]Shut the fuck up willard. Congrats on being the initial member to my ignore list. ;)

In case the emoticon didn't give it away, I was just kidding.

I hope this news is false. At the very least, I hope his son is alright. I never would've imagine he'd go in a helicopter crash though.

[quote name='willardhaven']His poor wife.[/QUOTE]

He is also survived by a daughter. :(

[quote name='SteveMcQ']At the very least, I hope his son is alright. I never would've imagine he'd go in a helicopter crash though.[/QUOTE]
McRae's agent said that they both died in the crash...

And yeah, a helicopter crash...never ever would have guessed. Vaguely reminds me, though it's not really exactly comparable, of Steve Irwin. A lifetime of rasslin' snakes and crocodiles, and a stingray does him in. And McRae drove cars in a completely death-defying suicidal fashion for a living for years, and a damned helicopter draws the curtains. What a pity.

I still haven't seen it 100% confirmed, but Wikipedia is monitoring it closely with the assumption that he is dead. This is a pretty big shock.. said that it was him, his kid, Colin's friend from school and another kid.. I really hope he's not dead :(

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's not as if he wasn't a really good pilot, because from all accounts he was. God forbid people do what they like to do. I suppose all the airline pilots in the world are fucking idiots too, because they do something they like as well. Oh wait, I know, the excuse is that flying wasn't his job? BBC says he was an excellent pilot, so I'm going to assume he had sufficient training.

Let me know when you have sufficient training to get off my ignore list.[/quote]
:applause::applause::applause: yes sir awesome come back

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Let me know when you have sufficient training to get off my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Please keep me on your ignore list and never remove me. It's pretty clear that airline pilots have much more experience than random celebrities or people whose main talents are not flying airplanes. Licensed or not, he does not fly planes or helicopters everyday or several times a day. Even professionals will crash from time to time, but the odds are a lot less. Plus, most of these two-man, etc. helicopters and small planes are very dangerous compared to a multi-million dollar jets. It's no wonder that UGA continues to fall down the list of ranked schools because you serve as prime example of why not to go there, and the mediocre / inferior education a person receives there.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']:applause::applause::applause: yes sir awesome come back[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was not. Please add me to your ignore list. I already added you to mine. Thanks.

[quote name='SL4IN']this is really sad. my prayers are with the McRae family.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Hopefully, his family will be financially well off for a long time (if he didn't mismanage his money).

[quote name='opportunity777']Please keep me on your ignore list and never remove me. It's pretty clear that airline pilots have much more experience than random celebrities or people whose main talents are not flying airplanes. Licensed or not, he does not fly planes or helicopters everyday or several times a day. Even professionals will crash from time to time, but the odds are a lot less. Plus, most of these two-man, etc. helicopters and small planes are very dangerous compared to a multi-million dollar jets. It's no wonder that UGA continues to fall down the list of ranked schools because you serve as prime example of why not to go there.

Actually, it was not. Please add me to your ignore list. I already added you to mine. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SL4IN']this is really sad. my prayers are with the McRae family.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Hopefully, his family will be financially well off for a long time (if he didn't mismanage his money).

[quote name='opportunity777']Please keep me on your ignore list and never remove me. It's pretty clear that airline pilots have much more experience than random celebrities or people whose main talents are not flying airplanes. Licensed or not, he does not fly planes or helicopters everyday or several times a day. Even professionals will crash from time to time, but the odds are a lot less. Plus, most of these two-man, etc. helicopters and small planes are very dangerous compared to a multi-million dollar jets. It's no wonder that UGA continues to fall down the list of ranked schools because you serve as prime example of why not to go there, and the mediocre / inferior education a person receives there.

Actually, it was not. Please add me to your ignore list. I already added you to mine. Thanks.

I agree. Hopefully, his family will be financially well off for a long time (if he didn't mismanage his money).[/quote]
Do you want a cookie? Your point was lame and you got beat take it like a man and not like a child.
To stay on topic My prayers go out to his family.

[quote name='opportunity777']Please keep me on your ignore list and never remove me. It's pretty clear that airline pilots have much more experience than random celebrities or people whose main talents are not flying airplanes. Licensed or not, he does not fly planes or helicopters everyday or several times a day. Even professionals will crash from time to time, but the odds are a lot less. Plus, most of these two-man, etc. helicopters and small planes are very dangerous compared to a multi-million dollar jets. It's no wonder that UGA continues to fall down the list of ranked schools because you serve as prime example of why not to go there, and the mediocre / inferior education a person receives there.

I agree. Hopefully, his family will be financially well off for a long time (if he didn't mismanage his money).[/QUOTE]

Do you drive? I hope not, seeing as how your license doesn't mean shit and you don't do it professionally.

Dick.

[quote name='longdillon']Stop the fucking flame war guys. A man just died. fuck all the shit it the thread and take moment of silence for this mans life.
Dillon[/QUOTE]

1. This is the internet, and we have the right to argue.

2. If everything in the thread amounts to "shit" that we should "fuck", there is no reason for you to be in here.

3. It is impossible to take a moment of silence on a medium for typing.

[quote name='Greetard']Do you drive? I hope not, seeing as how your license doesn't mean shit and you don't do it professionally.

Dick.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for quoting that, so I could see the absolutely retarded comment it held.

1. John Travolta
2. Six-seater helicopter
3. I turned UGA down, they are simply my favorite college sports program. But, you're an idiot anyways.

Do us all a favor and just stop posting, because I've not seen you post intelligent comment #1.

bread's done
Back