Collectors Editions 50% off sale price at Best Buy - YMMV

I usually buy my games at Best Buy on 23rd st 6th Ave In NYC.
They have unadvertised 50% off on a few games.

I got Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition for $20.(I seen only one 360 version left and about Ten PS3 versions.)

They also have
COD: World at War CE
Tom Clancy's End War with Head Set
the are also a few crappy DS games.

Saints Row 2 Is amazing and definitely a steal at $20.

[quote name='Massively Effected']whats ymmv?[/QUOTE]

It's an acronym for "Your Mileage May Vary", which makes it a bit easier to remember.

Many of these have been sitting on a table at my Best Buy for about a month now, marked a whopping $10 off the regular price. Not a single copy of any of them has sold.

yeah i can't believe it Saint Row 2 is more fun then GTA4, I laughed twice in the character create screen alone. My only neg is the driving is with A & X buttons not triggers and the cut screens look hideous on my 1080p TV. Both Saints Row 2 and Cod:WaW both got really good reviews it's odd they were not selling. Luckily I waited on SR2 and got it for $20

Like mtxbass1 said they were there a while not selling. From what I seen they just on a table with a red and white sign marked 50% sale price that's it.
The manager of best buy even has to go to cashier and enter a code to get the 50% markdown.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Many of these have been sitting on a table at my Best Buy for about a month now, marked a whopping $10 off the regular price. Not a single copy of any of them has sold.[/QUOTE]

I wish my BB cleared out games... but no such luck. I would love to pick up a cheap Resistance 2 but I haven't seen any. The only CE they have is SFIV and that's still full price.

[quote name='Vinny']I wish my BB cleared out games... but no such luck. I would love to pick up a cheap Resistance 2 but I haven't seen any. The only CE they have is SFIV and that's still full price.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy is probably one of the worst offenders of marking anything down. I've bought maybe 1 item from them on a heavy markdown. They've had SFIV CE's there and the Resistance 2 CE's for $70 for months now with no movement. Same with EndWar, marked at $79.99.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I go to the 23rd st. BB myself. Hopefully they have some SR2 CE's left over if I decide to go out there tomorrow. If not, oh well lol.

[quote name='Massively Effected']I usually buy my games at Best Buy on 23rd st 6th Ave In NYC.
They have unadvertised 50% off on a few games.

I got Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition for $20.(I seen only one 360 version left and about Ten PS3 versions.)

They also have
COD: World at War CE
Tom Clancy's End War with Head Set
the are also a few crappy DS games.

Saints Row 2 Is amazing and definitely a steal at $20.[/QUOTE]

Did it automatically ring down or did it have to be adjusted? I noticed the other day they had End War PS3 w/ Headset advertised for $40, but was still a bit too expensive. I'd totally buy it for $20 though.

I've been holding out for a SR2CE clearance because my BB still has a stack of them. Were they tagged as 50% off or did you have to find out at the register?

No luck at my BB (Athens, GA). They had many of the same box sets on sale but the discount was on 20% instead of 50%.

[quote name='Massively Effected']yeah i can't believe it Saint Row 2 is more fun then GTA4, I laughed twice in the character create screen alone. My only neg is the driving is with A & X buttons not triggers and the cut screens look hideous on my 1080p TV. Both Saints Row 2 and Cod:WaW both got really good reviews it's odd they were not selling. Luckily I waited on SR2 and got it for $20[/QUOTE]

You can change the driving controls in the options menu to use the triggers for accelerate and brake.

The Best Buy on 23rd Had 3 Saints Row2 CE(Xbox360) on the Table. I bought 2 of them. There were plenty of PS3 versions. On the table there was a Sign that says 50% off the $40 sale. When you go to register you tell them what the sign says. The Manager comes over and enters his/her code. You now have to pay $22 after tax for SR2:CE(360/ps3)

UPDATE:
I know most of us are waiting for Modern Warfare 2 but BB also had COD:WaW:CE for 50% off and End War:w/Headset. They also have SOCOM with head set(don't know how much sale is).If anyone cares there is a James Bond game for the DS. As for SR2 there are no more 360 versions only 10 PS3 versions. Good Luck with my fellow NYers getting that sale. I hope everybody else near a BB gets same deal eventually.

[quote name='Massively Effected']The Best Buy on 23rd Had 3 Saints Row2 CE(Xbox360) on the Table. I bought 2 of them. There were plenty of PS3 versions. On the table there was a Sign that says 50% off the $40 sale. When you go to register you tell them what the sign says. The Manager comes over and enters his/her code. You now have to pay $22 after tax for SR2:CE(360/ps3)

UPDATE:
I know most of us are waiting for Modern Warfare 2 but BB also had COD:WaW:CE for 50% off and End War:w/Headset. They also have SOCOM with head set(don't know how much sale is).If anyone cares there is a James Bond game for the DS. As for SR2 there are no more 360 versions only 10 PS3 versions. Good Luck with my fellow NYers getting that sale. I hope everybody else near a BB gets same deal eventually.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks! Do you know what the price was on Endwar - pre 50% off? I'm mainly looking for a ps3 headset and I imagine SOCOM will be going for more regardless. Thanks

[quote name='maskedmuffin12']Has anyone picked up Blazblue CE 50% off?[/QUOTE]

A little early for that -- these are for games that have been out close to a year already.

Mad props OP! Picked up SR2 CE for PS3 :applause:

They have five more left for PS3, none for X-Box 360. The other games you mentioned in your previous posts are still there as well.

Bestbuy in Gainesville, Fl has a 75% sale going on
I picked up saints row 2 ce for $10 for 360
there was one left.
There were 3 copies of hells highway ce ps3 with blue tooth for $22.xx
there were a couple copies of world at war ce 360 for $23.xx

There were a ton of other games at 75% off in a bin between movies and cds. Some that I can think of for between 4-15 were
ps3- blitz2, monster madness, lair, the bigs, nhl08, nba08
360 call of duty3/rambo, blitz2
wii- heavenly guardian

there was a display over in games for buy one get one half off but i barely looked twice at it and most didnt have prices

If any CAG is willing, I'd like to buy a RE5 Collector's Edition (360) if anyone has one.

I was SOL when i went to my BB today, only CE's they had were in the cage and they were:

Halo Wars
Prototype
Balzblue
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway

Anyone would be able to get me the COD:WAW CE?

Please let me know and thanks in advance :)

In return, I can send you a SFIV TE 360/PS3 stick for cheaper than Amazon and others (of course you will pay the difference lol.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']Does anyone know if Halo Wars: Limited Edition is part of the discount?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I saw a HW:LE with the 50% off sticker today.

There sure a lot of you confirming this at stores. For those that it has worked for, did you notice a manual adjustment or did it take off automatically? Can you post any receipts if possible to see exactly what is going on? Any additional info is helpful, before it's just brushed off as another YMMV clearance (which it likely is, but still).

[quote name='comaknight']thanks for the heads up - grabbed SR2CE from chelsea BB today![/QUOTE]

Checked out that store too. SOCOM PS3 was priced at $49.99 and they had tons of Brothers in Arms: HH CE for $29.99

[quote name='Skylander7']There sure a lot of you confirming this at stores. For those that it has worked for, did you notice a manual adjustment or did it take off automatically? Can you post any receipts if possible to see exactly what is going on? Any additional info is helpful, before it's just brushed off as another YMMV clearance (which it likely is, but still).[/QUOTE]

ejykvr.jpg

It's not automatic. I had to tell the cashier that it was 50% off. She rung it up and it kept showin' $40. So she went to the game section real quick for her own confirmation. Then she got the manager over to do an override, to adjust the price to $20.

Saints Row 2 is a fun game to play, but the constant glitches and freezing is not worth it. The multiplayer is bordered so you can't explore the whole city and the aim controls suck. I rather get Mercenaries 2 because that's a quality glitching game.

[quote name='xblaze23']Anybody seen Resident Evil 5 CE with this promotion? That'd be my main target.[/QUOTE]

I saw that also. The 360 version at least.

I picked up Resistance 2 CE for 39.99 today in SE Pennsylvania. There weren't any other notable mark downs on other CE's though and definitely no 50% off across the board. RE5 CE was $59.99, which is a slight mark down.

Please, please, please, stop posting this stuff in new threads. It is super YMMV and that is what the BB YMMV thread is for. It seems like threads like this pop up every couple of days. How could this be news to anyone?

[quote name='enterwhy']I saw that also. The 360 version at least.[/QUOTE]
I bought that and it rang up for $59.99. :)

I got CE Resident Evil 5 for ps3 for 29.99.. it was in the half off bin with some other special editions games. i then preordered Madden 10 with $5 down to get the $10 off any 29.99 or higher game promo.. so i walked out with RE5 and a preorder for $25 plus tax..

then i used my rewards certs, so i payed $6 cash. : )

bread's done
Back