Collectors Editions 50% off sale price at Best Buy - YMMV

I usually buy my games at Best Buy on 23rd st 6th Ave In NYC.
They have unadvertised 50% off on a few games.

I got Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition for $20.(I seen only one 360 version left and about Ten PS3 versions.)

They also have
COD: World at War CE
Tom Clancy's End War with Head Set
the are also a few crappy DS games.

Saints Row 2 Is amazing and definitely a steal at $20.

BB in West Paterson NJ has the "managers special" table %50 off. Scooped up a few CE... Saints Row 2($20) and the Socom Confrontation with Bluetooth headset($30).

:applause::bouncy:

23rd and 6th, NY Best Buy update as of Friday the 17th:

Socom with bluetooth headset for ps3.
Brothers in Arms CE for 360 and ps3.
Saints Row 2 CE only for ps3, 360 sold out.
CoD WaW CE for 360.

There is zero indication of the sale but a sales associate confirmed it when asked. The problem here is he wasn't even sure about the prices.. For example, he had no idea how much Socom Bundle came down to.. so he just assumed $39.99 lol..

I'm personally looking for Resident Evil 5 CE. I can pick up any of the items I mentioned to exchange or I'll pay the cost+tip. :bouncy:

I picked up SR2 at the bb on 23rd st. It was on a table with a sign showing the sale price-but at checkoout it had to be adjusted by a supervisor.

My Best Buy never does this. Only stuff they put on sale are like PS2 titles. Maybe one of these days. But I sure like the fact Saints Row 2 is going lower and lower.

[quote name='Middleman16']I bought that and it rang up for $59.99. :)[/QUOTE]

Really? Well the one I picked up was marked $59.99 and with the %50 off it was about $33 after tax.

[quote name='NovaKane']
ejykvr.jpg

It's not automatic. I had to tell the cashier that it was 50% off. She rung it up and it kept showin' $40. So she went to the game section real quick for her own confirmation. Then she got the manager over to do an override, to adjust the price to $20.[/QUOTE]

Oh my God, you bought Knowing #-o

I've seen this at one of my local Best Buy's, but none of the deals are worthwhile. Resistance 2 was about the only one I was interested in and it rang up for ~$45

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Don't get R2. I wouldn't even spen 20 on it. Maybe 10.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the prices weren't worthwhile. I'd probably buy it at $30 (the CE), beat it, and sell it for $45 or something.

I know it's not that great of a game; I played the first one

FYI the CoD WatW collector's edition is pretty much worthless now. The canteen in there is just for show, doesn't open. Also the double XP weekend advertised on the box was back in December.

Unless it's significantly cheaper than a standard version (although it's a standard game in the CE case) I would avoid at all costs.

[quote name='lolwut?']Oh my God, you bought Knowing #-o

I've seen this at one of my local Best Buy's, but none of the deals are worthwhile. Resistance 2 was about the only one I was interested in and it rang up for ~$45[/QUOTE]

I actually surprised my mother with it since she kept talkin' about how much she wanted the dvd lol.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Saints Row 2 is a fun game to play, but the constant glitches and freezing is not worth it. The multiplayer is bordered so you can't explore the whole city [/QUOTE]

That's BS. I just played through THE ENTIRE GAME in co-op mode and you CAN explore the whole city.

The rest is your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I'll say this: No other co-op game in the history of man has ever given so many things to do for both players at the same time.

Also, I played on the PS3, so I don't know if the 360 was watered down or something...

[quote name='ackbar7']Please, please, please, stop posting this stuff in new threads. It is super YMMV and that is what the BB YMMV thread is for. It seems like threads like this pop up every couple of days. How could this be news to anyone?[/QUOTE]

Easy: The Best Buy YMMV thread could be buried somewhere so about 100,000 people who aren't site regulars haven't seen it before.

What you have to realize is that, buried in the bowels of CAG, there is a thread that probably covers EVERYTHING.

The problem is, said thread is three years old, has 6,000 posts, and hasn't been bumped since April 2008.

And sooner or later somebody's going to make a thread called "A Video Game is on Sale!" and then somebody like you is going to jump up with the link and say "Hey! There's already a thread talking about video games for sale! Please stop making threads talking about sales on video games!"

You remember that one scene in The Big Lebowski where the dude's foot was over the line...?

[quote name='rainless']Easy: The Best Buy YMMV thread could be buried somewhere so about 100,000 people who aren't site regulars haven't seen it before.

What you have to realize is that, buried in the bowels of CAG, there is a thread that probably covers EVERYTHING.

The problem is, said thread is three years old, has 6,000 posts, and hasn't been bumped since April 2008.

And sooner or later somebody's going to make a thread called "A Video Game is on Sale!" and then somebody like you is going to jump up with the link and say "Hey! There's already a thread talking about video games for sale! Please stop making threads talking about sales on video games!"

You remember that one scene in The Big Lebowski where the dude's foot was over the line...?[/QUOTE]

omg quote for best truth ever. thank you.

(btw, it was jesus's foot that was over the line, if we're talking about the same scene)

[quote name='postulio']omg quote for best truth ever. thank you.

(btw, it was jesus's foot that was over the line, if we're talking about the same scene)[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was Smokey's foot. Mark it zero, Dude.

Saints Row 2 is pretty fun. I found it at Target on clearance and I used it as a flip to Amazon for the 50% promo. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I ended up playing it for almost 20 hours before I had to send it out, leaving HAWX untouched. I would have been more sad about giving it up, but it also froze about 10 times on me on the 360 over those 20 hours (it's a new disc, no scratches, none of my other 360 games freezes like this).

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the CoD WatW collector's edition is pretty much worthless now. The canteen in there is just for show, doesn't open. Also the double XP weekend advertised on the box was back in December.

Unless it's significantly cheaper than a standard version (although it's a standard game in the CE case) I would avoid at all costs.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the CE edition at Sam's on clearance for $19.xx. Figured it was worth it because even the regular edition of COD WAW still costs more than that in stores.

bread's done
Back