Collectors: This Job's For You

onapartyrock

CAGiversary!
http://games.ign.com/articles/693/693567p1.html

Collectors: This Job's For You
You could get paid for that closet filled with games.
by IGN Staff
March 3, 2006 - So, your friends and family griped and swore at you for making them move box after heavy box full of games last time you moved. Too many times, you heard these words: "This crap better be worth money some day!" Well, this might just be that day.

IGN is looking for long-time game collectors and game fan-scene followers to help fill out some blanks in our database. Most specifically, we're looking for info on all the old games that only hardcore folks like you would have. IGN needs help from those out there who have a vast collection of games for a specific platform (say, for example, over a dozen NeoGeo games, a couple dozen C64 games, or almost every Lynx game -- we're not looking for dabblers here, but stay tuned for more openings if you're a gamer looking for work in the near future.) We are currently looking for domestic game collectors at this point.

What we're looking for out of you on this position is details on your games, such as game description, the UPC Code, maybe a scan of the box, things of that nature. We understand that not everybody's collection is pristine and well-kept, so it's OK if you are missing some details. Specifically, we're looking for the following info and assets:

Cover or Cartridge/Disc Image Scan

Short Game Description (written by you)

Back-of-the-Box Description

Features List

Number of Players

Number of Floppies/Carts/Discs

Peripheral Support

Controls

Copyright / Release Date

Publisher / Developer

UPC Code

If you've got the kind of collection that you've always thought was worth something, now's your chance to collect. Please email IGN's editorial jobs mailbox with information about your collection's status, your writing skills (for descriptions), a general resume (to check your basic qualifications), and whether or not you have a scanner for the boxes (if available.) Also, make sure to include a return email address, a physical home address and a phone number so we can contact you. IGN requires that you must be 18 to be hired for this contract position.​

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']TSD! don't sell all of your game stuff yet![/QUOTE]

His collection, though massive, encompasses more of the current gen titles... it sounded as if IGN was looking for older game info

wow... TSD really has pared down his collection... I have more games than he does now... although over 150 of mine are NES titles

[quote name='wubb']I hope they do get a nice DB of this stuff set up (and keep it free.)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it so when you enter your collection on their website that they have information and photos of the boxes displayed. I was having them add over 120 games that were not in their database and they offered the job; I just don't have time with the travel my job requires.

bread's done
Back