College Book Deals?

Sanosuke Sagara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Anyone know any reputable sites for used college books or any book-trading sites/forums? 1st yr at college starting soon and i'm cheap so I had to ask. If someon already ask just point me to their thread. thx.

Half.com has a coupon:
half.com has a rare $5 off $50 First Order Code: SAVEBIGNOW (Exp 9/29)

Amazon.com gives you 15$ off of 150$ for textbooks.

Those are the two places I only deal with although I know of some trading forums- I' just never experienced them and prefer the above just because it always has what I want.

Go on EBay with the book name and search for it with International Edition in the search box. You can get paperback versions of the books that are not meant to be sold in the USA or Canada for a fraction of the price. For example, I picked up the International Edition of a marketing book I needed for $4x.xx shipped on EBay (it was new) and it was $129 in the book store. The only thing you need to watch out for is bad quality international editions. Some have thin pages and black and white text and pictures while some using the standard thicker paper and color ink which are the ones you probably would want to get.

^The problem with alot of those editions is that they're actually different then the US editions as well tho. The questions are different, page numbers are different, examples are different.. Some are the same tho

but if you go www.gettextbooks.com and enter the title, author, isbn, etc it'll show differen't stores and the prices that they offer them for..

hope this helps

I like http://www.bigwords.com because it allows you to add all the books you need and looks through multiple search engines and will find lowest price and offer many different possibilties and how to do and what coupon codes to enter if eligible.

After being a true cheap ass for years now on my text books I've found a way that I'm fairly comfortable using to buy my books. I use a combination of the following sites:
www.textbooksrus.com
www.half.com
www.bn.com
www.amazon.com

I check all of these sites for the books that I need and I sell back to bn.com and textbooksrus.com. Make sure to use coupon codes when you can and just make sure to buy the correct edition. I hope that this helps a few of you out there. I know that it's saved me a few hundred over the years.

Here is my tip for ya. Don't buy books untill your sure you need them. I've already saved probably about 200 dollars by just not buying books i'll never read. If its and english class you'll probably need the books and if you do homework from it like math or somthing you'll probably need it but other than that you probably don't actualy need much if you just pay attention. Last semester I think I only bought $60 in books instead of around $400

Yeah I have wasted like $300 on books I used once or never. Luckily only twice were the books a complete waste.

Before you buy any texts check your university library, more often than not they have whatever texts you will need on hold for student use. You can't take them out of the library but it's still better than buying a text you will may never use again.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']Anyone know any reputable sites for used college books or any book-trading sites/forums? 1st yr at college starting soon and i'm cheap so I had to ask. If someon already ask just point me to their thread. thx.[/quote]

What books are you looking for? I have quite a few left over from what I couldn't sell on the side.

Here's what I've figured out after 3 semesters of college.

1. Buy used books online, whatever one you need, from places like Half.com. The sellers tell you what shape the books in and if there's any highlighting. Usually you can find a like new copy for ~25% off of what the bookstores charge.

2. Sell back to the bookstores. After all the fees and shipping costs, it's not worth selling online unless the bookstore doesn't buy your book back.

[quote name='SpookyD']Don't buy books untill your sure you need them.[/quote]

That's what I do too. I didn't buy the books for my History class, saved 100$ and got a B+, and I didn't buy one of the books for my English class and got a B.

Whoa, lotsa suggestions. Probably going to buy online once I get my syllabuses (syllabi?). If I order from the bookstore, i'm goin to spend $450+, and that's just ridiculous. thx for the linx

bread's done
Back