College Condominium Room Decorations

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I'll be moving into a condominium, with the property manager of the place. Therfore, I can do anything I want to the house really. I wanted to get some ideas of what I can do to the room. A couple CAG pics I saw, were these Halo3/GearsofWar displays, as well as they Advent Children Wallscrolls. That's what I'm aiming for. Something other than a white wall. I think it's real classy to have a huge bezel around a nice piece of artwork. We haven't even begin to describe the furniture (I know, I know...Ikea).

um..you are in college..your only decorations should be empty pizza boxes, a fridge, big screen tv, video games and badly hung pictures of half naked women. dont be the guy with framed video game posters on your wall....

I just put up two posters of the Comedian and the Silk Specter that I got at Borders.

Before I had nothing just white walls and ceiling.

They DEFINITELY bring the room together and make it look more personal.

That Gears of War poster is AWESOME!

:3

I just put up tons of video game posters that I got from a nintendo power that was all posters. I also put up some posters of my favorite recent movies. I don't really frame them though, just thumbtack.

Go with a theme or just put up your favorite crap.

[quote name='Malik112099']um..you are in college..your only decorations should be empty pizza boxes, a fridge, big screen tv, video games and badly hung pictures of half naked women. dont be the guy with framed video game posters on your wall....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, god, if there's one thing I hated in college, it's someone who was different, and true to himself. What a loser!

I don't want to ruin the artwork with nails or thumbtacks. Can anyone recommend some frames? What else do people put on their walls?

Last year I had a checkerboard design of record sleeves and their respective records in an upside-down triangle shape on opposite corners of my room. The one ended with my guitar and the other ended right above my bed. And then on the other open corner above my dual monitor set-up I had a few old metal signs of Batman and Superman up there.

I have a plethora of plastic guitars from friends and rockband. They actually look semi decent on the wall. The posters for HALO And Gears in your link look to be from blockbuster. they sell some pretty nice framed and hard posters, especially if you can get them cheap. i got top gun for $10, regular $30 on a clearance.

for getting things on the walls without using thumbtacks or nails, try the 3m sticky hooks. they're not loadbearing by any means, but they will do the job for most frames. For frames, check out target or walmart. they're usually pretty decent (or an ikea if u have one near you). every now and again, there will be a michael's coupon in the newspaper too for 50% off 1 item.

My local Kohls has a section dedicated to College dorm items. Its some sort of collection they offer, but anyways they have items like bean bag chairs, crazy flashing lights, posters, etc. Typical college dorm stuff for cheap prices. Give it a look.

Anyone have pictures of their Apartment/Dorm? I'm also going to be making my place into a modern, classy like place. Hopefully it turns out as well I envision.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']http://www.collegehappenings.com/college/28-most-cliche-dorm-room-posters/[/QUOTE]

at least i can say i never had any of those posters.

Mine had ferris bueller, army of darkness, evil dead, deep throat and a few others tossed up there. That over the years of being moved place to place became tattered and crappy looking that i kept putting up year after year.

Now that I'm out of college I reverted back to the old days. Zelda posters, kirby plush, framed mario puzzle, etc.

I was in a dorm room last year, just went with cheap posters hung using "Glue Dots" (cheap at any office supplies store) that you can peel on and off easily. IMO, any time you're dealing with a landlord/university housing you don't want to do anything like nails in the wall that isn't very easily reversible.

Guys down the hall did a collage of music posters and cut outs from cases of beer (lol) that was pretty cool.

This other guy had cool inexpensive multicolored paper Chinese lanterns.

Don't have any pictures, but the point is be original without feeling like you need to spend a ton of money to be stylish.

bread's done
Back