College Hoops 2k5 .... unplayable.

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Anyone else have this game? It is literally unplayable. It freezes every time I play. Rather it be during actual gameplay or if I'm lucky it will let me finish the game but then freeze at the menu so I can't save. I have read many stories of people having this problem and its redicilous. I think I just threw away $20 on this game.

I've been reading on various message boards and apparently everyones game is like this... but I guess I could try it. Anyone know how long EB's return policy is?

Well I'm out of luck , I bought it on the 20th of November but hadn't really got a chance to play it until this week. I guess I'll email the espnvideogames site complaining, but it truly is redicilous that it is this buggy, I guess thats why it was $20.

same thing happened with me and nhl 2k5. I don't know if they cut costs by pressing these thing cheaply, but mine would always f up on xbox. To make matters worse, there is a 100% crash bug if you try and play a season with the Bruins. After about 15 games, it will freeze up after giving u a message that one of your players is healed and ready to play, then the whole thing crashes. It WAS my fave hockey game be4 that...

Well, mine has NEVER froze on me. At least not during gameplay. I think it might have froze once when I was simulating a bunch of games in my Legacy, but that's it....

Have yet to go on LIVE with it yet.....

Yeah, try a new copy....of maybe your XBOX is about to die

that's a shame

i've been playing Live all the time at my friends' dorm. it's awesome, and i have yet to play 2k5, which used to be my favorite basketball game series.

I think they have to give you thirty days, but my copy runs fine, so I don't know what your problem is. I haven't heard about this until you posted, and I'm on here and Gamefaqs every day.

Look in the back of the manual for warranty info, if you can't return it maybe Sega will send you a new one for free.

[quote name='kamala619']same thing happened with me and nhl 2k5. I don't know if they cut costs by pressing these thing cheaply, but mine would always f up on xbox. To make matters worse, there is a 100% crash bug if you try and play a season with the Bruins. After about 15 games, it will freeze up after giving u a message that one of your players is healed and ready to play, then the whole thing crashes. It WAS my fave hockey game be4 that...[/quote]

Hey man all you have to do is turn injuries and computer trades off, and this will be fixed. The reason this fucks up is because the computer doesn't know how to fix it's roster after a trade or an injury. You should deffinitely try this and I hope it works.

As far as the NCAA goes, yeah it freezes on me during simulation, and one time during gameplay. However you should be able to save it right after your done playing. There are lots of bugs in this game, but I think it's still fun to play!

Tsk Tsk, this is what happens when you are cheap from the start and buy a crappy Sega sports title

sorry im an EA fanboy, and i even pay full price for madden, yes i know, what kind of cheap ass am I

[quote name='murcielago77']Tsk Tsk, this is what happens when you are cheap from the start and buy a crappy Sega sports title

sorry im an EA fanboy, and i even pay full price for madden, yes i know, what kind of cheap ass am I[/quote]

Yeah, but EA plays like crap. NCAA 2005 was pretty average

my copy freezes on me too. happened twice and ive played for about 6 hours total.
there are some weird glitches too.
should have gotten march madness like i did last year.

I find it funny that some people are trying to equate the 19.99 retail price of the 2K5 series with the fact that "some" people are experiencing minor glitches with the game.

EA NCAA 2005's momentary slowdowns, occasional lock ups and occassional frame rate drops on the Xbox is one of the reasons I tried out the 2K5 series. NCAA 2005 is an OK game, but those glitches (seemed to happen a lot right as you were running the ball) got way too annoying. As I understand it, it only happens for the Xbox version (according to GS). If I remember correctly, the game retailed for 50 bucks right out of the chute, so I guess you can "not" be a cheap ass gamer and still have glitches in a game.

Yeah, I agree....EA has glitches too....some MAJOR also.

NCAA Football 2005 (slowdown on the XBOX....made me sell it)
EA MLB 2005 (whatever it's caused...the lefty HR glitch....oops)
March Madness 2005 (it was a decent game...only played it a few minutes)

Now, the 2K5 series has treated me well. NFL is GREAT. NHL is good, a few glitches though. NBA is good, no problems for me in that. NCAA is ok...feels a little different, but still good.

So, I'll take my $20 games any day.

Also, isn't MLB 2K5 coming out in January? I thought I read that.....hope it's $20 also.

The game crashes when the legacy file gets corrupted -- when a scholarship is NOT returned when a prospect chooses another team. The game will crash and freeze on the schedule and not move forward because the game is confused about the fact I *should* have X number of scholarships available and only have X-1.

This kind of bug really sickens me. This is a CONSOLE! The hardware architecture and software is the SAME IN EVERY XBOX! Who does the QA? Monkeys? BLIND monkeys?

The only solution I can think of is to save alternately to two legacy files -- legacy1 and legacy2, and to load from the other file when the file gets corrupted on one.

bread's done
Back