Combined washer/dryer

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Does anybody here own (or rent) a combined washer/dryer? If so, any opinions on them? I'm moving to Chicago soon, and I'd really rather not have to go back to a community washer/dryer; having them in my apartment this year was just too nice. So I was thinking about the cost and benefits of buying one. Do you think they're worth the $1000? Or should I just suck it up and go to a laundromat?

Combo non venting units are terrible from my experience. You're forced to do only small loads, those small loads will take longer on average than separate stackables, and the worst part, when you get your clothes out after a couple hours they'll still be wet so you'll be forced to hang them to dry out the rest of the way. Because of the small loads you'll be doing this a couple times a week. And I never got a sense that my clothes were as clean as they should be.

Maybe there's some good ones out there and the complex I was in just bought a dud brand, (they seemed to break down and leak a lot) but if at all possible I would recommend stackables if there's an outlet for it. You can vent into a little detachable bucket if need be.

I spoke with a friend, and based on what she said, combined with what Dead of Knight and Not Eric said, I'm going to ditch the idea. It seems that I should either get the stackable units or just find a building with laundry on site (more likely the latter). Probably a good thing, as I'll need that $1,000 for other things.

Thanks guys.

I spoke with a friend, and based on what she said, combined with what Dead of Knight and Not Eric said, I'm going to ditch the idea. It seems that I should either get the stackable units or just find a building with laundry on site (more likely the latter). Probably a good thing, as I'll need that $1,000 for other things.

Thanks guys.
See if you can find a unit inside a complex that has close proximity to the laundry room. My last apartment before I bought a house was right upstairs from the laundry room and it was like having laundry in the apartment.

Stackable units aren't cheap in most cases, since some side-by-side units can be turned into stackable units with a stacking kit.

bread's done
Back