Comcast in MN May Drop The CW

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Oh shit....

From http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/16804835.htm

Comcast may drop CW

Comcast subscribers might have trouble finding their favorites on the CW network today.

Sinclair Broadcasting Group Inc., the company that owns the local CW station, WUCW-TV, has been in talks with cable provider Comcast regarding the amount of money Sinclair wants Comcast to shell out for the rights to retransmit the CW's content. If an agreement isn't reached today, Sinclair could pull its programming from Comcast, leaving 550,000 Twin Cities Comcast subscribers without access to the CW on their cable systems.

That means having to go without the latest episodes of "Smallville," "America's Next Top Model," "Gilmore Girls" and "Veronica Mars," along with other CW programming unless Comcast and Sinclair extend talks or come to an agreement in the wee hours of the morning.

Twin Cities Comcast subscribers could get CW programming — if Sinclair pulls it — by unhooking their cable and dusting off the rabbit ears.

The Associated Press reported the move would also leave millions of Comcast customers in markets including Baltimore and Pittsburgh, where Sinclair owns the Fox affiliates, unable to watch the popular "American Idol" results show tonight.

— Amy Carlson Gustafson and wire reports

Thank god my HDTV has a tuner built in. Otherwise I would be pissed to not have a way to watch the next all new "Smallville" on March 15th in its full glorious High Definition Widescreen beauty.

After all... I need to see Allison Mack in 720p bay-be! :D

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Meh. Shaq-Fu the CW.[/QUOTE]

Did I ever tell you I hate rabbits on top of pancakes?

If not..... well I just did.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Did I ever tell you I hate rabbits on top of pancakes?

If not..... well I just did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would just be weird. I hate that also. The pancake really has to be on top of the rabbit.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Yeah that would just be weird. I hate that also. The pancake really has to be on top of the rabbit.[/QUOTE]

Well I hate that too.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I hate lamp. I HATE lamp.[/QUOTE]

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhkey....

And in other news.... the next new "Smallville" is March 15th. Which means I better be ready with some popcorn by then. :D

[quote name='CitizenB']I've never watched anything off of wb/cw. One of the worst channels on tv.

*puts on flame suit in case of smallville fans.*[/QUOTE]

The WB/CW has had some damn good shows over the years - Buffy, Angel, the Invasion America cartoon miniseries, Smallville, and Supernatural. That's more than I can say about some networks....

*looks at MTV*

Comcast is awful but the CW is awful-er. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']The WB/CW has had some damn good shows over the years - Buffy, Angel, the Invasion America cartoon miniseries, Smallville, and Supernatural. That's more than I can say about some networks....

*looks at MTV*[/QUOTE] Daria, The Maxx, ... ummm .... okay. So that's it. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Comcast is awful but the CW is awful-er. :lol:

Daria, The Maxx, ... ummm .... okay. So that's it. :lol:[/quote]
QFT. Here's the real reason to not care:

WB: Cancelled Mission Hill
UPN: Cancelled Home Movies
Result: fuck you.

well as long as it doesnt affect any other cities i dont care. its bad enough comcast so damn much and that they dont broadcast the ifc channel but if i couldnt watch one tree hill id be pretty pissed off.

[quote name='lokizz']well as long as it doesnt affect any other cities i dont care. its bad enough comcast so damn much and that they dont broadcast the ifc channel but if i couldnt watch one tree hill id be pretty pissed off.[/quote]

IFC?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']IFC?[/quote]
Independent Film Channel.

Used to have it back when I was on Dish Network. Movie channel that shows stuff you'd see at Sundance, etc. Usually doesn't censor the swearing or nudity either if I remember correctly. Pi was a perennial favorite of theirs...used to see it on there quite often. Also, Greg the Bunny started out there before the doomed FOX show.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']QFT. Here's the real reason to not care:

WB: Cancelled Mission Hill
UPN: Cancelled Home Movies
Result: fuck you.[/QUOTE]

That's not nearly as bad as, say, Fox....

Fox: Cancelled Firefly, Space: Above And Beyond, Brimstone, The Visitor, Harsh Realm, and Millennium.

But hey... at least Fox finally did cancel that crapfest known as The OC. So they did do ONE right thing.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That's not nearly as bad as, say, Fox....

Fox: Cancelled Firefly, Space: Above And Beyond, Brimstone, Invasion, Harsh Realm, and Millennium.

But hey... at least Fox finally did cancel that crapfest known as The OC. So they did do ONE right thing.[/quote]

Actually, Invasion was on ABC.

[quote name='Spruce']Independent Film Channel.

Used to have it back when I was on Dish Network. Movie channel that shows stuff you'd see at Sundance, etc. Usually doesn't censor the swearing or nudity either if I remember correctly. Pi was a perennial favorite of theirs...used to see it on there quite often. Also, Greg the Bunny started out there before the doomed FOX show.[/quote]

my personal fave was dinner for five that show was some of the best stuff out there and it was refreshing to see celebrities being completly honest about their careers and the industry and all sorts of topics. i liked henry rollins show too film critic i think it was called. and yeah they always showed uncensored movies and aot of fringe and indie films and foreign films. if not for that channel id never have seen one of the funniest and best horror movies ever made Dead Alive. that was also where i finally got to see a clockwork orange too a must see film for any film fan.

I watch Smallville and Supernatural.

I can't understand why people hate on Supernatural. I mean, it's better then anything Joss Whedon ever did and there is a bizarre internet cult following for that guy.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']The CW is for 15 year old girls, who need to get their homework done before they are allowed to watch Veronica Mars.[/quote]

Yeah, that show blows.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That's not nearly as bad as, say, Fox....

Fox: Cancelled Firefly, Space: Above And Beyond, Brimstone, The Visitor, Harsh Realm, and Millennium.

But hey... at least Fox finally did cancel that crapfest known as The OC. So they did do ONE right thing.[/quote]
I was refering to the fact that they suck, have nothing watchable now, and the two channels that merged to become CW also sucked.

Fox still has some great shows (Prison Break, American Dad, King of the Hill).

[quote name='camoor']I can't understand why people hate on Supernatural. I mean, it's better then anything Joss Whedon ever did and there is a bizarre internet cult following for that guy.[/QUOTE]

I happen to enjoy both Whedon's stuff and Supernatural. So its all good. :D

CW hosts complete episodes for many of their recently aired shows, so people who loose the CW could always just watch on their website. My CW hasn't been on the air since Saturday (due to a storm) and that's how I'm going to watch the Veronica Mars episode I missed.

bread's done
Back