Comcast trying to ban Netflix Streaming

APreciousDragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I thought this would apply here, abd haven't seen it posted yet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-green/40000-protest-comcast-att_b_789791.html

That's just one small article, but google'ing it will bring up tons of news on how Comcast is planning to block Netflix streaming (which I always use through my 360 now).

Needless to say, I'll be swapping Internet providers if they get this to go through.

Greedy, greedy company, trying to get people to only buy their movies, etc.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Be thankful you get 3-4MB capped. I pay Metrocast $55 a month for 7MB download and used to get it, now I'm lucky at night to get 1MB down. It's usually .40MB down. It's AWFUL.[/QUOTE]My 18MBps DL / 1.5MBps UL UVerse at $55/month says hello.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Be thankful you get 3-4MB capped. I pay Metrocast $55 a month for 7MB download and used to get it, now I'm lucky at night to get 1MB down. It's usually .40MB down. It's AWFUL.[/QUOTE]

My 20MBps down for 45 a month says hello also.

[quote name='dmdragon']My 20MBps down for 45 a month says hello also.

[/QUOTE]
My download isn't quite as good (18.14), but my upload is significantly better (1.64).

I pay $50/mo with Cox Communications.

[quote name='shrike4242']My 18MBps DL / 1.5MBps UL UVerse at $55/month says hello.[/QUOTE]Man, even in AT&T coverage areas, a lotta people can't get it yet.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I believe Comcast receives that "reimbursement" in the form of an outrageous $60/month from myself and many other customers.[/QUOTE]Keep in mind Americans pay some of the highest prices for high speed net compared to Japan, Europe, etc.

So basically Comcast is telling us to choose between them and Netflix. I don't think they're going to much like what most people are going to pick lol

[quote name='dmdragon']So basically Comcast is telling us to choose between them and Netflix. I don't think they're going to much like what most people are going to pick lol[/QUOTE]
They're smarter than that. I don't know anyone that's happy with Comcast nowadays. I think most of us just have difficulty figuring out which other providers will BS us, so we stick with the one we know is screwing us by a somewhat acceptable margin, until we can't stands no more.

[quote name='help1']Although I usually hate cable companies, this makes sense. Netflix is profiting at the expense of Comcast -- why wouldn't Comcast seek reimbursement?[/QUOTE]What about the millions of Comcast customers who only use their internet service BECAUSE of Netflix. Netflix is giving Comcast customers. It is up to Comcast to keep up with the demands of their customers.

i've been paying $20 a month for Comcast since July 09. Original deal was for a year, then right before that expired they actually called me and offered to extend for 6 months. Most likely b/c I can get Verizon FIOS. Which is where I will be going once i'm not paying $20 a month.

Just playing conspiracy theorist:

"Comcast wants to charge Netflix a bandwidth fee. And right now, my Netflix via Comcast won't load. Ominous." - Tweet from Roger Ebert. And I have had the same problem this week.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Just playing conspiracy theorist:

"Comcast wants to charge Netflix a bandwidth fee. And right now, my Netflix via Comcast won't load. Ominous." - Tweet from Roger Ebert. And I have had the same problem this week.[/QUOTE]

I'm having issues right now. I've run all kinds of diagnostics, up/down is fine across the board on multiple machines (work laptop, desktop, Wii). But if try to stream nf either through PC or Wii, it's nothing but non-stop buffering.

Maybe Netflix is having issues?

[quote name='dothog']I'm having issues right now. I've run all kinds of diagnostics, up/down is fine across the board on multiple machines (work laptop, desktop, Wii). But if try to stream nf either through PC or Wii, it's nothing but non-stop buffering.

Maybe Netflix is having issues?[/QUOTE]

I've had no issues with Netflix using Cablevision. Comcrap is a horrible company.

[quote name='shrike4242']My 18MBps DL / 1.5MBps UL UVerse at $55/month says hello.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get AT&T. They're available up the road from me, but not at my house. It's beyond aggravating.

Even worse, I contacted Comcast about 3 weeks ago and they said they were in my area and I was GUARANTEED 12MB down and 2MB up, then I called back in a few days to set up my service and they say they're not available in my area. Called back to 3 other reps and they said the same. That just added fuel to the fire of which I hate Metrocast.

bread's done
Back