Comfortable Dress Shoes?

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I started a job in a bank recently and I've been standing a lot. Since we can't wear sneakers (which I could stand in for extended periods of time), my feet and legs have been in pain. I tried Dr. Scholl's inserts but they did nothing for me.

Does anybody know of some good shoe brands for black dress shoes (for suits and business attire)?

I have several pairs of Clark's. I used to manage a warehouse and was on my feet for several hours a day; they are extremely comfortable. They are a little expensive but are totally worth it especially if you appreciate your feet.

Rockports are pretty comfortable, if you have a higher budget then you can go to Todd's. That place has really comfortable shoes but you're paying for higher quality and a brand name.

Otherwise, Sketchers are the reebok of comfortable shoes. They don't last very long but they are comfortable.

Dr. Scholl's have never worked for me, but that company makes shoes also, and some have a dressier look. They run anywhere from $30 to 50 average, depending on style and where you buy them. They have worked well for me though in the past.

Try Hush Puppies brand. I've had a couple of pairs of loafers from them forever and they are the most comfortable dress shoes I have owned in the last couple of years.

[quote name='Muzner']Try Hush Puppies brand. I've had a couple of pairs of loafers from them forever and they are the most comfortable dress shoes I have owned in the last couple of years.[/QUOTE]

I would second the Hush Puppies recommendation. If you are willing to spend more, Florsheim's are the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever worn.

Hush Puppies are good.

Rockports are basically dressed up Reeboks. Look for the Rockports that have the DMX soul; you could melt in them. They make some real comfortable shoes.

Otherwise, all I can recommend is looking for an all black running/athletic shoe that looks dressy enough. I know lots of companies, for example restaurants, will allow you to wear all black tennis/athletic shoes as long as they are presentable.

At least at the JCPennys around here, there's a brand of dress/work shoes called Nunn Bush. They are bout $40-50 (maybe less if on sale), and they are comfortable. Also slip-resistant and non-marking.

Calvin Klein Collection (as opposed to the regular Calvin Klein they sell at places like Macy's) makes some pretty comfortable shoes. I once stood in mine for about 4 or 5 hours, and it didn't even bother me one bit.

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']At least at the JCPennys around here, there's a brand of dress/work shoes called Nunn Bush. They are bout $40-50 (maybe less if on sale), and they are comfortable. Also slip-resistant and non-marking.[/QUOTE]

I've got a pair of Nunn Bush that I wear now. I never wear them outside or they would fall apart. I also had to replace the insoles fairly shortly after I got them (no cushioning). For the money, I would buy Hush Puppies next time.

I'm a teacher, and Soft Stags have saved my life. They're apparently the kinds of shoes that waiters often wear, and they're certainly good enough for me. They come in tie-ons and slip-ons, and I can get them for $20-ish at Big 5, if that store exists in your neck of the woods.

bread's done
Back