Comic Book Discussion Thread (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Top Cow, IDW, Indy, etc)

It'd be alot more easier than Marvel trying to appeal to women in their thirties and forties watching The View.
True. The Colbert Report reveal made perfect sense. Younger people watch the show, and Colbert himself (well, himself as the character he plays) has covered any Captain America shake-up as part of his schtick ever since the Civil War aftermath.

The View? I'm sure it made sense to someone at Marvel, but seriously... I think they would have had an easier time converting those viewers to comic readers if they forgot about She-Thor and simply told everyone Thor was going to get a new costume consisting entirely of a loincloth - and that it was going to carry over to the movies if those issues sold well enough. KA-CHING, instant fortune.

I like my batgirls
paralyzed. Yeah, I said it!
joker-704285.jpg

So I started on Hellblazer a while back and was wondering when exactly it was going to shift into the kind of infamous ****ed up territory I always heard so much about. Got my answer today.

Big evil skinless hellhound with exposed organs and a giant dong went around ass-raping people before killing and/or eating them. Poor l'il Benny...

Second issue of volume two. I get the feeling the show will gloss over that particular detail about the Newcastle incident...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I started on Hellblazer a while back and was wondering when exactly it was going to shift into the kind of infamous ****ed up territory I always heard so much about. Got my answer today.

Big evil skinless hellhound with exposed organs and a giant dong went around ass-raping people before killing and/or eating them. Poor l'il Benny...

Second issue of volume two. I get the feeling the show will gloss over that particular detail about the Newcastle incident...
Not that I have the budget to buy Hellblazer anyway, but why no HC's!? Some nice Omnibus would be nice.

There are freebies at Barnes and nobile stores today for batman day. Got a batman comic, a couple pins, posters, etc.

They also have contests.

And supposedly they will have "exclusive items" for sale in the next few days(and a little bird told me they are SCDD exclusives), but I am not aware of what batman/dc eclusive are being offered.

Comixology had a fairly comprehensive 99 cent Batman comic sale, so I finally got Gotham by Gaslight. It was a good read, even though I figured out
Jacob was Jack the Ripper on the second page. Oh well.
It also makes me wish the video game didn't get cancelled... but we got Arkham Asyum out of its death, so I suppose it was for the best. 

Is the sequel worth reading? It isn't on sale, but I figure it might be worth $2.99 since I at least know that I enjoyed the first one.

SDCC leads to more free comics!

Detective Comics #27 is free:

Original

Batman Day Version (features original Detective Comics #27 story (still pretty good), Brad Meltzer & Bryan Hitch "reimagining" (still pretty meh), a Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy story (REALLY good) and...something...else...it's from Meltzer and Chip Kidd and I think it really sucks (adding Meltzer's script over the original story art? Who thought that was a good idea?)

Batman Eternal #1: batman75

You have to get these from the Marvel store (link your Comixology and Marvel account if you haven't already!):

Black Widow #1 (new series): WIDOW

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (Abnett and Lanning series): DNA

Inhuman #1: BLACKBOLT
Uncanny Avengers #1: UNITY

Free infinite comics (the #1's are on Comixology but #2's aren't even showing available):

Deadpool Gauntlet #1 & #2

Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted #1 & #2

Iron Man: Fatal Frontier #1 & #2

Link

Guardians of the Galaxy Infinite #1: Drax

Guardians of the Galaxy Infinite #2: Rocket Raccoon

And all of that Valiant stuff is still free but I expect the "a limited time" to end after SDCC. Free Digital Exclusive #1s: Rai, Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot, Shadowman, Unity, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Quantum and Woody (new series and original) and the last couple years of FCBD issues. Rai wasn't bad and Quantum and Woody is pretty funny, haven't checked out the rest yet.

That looks like all for now...

Is the sequel worth reading? It isn't on sale, but I figure it might be worth $2.99 since I at least know that I enjoyed the first one.
The sequel (Master of the Future) is ok but not great. Gotham By Gaslight was dark Master is bright (different artist, or a better way to state that: not Mike Mignola). The story is decent until the Master plan is revealed. The story feels like a different writer trying to capture the same idea of a story without having read the story first. It's been a few years since I read the story but I remember being surprised Brian Augustyn wrote the story.

SDCC leads to more free comics!

Detective Comics #27 is free:

Original

Batman Day Version (features original Detective Comics #27 story (still pretty good), Brad Meltzer & Bryan Hitch "reimagining" (still pretty meh), a Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy story (REALLY good) and...something...else...it's from Meltzer and Chip Kidd and I think it really sucks (adding Meltzer's script over the original story art? Who thought that was a good idea?)

Batman Eternal #1: batman75

You have to get these from the Marvel store (link your Comixology and Marvel account if you haven't already!):

Black Widow #1 (new series): WIDOW

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (Abnett and Lanning series): DNA

Inhuman #1: BLACKBOLT
Uncanny Avengers #1: UNITY

Free infinite comics (the #1's are on Comixology but #2's aren't even showing available):

Deadpool Gauntlet #1 & #2

Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted #1 & #2

Iron Man: Fatal Frontier #1 & #2

Link

Guardians of the Galaxy Infinite #1: Drax

Guardians of the Galaxy Infinite #2: Rocket Raccoon

And all of that Valiant stuff is still free but I expect the "a limited time" to end after SDCC. Free Digital Exclusive #1s: Rai, Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot, Shadowman, Unity, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Quantum and Woody (new series and original) and the last couple years of FCBD issues. Rai wasn't bad and Quantum and Woody is pretty funny, haven't checked out the rest yet.

That looks like all for now...

The sequel (Master of the Future) is ok but not great. Gotham By Gaslight was dark Master is bright (different artist, or a better way to state that: not Mike Mignola). The story is decent until the Master plan is revealed. The story feels like a different writer trying to capture the same idea of a story without having read the story first. It's been a few years since I read the story but I remember being surprised Brian Augustyn wrote the story.
Ah. Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of Mignola's work. I bought volume 1 & 2 of Hellboy shortly after the first movie came out and couldn't get past the art, which is weird because i typically love styles where everything is shrouded in shadows. Gotham By Gaslight is actually the first time I looked at something he drew and thought it was good.

and thanks for the info about the free comics! Downloaded a few of 'em. Infinite Comics are actually kinda cool... although the novelty isn't really worth the higher price, IMO.

They only hint at it as far the showmakers have discussed it, but there's supposedly things in there to throw you off and think a character (or characters) may or may not be him.

Yup. The initial report was that every episode of the show would feature a potential Joker, but the producers squashed that right away by saying they aren't going quite that far with it.

Speaking of Gotham, I am now cautiously optimistic. The general vibe about the pilot seems to be that they crammed way too many cameos in there, but it otherwise is a really good start. The producers have acknowledged this by saying that they are limiting the cameos moving forward, making sure that they count. Victor Fries is another potential one that they have been talking about, though.

As for Constantine, all of the news I've heard since the pilot leaked has been great. Lucy is out, Zed is in, all of the little easter eggs like Dr. Fate's helmet and Pandora's Box aren't just for show and have plans to go with them, and storylines involving John's smoking (I assume they are referencing the cancer) aren't necessarily out the window just because they can't show him with a cig in his mouth. That, combined with the talks of the Specter and Swamp Thing being used later on, has me very excited again. It could very well make up for the fact that Justice League Dark/Dark Universe will likely fall into Del Toro's usual project development purgatory.   

And I hope everyone knows that teaser from batman/superman is from DKR. ;) I actually have a little interest in the movie now. Wonder woman looks like a chick in a Halloween costume. Pretty disappointed with her though.

And I hope everyone knows that teaser from batman/superman is from DKR. ;) I actually have a little interest in the movie now. Wonder woman looks like a chick in a Halloween costume. Pretty disappointed with her though.
I'm surprised by just how faithful the armored Batsuit seems to be, white eyes and all!

I REALLY want to be excited for Dawn of Justice, but fuck I super hated the hell out of Man of Steel. Like I can't talk about that movie in a normal quiet voice, just loud aggravated disdain.

Wonder Woman, I'll be honest looks as good as you can hope while retaining the tropes of the comic book design. It's not bad, but Wonder Woman's costume is both iconic and product of it's time.

I REALLY want to be excited for Dawn of Justice, but fuck I super hated the hell out of Man of Steel. Like I can't talk about that movie in a normal quiet voice, just loud aggravated disdain.

Wonder Woman, I'll be honest looks as good as you can hope while retaining the tropes of the comic book design. It's not bad, but Wonder Woman's costume is both iconic and product of it's time.
I'm just excited for the action, while hoping it doesn't make me suffer from the kind of fatigue the MoS finale induces. I liked it well enough in theaters, bought it day one on blu-ray... but my God, those final twenty minutes just drag on and on and on with each additional viewing.

I have no faith yet in this "twitchy" version of Lex Luthor, or Snyder's ability to effectively juggle all of the cameos supposedly crammed into the movie. Although the cameos are possible to do well. Cyborg, for example, should only appear as Vic Stone - maybe in the football scenes they filmed so long ago. The rumor of there being security footage of a red blur stopping a robbery in Central City is also an example of how they should be handled.

I'm just excited for the action, while hoping it doesn't make me suffer from the kind of fatigue the MoS finale induces. I liked it well enough in theaters, bought it day one on blu-ray... but my God, those final twenty minutes just drag on and on and on with each additional viewing.

I have no faith yet in this "twitchy" version of Lex Luthor, or Snyder's ability to effectively juggle all of the cameos supposedly crammed into the movie. Although the cameos are possible to do well. Cyborg, for example, should only appear as Vic Stone - maybe in the football scenes they filmed so long ago. The rumor of there being security footage of a red blur stopping a robbery in Central City is also an example of how they should be handled.
I Hated all of Man of Steel. The unnecessary gender/race swapping of characters who weren't needed in the movie to literally forcing Lois Lane into situations that don't require her, yet they for some reason had to keep her in the movie whenever possible drove me insane. Nothing about that movie was worth it to me, except when the Reapers attacked Metropolis and for a brief few seconds I could believe I had a Mass Effect movie.

I'm totally fine with that Flash cameo in the sense that with the appearance of Superman, there are metahuman's popping everywhere now and it'll lead to a bigger story for Justice League. But I have absolutely no faith in Snyder handling SO MANY character that are doing their first appearance for moviegoers since I doubt majority will be brief cameo's being as he has to announce EACH AND EVERY casting in the movie if a hero is involved. It literally feels like this will be the Superbowl Shuffle of superhero movies from someone who has never watched football. Just a rotating door and you don't know who or what purpose each person serves. Though in the very least, they're not there to start no trouble, they're just here to do the Superman shuffle.

I Hated all of Man of Steel. The unnecessary gender/race swapping of characters who weren't needed in the movie to literally forcing Lois Lane into situations that don't require her, yet they for some reason had to keep her in the movie whenever possible drove me insane. Nothing about that movie was worth it to me, except when the Reapers attacked Metropolis and for a brief few seconds I could believe I had a Mass Effect movie.

I'm totally fine with that Flash cameo in the sense that with the appearance of Superman, there are metahuman's popping everywhere now and it'll lead to a bigger story for Justice League. But I have absolutely no faith in Snyder handling SO MANY character that are doing their first appearance for moviegoers since I doubt majority will be brief cameo's being as he has to announce EACH AND EVERY casting in the movie if a hero is involved. It literally feels like this will be the Superbowl Shuffle of superhero movies from someone who has never watched football. Just a rotating door and you don't know who or what purpose each person serves. Though in the very least, they're not there to start no trouble, they're just here to do the Superman shuffle.
Mind if I ask for a refresher? I can't seem to recall a character's gender being changed just now.

As for Lois, yeah... even with her being shoved into so many scenes, she really didn't have anything to do. I really liked her moment on the Kryptonian ship where she was being guided by Jor-El's hologram and told where and when to shoot... but at the same time, it completely made a joke of the Kryptonian's combat training. Their kiss in the middle of the rubble pile formerly known as Metropolis was also awkward as hell...

Mind if I ask for a refresher? I can't seem to recall a character's gender being changed just now.

As for Lois, yeah... even with her being shoved into so many scenes, she really didn't have anything to do. I really liked her moment on the Kryptonian ship where she was being guided by Jor-El's hologram and told where and when to shoot... but at the same time, it completely made a joke of the Kryptonian's combat training. Their kiss in the middle of the rubble pile formerly known as Metropolis was also awkward as hell...
Jimmy Olsen was turned into Jenny Olsen. The only other female who talked in the Daily Planet and was caught in that building when she should've died and Perry White (Perry Black?) had to try and rescue her for unnecessary tension.

Them asking for Lois on the Kryptonian ship for really no reason and her on the plane to literally be the one to put in the Superman stamp on the device made me so...upset.

Oh! Right. Jenny. I think that was chalked up to a minor actress trying to make her role seem much more important than it really was on Twitter - as I recall, the character actually had a different last name on her nametag/press credentials. That was a change that would have irritated the hell out of me too, although it wasn't quite as ridiculous as the Smallville Jimmy fake-out. She could have always been explained away as being Jimmy's sister in sequels, should they have chosen to do so.

Honestly, all of the Daily Planet stuff was mishandled in some way. I don't think there's any hope of "Clark" getting anymore screentime in BvS than he did in MoS, sadly. Even that official pic they released of him recently was glaringly missing the glasses. 

Alright, if that's the case I guess I can say totally cool with one thing that I didn't like being not that big a deal despite her character being pointless. Although I'll also admit I like Michael Shannon only because Boardwalk Empire and that guy knows how to fucking chew up scenery.

Is there even any purpose for Clark in the film? Clark seems to work in the movies and occasionally comics as a bit of comedy in contrast to Superman, but MoS was just so serious and well, such an emotional bummer that I don't know how his character could work with the style of Snyder's DC trilogy now. Also not counting the fact that Lois knows who he is and considering the incident involving Clark and the short bus (I just wanted to type that), all the residents of Smallville know his real identity as well, just what point is there to the identity? I'm not even going to take into account the whole glasses equal a whole different person thing, since that's just Superman lore, but in no way does Clark seem to fit at all.

Though I'd like there to be an extra few seconds to follow up immediately after the ending of Man of Steel where someone says "are you fucking kidding me? This is clearly the guy who destroyed nearly all of Metropolis." and everyone just stares at him and Lois just quickly turns her down toward the ground and the movie ends with Clark saying "Oh sh-" and cue Man of Steel title and then credits.

I'll read the last 6 posts after I watch Man of Steel. I skipped over them.
What has stopped you from seeing it? Lack of interest? Anyhoo, the rest of this post will be about MoS too - so feel free to skip it as well.

Yeah, I'd say the Clark Kent thing is important to the character - enough so that it should be represented in films. Him continuing to live amongst the humans AS a human gives Superman the perspective he needs to maintain. Otherwise he'd be worshipped or hated as a God-like creature all day every day, experiencing the pitfalls of that.

Plus it isn't the glasses that sells him being a different person - or at least in live action. It's the performance. Christopher Reeve nailed the difference in mannerisms the two identities should have. His Clark was so hopelessly klutzy, jittery and weak-willed that you could understand why people wouldn't suspect him as being their savior. The hair also helps. Snyder and co. LITERALLY just put a pair of glasses on Cavill and called it a day.

Then again, with the ominous presence Superman had in the BvS SDCC teaser, they could very well be going for a Superman who is out of touch with humanity.

Ah. Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of Mignola's work. I bought volume 1 & 2 of Hellboy shortly after the first movie came out and couldn't get past the art, which is weird because i typically love styles where everything is shrouded in shadows. Gotham By Gaslight is actually the first time I looked at something he drew and thought it was good.
I'm not a fan of his early independent stuff, he was good in his Marvel and DC, but the early Hellboy was too much of the shadows for me too. Took him a few years of Hellboy to get a style I like.

and thanks for the info about the free comics! Downloaded a few of 'em. Infinite Comics are actually kinda cool... although the novelty isn't really worth the higher price, IMO.
Some of the Infinite Comics make better use of the form. The Wolverine was good and the Deadpool was awesome, they used it to make so many jokes. Sadly you don't know what you are getting until you are half way through an issue.

So, anyone else see the leaked Deadpool test footage? It was fantastic. I'd link to it but it's already taken down.

I'm not a fan of his early independent stuff, he was good in his Marvel and DC, but the early Hellboy was too much of the shadows for me too. Took him a few years of Hellboy to get a style I like.

Some of the Infinite Comics make better use of the form. The Wolverine was good and the Deadpool was awesome, they used it to make so many jokes. Sadly you don't know what you are getting until you are half way through an issue.

So, anyone else see the leaked Deadpool test footage? It was fantastic. I'd link to it but it's already taken down.
Hell yes. I lost count of how many times I watched it. It was perfect, and was made up of a shorter version of a scene from the script that leaked a long while back. The fact that the test footage didn't result in the movie getting made is just... criminal. Hell, I'd even take a 80 minute CGI feature if it was done up in the same style as that footage.

Hell yes. I lost count of how many times I watched it. It was perfect, and was made up of a shorter version of a scene from the script that leaked a long while back. That fact that the test footage didn't result in the movie getting made is just... criminal. Hell, I'd even take a 80 minute CGI feature if it was done up in the same style as that footage.
I should check if its still online somewhere. Hearing about it made me think of the awesome Daredevil sizzle reel from a while ago.

Just watched the test footage myself and it's pretty much everything you would expect and want. Of course that is just a small dose who knows how well it would hold up in a feature. Though with how much Fox is wanting to squeeze every last bit of juice out of he Marvel characters they own, I'm really surprised they didn't greenlight something based off of this.

Just watched the test footage myself and it's pretty much everything you would expect and want. Of course that is just a small dose who knows how well it would hold up in a feature. Though with how much Fox is wanting to squeeze every last bit of juice out of he Marvel characters they own, I'm really surprised they didn't greenlight something based off of this.
I can say that the script that was leaked, which the test footage is adapted from, was fantastic. My only complaint was that some of his dialogue seemed to be extremely vulgar for no reason other than it was intended to be rated R. It had a lot of zany comedy, but they also did a great job making Deadpool out to be a tragic character. The flashbacks to Killebrew's experiments on him were pretty rough. Colossus was also kind of a guest star, and got into a pretty epic brawl with someone which brought down a skyscraper. For some reason I always had the feeling they would cut him out though.

I should check if its still online somewhere. Hearing about it made me think of the awesome Daredevil sizzle reel from a while ago.

http://vimeo.com/101972457

I worry about small bits like this, it was beyond awesome but it could end up being another Give 'em Hell Malone. Malone had one of the most awesome trailers made, then the movie came out and it sucked. But then Thomas Jane went on to make that awesome Punisher short film (Dirty Laundry)

I can understand why this didn't get a Deadpool movie made, at the time they were finishing up that awful Daniel Way series which had pretty weak numbers. When the stick of that starts to leave with the new series there's the Deadpool game which also did poorly. Yes the game had a ton of budget cuts and personnel cuts and wasn't available digitally for even 6 months, but what they look at is numbers.

The real question is: why did this guy not get offers to do other movies? That short was all kinds of awesome. Or maybe he just passed on other offers. According to Rob Lifield he did that big opening battle in Thor The Dark World. Kind of funny.

Edit: The clip in HD! Now does it embed if I just paste the link? Let's find out...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22eh2p_deadpool-official-test-footage-hd-ryan-reynolds_shortfilms?start=2

and it doesn't...wonder if it's because it's dailymotion? Wait, I'll try this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x22eh2p

Bah, I give up...after one last attempt!

[media]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22eh2p_deadpool-official-test-footage-hd-ryan-reynolds_shortfilms?start=2

[/media]

Kick-Ass 2 might've had something to do with it too, along with the failure of the Deadpool game. Seeing another R-rated comic book movie with comedic elements make less money than its predecessor, which already was only a modest hit to begin with, was probably the final nail in the coffin - at least for the concept they've had since 2010. 

Personally, I think the idea that a Deadpool movie has to be rated R is flawed to begin with. I know the screenplay writers fought hard to limit the action to fit a smaller budget to offset the rating, and both directors attached to it at different points fought the studio for the R rating, but PG-13 would suffice. Wolverine has had several brutal, violent fights in the X-Men movies without needing buckets of blood - specifically in X2 and The Wolverine. Everyone telling the Fox executives that it's R or nothing probably killed our chance of getting a Deadpool movie at all.

So... I need some recommendations. 

Background: I dip deep into comics/graphic novels every 5 years or so.   Over the decades I've read a ton of the classics (Watchmen and V for Vendetta being lifelong favs), and loved stuff like 100 bullets, Rising Stars, Sandman, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Walking Dead, Y: The Last Man, Sin City (and pretty much everything Miller writes), Astro City...  also dig the more recent Conan series (read up to the writer switch, don't know if it's even still going). 

Basically, genrewise I liked everything from superhero to scifi to fantasy.  I tend to like more mature themes (ie, in theory, dc's vertigo series was aimed at me).  I'm looking for some newer, -established- series to dig into.   Preferably, something with a couple years of issues to catch up on.   I'm eyeing DMZ and Wasteland, but I'm sure there's a ton of things I don't even know about.

Anyone have any more recent 'must check out' series for me to research?

Thanks in advance.  I have limited time to read/research due to life right now, so some friendly pointers in the right direction will go far.

I was watching 22 jump street and the whole time I'm thinking channing tatum would be an awesome deadpool. He has the comedy and stupidity down and the whole movie was about breaking the 4th wall but he's already gambit...

I was watching 22 jump street and the whole time I'm thinking channing tatum would be an awesome deadpool. He has the comedy and stupidity down and the whole movie was about breaking the 4th wall but he's already gambit...
fuck NO. I wish that big oaf would stay away from any and all properties I have interest in. He was a terrible Duke in GI Joe, he'll be an awful Gambit. He occasionally has some funny line delivery but he is an awful one-note actor.

Yeah, Tatum doesn't have the spontaneity or ad-libbing abilities to be Deadpool. I Always thought Seann William Scott would be better suited for it than Reynolds.

Yeah, Tatum doesn't have the spontaneity or ad-libbing abilities to be Deadpool. I Always thought Seann William Scott would be better suited for it than Reynolds.
He's always been my second pick, pretty much ever since I watched Bulletproof Monk. Either he or Reynolds would be perfectly fine by me, Reynolds only wins out because he seems to know the (early) source material.

640.jpg

Sucks for DC since Thanos was always seen as a rip off of Darksied, but now with the Marvel films getting a head start and making bank, majority of people are going to be thinking the opposite now.

Kick-Ass 2 might've had something to do with it too, along with the failure of the Deadpool game. Seeing another R-rated comic book movie with comedic elements make less money than its predecessor, which already was only a modest hit to begin with, was probably the final nail in the coffin - at least for the concept they've had since 2010.

Personally, I think the idea that a Deadpool movie has to be rated R is flawed to begin with. I know the screenplay writers fought hard to limit the action to fit a smaller budget to offset the rating, and both directors attached to it at different points fought the studio for the R rating, but PG-13 would suffice. Wolverine has had several brutal, violent fights in the X-Men movies without needing buckets of blood - specifically in X2 and The Wolverine. Everyone telling the Fox executives that it's R or nothing probably killed our chance of getting a Deadpool movie at all.
I'm torn on the Deadpool rating. On one hand I loved the short and I liked the Deadpool game (which is odd because I HATE most of Daniel Way's Writing). On the other hand I thought the Deadpool Max series was just a bunch of little kids who learned there first swears going to town. If they have Wolverine and Dark Knight level of violence and more in line with the edgier humor of Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet then I'll be ok with PG-13.

Also...if not Ryan Reynolds then there is only one choice: Jensen Ackles

But if not Jensen I'll take Sean William Scott.

I don't think the general audience will really care about Thanos and Darkseid being similar.

I'm torn on the Deadpool rating. On one hand I loved the short and I liked the Deadpool game (which is odd because I HATE most of Daniel Way's Writing). On the other hand I thought the Deadpool Max series was just a bunch of little kids who learned there first swears going to town. If they have Wolverine and Dark Knight level of violence and more in line with the edgier humor of Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet then I'll be ok with PG-13.

Also...if not Ryan Reynolds then there is only one choice: Jensen Ackles

But if not Jensen I'll take Sean William Scott.
Fully agreed, both about the game AND Way's writing.

I always thought Ackles should get a shot at a live-action Jason Todd/Red Hood or, as I've been leaning more toward lately, Steve Trevor in a Wonder Woman movie. Dude would be great at reacting to some of the more ridiculous elements of Themyscira.

bread's done
Back