Comic Con 2012 Tickets

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Hey guys its my first time and I'd like to go to Comic Con this year with several of my friends. First question of course is getting tickets to the actual convention. I understand that the tickets are sold in waves. I was wodnering if anyone knows how often they are sold and what the chances of getting a ticket at this point. To my knowledge there was a pre-sale in November to those who had bought tickets last year. I know I am supposed to look on: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/
I see in the bottom corner it says
36968751.jpg

I just wanted to know if they will post when the tickets will go on sale ahead of time, where to check, etc.

Also if anyone has any ideas of a cheap place to stay in the area please post as well. The best rate I found was $545 (Hotel + Flight) I think the hotel was like $89.

Thanks for any help.

I thought about going last year, but the whole ticket process was one giant fuck up. The moment they went on sale, the website crashed and a ton of people got screwed out of getting them. By the time it actually worked, they had the weekend passes marked as sold out. Then, to top it off, it's impossible to go to preview night unless you bought a ticket in advance the previous year while in attendence. So, to ever be able to do that, they've made it a 2-year commitment. IMO, if you can't nab a pass for the whole weekend, it's kind of a waste, since there's so much to see and do, you'll never be able to do it in a day. It was practically pure luck to get in on it last year too. The only thing I can say is to check the website daily for any info on sale dates, and be on it the second they release.

No, be on the site minutes before they release. They're sold out the second they release.

Otherwise, yeah, what mrosnwo said...

I got accepted! Woot!

Congratulations! We have accepted your 2012 volunteer application for COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL. This means you are a volunteer for 2012 and you do not need to buy a badge for yourself. You are guaranteed to get an assignment each day you want to volunteer and you may volunteer any or all of the days of the show, Thursday 7/12 thru Sun 7/15. You get a free badge for each day you volunteer. The badge is only good for that day and may not be transferred to another person

no preview night though, you should see if you can get a volunteer position then that would be the perfect thing then cause that's the hardest event to get into unless you've been going every year.
Congratz though!

JUST GOT MY TICKETS!!!!
Got a 4 Day Pass With Preview Night!!!
I was number 380 in line when the registration went live! This was awesome. Hope everyone got their tickets!

Complete fail for me. My e-mail link wouldn't even load the page for 20 minutes, and when it finally let me in, I was like 30,000 in line. I moved up about 800 or so slots every 2 minutes, which really isn't anything, and sat there watching the weekends go away, then Saturday go away, then Friday, and then I quit.

Glad I got a pair of 4 day + preview night for the girlfriend and I. I had her at her comp and me and mine waiting. At least this worked out better than when I tried to do BlizzCon a few years ago. I think I will make sure to prebuy tickets for next year. Even if for some weird reason I can't go - I'd rather waste the 175 then try to deal with getting them if it all goes to hell.

One thing I found kinda funny, it's actually cheaper to buy all the days seperately than it is to get the weekend pass now. If preview night was gone, that was the route I think I was going(but I never stood a chance anyway).

This is a reslae for people who missed at first go, these are tickets that were returned or canceled. And no you can't scalp your tickets. Con has been fighting hard against ticket resales incase of the abuse that happens that doesn't allow those fans with lower incomes to come and destroys the system of those who bought their tickets on time and actually want to go to the show.

I didn't even get a chance to buy my badge due to the lame waiting in line process. Chances are the 2nd chance sale I won't be lucky either.

[quote name='TheHelix']I got lucky for the resale and got 4 day badge + preview night :D[/QUOTE]

Nice... We bought ours on the first day, but preview night sold out as I exited the queue. We weren't even eligible to participate today.

Are you getting a hotel at all, or a parking pass? We're thinking about a hotel for one night, so we could be out in line early for next year's tickets. We tried to buy tickets last year for this year, and we went as early as public transport allowed, and we were nowhere near close to buying tickets.

I had to work on first registration day so I was really glad to get a badge today. I don't think I'm gonna get a hotel unless the crew I'm going with decides to get one. Probably gonna park at Fashion and trolley to the convention center like last time I went.

Like I stated earlier, I didn't get a chance again. I started in line at 6,100 and ended at 1,326. Worthless Comic Con!

Got in at 3200 and still couldn't even get a thursday or sunday badge. I was so excited to get to the front and I went do they won't even let me click on any badges. They gave me a little hope just to snatch it right away....

Guess I got lucky then. The link didn't load for 90 seconds when it hit 8 but I entered at 1250. Took 10 minutes but I got the 4 day badge with preview night. Sorry about you guys that didn't get it.

Hope for one more go!
Comic-Con will also sell additional returned badges sometime after the refund deadline date of May 15, 2012.
But if your serious about going I would definitely put a hotel reservation down right now. Most hotels allow cancellations upto 24 hours prior and they don't charge you till you check in. Hotels are already tight to get into. For those already who have tickets the discounted downtown rooms will begin being sold this Thursday 9 am pst. (THESE ARE NONREFUNDABLE)

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel_list.php

The Comic-Con International cancelled and returned badge resale will be open only to those who had a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID as of May 24th, 2012.Additionally, anyone who has already purchased a Comic-Con 4-day badge (with or without Preview Night) or Saturday badge will not be allowed to participate in this resale.

Please keep in mind that cancelled and returned badge inventory is very limited. There are only 5,000 single day badges for sale.

The resale will begin on May 31st, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT). There will be no link provided on any social media sites to access the sale directly.

The link for this resale is: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2012resale.php

Please note, this link will not be active until 8:00 a.m. PT. If you click this link early, you will receive a “404 – NOT FOUND” error page and you will need to close your browser window and click the link again at or after 8:00 a.m. PT. We recommend that you bookmark this link prior to the sale, copy and paste it into your browser, or manually type in the URL.

To verify the Member ID and last name you will use to sign-in to the EPIC online badge system, please visit https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/ and login to your Member ID account. Your correct EPIC login info will be displayed at the top of the page.

You will only be able to register up to two (2) people total during your online registration session and you must have the unique Member ID and last name for each individual. You may purchase up to four (4) single day badges (no duplicate days), while supplies last.

For specific rules and regulations for this resale, please visit: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg_badge_faq.php or http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php

Just came into some good fortune at work and will finally be able to attend a con after 7 years. I was looking at both Wonder-Con and Comic-Con for 2013 and it's a bit discouraging. I live in Maine and have never been on the west coast. I'm told that I NEED to go to Comic-Con at some point in my life. The unfortunate part is if tickets go on sale at the beginning of March, that's only a few weeks before Wonder-Con. So I could hold out on a hope and a prayer and try to get tickets to Comic-Con or I can take the safe bet and start my planning sooner (flight, hotel, etc) and try to get tickets to Wonder-Con. If it Wonder-Con is in Anaheim again in 2013, Disneyland would be in play. :) I guess a third option would be New York Comic-Con. Any advice would help.

[quote name='Havokscry']If it Wonder-Con is in Anaheim again in 2013, Disneyland would be in play. :)[/QUOTE]

San Diego to Disneyland is only about 2 hours each way, so don't let that rule it out.

[quote name='Havokscry']Just came into some good fortune at work and will finally be able to attend a con after 7 years. I was looking at both Wonder-Con and Comic-Con for 2013 and it's a bit discouraging. I live in Maine and have never been on the west coast. I'm told that I NEED to go to Comic-Con at some point in my life. The unfortunate part is if tickets go on sale at the beginning of March, that's only a few weeks before Wonder-Con. So I could hold out on a hope and a prayer and try to get tickets to Comic-Con or I can take the safe bet and start my planning sooner (flight, hotel, etc) and try to get tickets to Wonder-Con. If it Wonder-Con is in Anaheim again in 2013, Disneyland would be in play. :) I guess a third option would be New York Comic-Con. Any advice would help.[/QUOTE]

attend PAX-East

Not sure how much I would enjoy a gaming convention, compared to a pop culture/comic book convention. I've been to four Wizard Worlds, three in Philly and one in Boston. I know they don't compare to Comic-con, but I understand the concept of waiting in lines. :lol: A big part of me wants to see the west coast. This will be my first vacation trip in what will be 9 years.

Just a comment for you. As in the OP you can see this is my first Comic Con I am going to. I was hoping to get maybe 2 days in a row to go. This was also my first year trying and I was able to nab the hardest badge of them all 4 Days + Preview Night. If you want to go I think you should definitely try. The only tip I can have for you is have plenty of computers queued up to sign up. (I believe I had about 5 trying to get into line) Of course if its about ease I still think New York Comic Con is an option. It may not go to the degree of SDCC, but it still is a solid event and in my opinion better than WonderCon.
If you want to visit the rest of the west coast then the obvious choices still remain however I would still lean towards comic con.

Hi fellas, was able to grab Sunday only tickets the first time around. Since im fairly close (Arizona) we are driving out for the weekend and making it a little vacation. This is my first time at SDCC and was wondering what to expect on Sunday? Im taking my wife and 2 kids (5 & 3) not sure if its a great idea but still havent ruled out the possiblity of just me going while they hang out somewhere. Any advice on taking kids or what to expect on Sunday?

Yes kids are free, im not really worried about that, just is it still mayhem inside, long lines, is there still "Cool" stuff for sale. I just dont really know what to expect. Ive only been to Phoenix and Tucson Comic Cons. Nothing like SDCC

Anyone headed to SDCC and willing to help me purchase an item? Will pay a fee for your services and for shipping as well.

Drop me a PM if you're interested and we can work out the details.

I've wanted to go to Comic-Con for years now. After reading all these posts, I think I'm going to go for it next year. I live in MA, and have never traveled further than Maine (my family is boring to say the least...), so I think I'm going to try and get some friends to go with me! And the tip about having multiple computers on while waiting in queue is good and something I'll remember. Thanks for all the info guys, and I hope you enjoy your first year there, OP!

bread's done
Back