Command and Conquer the First Decade - $15.99 @ Amazon

typeRJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Command and Conquer: The First Decade is $15.99 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conqu..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1223395265&sr=1-9

Product Description
Command And Conquer: The First Decade is an incredible compilation of classic near-future strategy wargaming from the mega-hit series. With this special 10th anniversary edition, you get 12 strategy games and a bonus DVD of commemerative features.

Games included:

• Command & Conquer (Aug. 1995)
  • Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations (April 1996)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert (Oct. 1996)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert Counterstrike (Mar. 1997)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert The Aftermath (Sept. 1997)
  • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Aug. 1999)
  • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm (Feb. 2000)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (Oct. 2000)
  • Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge (Oct. 2001)
  • Command & Conquer: Renegade (Feb. 2002)
  • Command & Conquer: Generals (Feb. 2003)
  • Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour (Sept. 2003)
Almost bought this for $29.99 at Target the other day. I never played anything past Red Alert 2 so it's nice to get these games back in my collection with a few additions.

Last edited by a moderator:
$15.99. Good price. I have always loved the Command and Conquer games..
icon10.gif

[quote name='Hyperlancer']How do these games run on Vista? I remember having trouble running the older C&C games on just XP.[/quote]

It's re-released. As far as I know they edit the games to work on XP and vista.

Wow....great price. Should run fine on vista.....

Ordered with an Xbox Plug and Play kit for my son. Paid what I would have paid for the Command and Conquer collection just a short time ago....just under $30.00 shipped.

[quote name='robb01']Im picking this up, great price
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]

No doubt when one considers these games originally sold for $49.99 each.....well at least most in the collection. I believe Covert Operations was an add-on which sold for around $20.00.

Is this the Gold Edition of Command & Conquer? In that case, it wouldn't be the 1995 edition. Gold Edition blew chunks, and frankly, I thought the original was the best game of the series. I'd rebuy for a ported original C&C that would run in XP/Vista with network capability.

BEWARE! This is by EA, since Westwood is no longer around (not hating on EA, just saying support is non-existent). Some games work, some are glitchy, some don't work worth shit. I completely gave up on mine, it's just too much work. It's easier to get ahold of the old versions and run them through a virtual machine.

There ARE some unofficial patches out there, but I haven't personally used any of them.

See this thread from the official EA forum for more details:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=364872&tstart=0

[quote name='Zmonkay']BEWARE! This is by EA, since Westwood is no longer around (not hating on EA, just saying support is non-existent). Some games work, some are glitchy, some don't work worth shit. I completely gave up on mine, it's just too much work. It's easier to get ahold of the old versions and run them through a virtual machine.

There ARE some unofficial patches out there, but I haven't personally used any of them.

See this thread from the official EA forum for more details:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=364872&tstart=0[/quote]

thanks for the warning.. I almost bought it.

[quote name='Kandal']thanks for the warning.. I almost bought it.[/quote]

Holy crap that's a lot of patches and fixes. I'll try my luck and report back.

That's true for all C&C First Decade, right? Or only for this one that Amazon's selling?

I ordered a copied anyways with I Am Legend BD for Free Shipping. Thanks OP!

[quote name='yuy104']That's true for all C&C First Decade, right? Or only for this one that Amazon's selling?[/quote]

Far as I know all copies of C&C First Decade , cause it was an EA release from the get go. I think even Gamespot mentioned some of the problems of the release in the review for it. Despite the flaws they still recommended it for those that didn't have many/any of these games already.

I thought I saw it bundled with C&C3 awhile back, but it's like $40 or $50 though. I was thinking about getting this, but I only wanted Generals. So I went with the EA strategy pack (Black & White 2, Black & White 2 Battle of Gods, Command & Conquer Generals, Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour, Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth) for only $20 at GS.

i have the original C&C(the C&C3 prebuy bonus version), and the original Windows95 Red Alert.. both of them work on Vista, after you download the latest patch for each from EA's website. it wasn't TOO hard to get them running, and since these are the oldest ones in the package, I imagine the others must be somewhat easier to run.

funny story about that C&C1 copy i have.. i went into EB to buy C&C3 for my friend for his birthday(i already had my own copy) and the EB guy tells me they stopped selling PC games a few months ago but they had a bunch of preorder boxes for it. So he gave me one just because i asked for C&C3... seems silly that they had the boxes to beginwith if they don't sell the game at all.

to the OP, I saw this at a target in Virginia back in the springtime for $12.XX .. so maybe it was on clearance but noone ever labeled it?

[quote name='GordonG3cko']UPDATE! It's $13.50 now on Amazon![/quote]

$13.50 but not shipped by Amazon...meaning there is going to be shipping charges. For those with Prime (myself) or those who found fillers, Amazon's $15.99 was a better deal.

damn... just bought this for my kid a few weeks ago @ target.. I am going to order it and hope it has the exact UPC code from amazon and return it to target with my receipt. Thanks O.P.!

[quote name='GordonG3cko']UPDATE! It's $13.50 now on Amazon![/QUOTE]

$15.99 and not in-stock currently at Amazon.com. It must have been available at $13.50 for a very short time.

sux.. out of stock, though it will take 10-14 days from amazon, but I dunno how much time I have left on my target receipt for a return.

[quote name='thrall']It's re-released. As far as I know they edit the games to work on XP and vista.[/quote]

They did not edit the games you should see all the complaints in the forums on that package.

bread's done
Back