Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Mac) or (PC) $6 @ Direct2Drive

[quote name='Psybuster']Not bad, although it was $4 just a few days ago on Steam as a daily deal[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Steam only has the Windows versions of Command & Conquer.

-----

More Mac titles at Direct2Drive! (Note that some of these are now or were recently discounted at Steam):

Civilization IV (Mac) - $7.95

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition (Mac) - $7.49

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Mac) - $9.95

Foreign Legion (Mac) - $1.70

I would have gladly snatched up Splinter Cell Conviction if it didn't require an always-on internet connection for it's DRM. Too bad.

Does the Direct2Drive version of Red Alert 3 have limited SecuROM activations like the retail version?

[quote name='11440']Does the Direct2Drive version of Red Alert 3 have limited SecuROM activations like the retail version?[/QUOTE]

All signs point to "Yes". In my sleepless purchasing frenzy early this morning I missed this sentence in the product description:

"THIS GAME USES SECUROM ANTI-PIRACY TECHNOLOGY BY SONY DADC."

More info on Wikipedia.

Yeah I also got that RA3 "limited" edition (to 100,000!) when Best Buy was blowing em out for $10. Actually is a pretty cool edition - steel case - soundtrack on CD, extra DVD, and a Warhammer Online code that you could sell for $20 as well - if you can find that one for cheap somewhere a good bet - just checked E Bay - selling em for about $10 shipped give or take still - just food for thought ...

[quote name='beeman07']All signs point to "Yes". In my sleepless purchasing frenzy early this morning I missed this sentence in the product description:

"THIS GAME USES SECUROM ANTI-PIRACY TECHNOLOGY BY SONY DADC."

More info on Wikipedia.[/QUOTE]

That line only appears on the page for the Mac version, though. I wonder if there's any significance to the omission of this language from the page for the PC version.

bread's done
Back