Command screen at Startup

dejeckt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Firstly, doesn't seem like I should be posting this here (but didn't know where else to post it).

Are you suppose to see a glimpse of the command screen on Windows 7 Pro 64bit start up? My computer was freshly built a week ago, and at first I didn't have this problem initially. I checked msconfig and all the start up are something that I recognize.

The startup programs are...
Steam
Intel Common User Interface (x3, why are there three of these)
Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
Google Update
Catalyst
Microsoft Intellipoint (mouse)
Realtek HD

I've also ran mse and malwarebytes, and so far it picked up nothing.

If someone could help me out it'll be greatly appreciated.

No. But you can adjust it in the system preference somewhere.

I did not get the question really. Do you see the command at startup?

Try disabling the startup programs and restarting your computer, see if you still see the command prompt. If you don't, then you can rule it out by re-enabling them all and then disabling the programs one at a time, restart and repeat. You won't hurt anything.

@yester
Yea, I see the command come up less than a second. It's really not an issue, just an annoyance.

@red flare graf
Sounds like a good idea, kinda hoped there was a simple, clear cut answer. Will try in a bit.

Thanks

Check the startup items in the registry, see if there's anything weird.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

Well just did the trial and error for starup items, and I figured out what caused it. Feel like an idiot for not noticing this before.

Microsoft Windows Operating System
Cmd.exe /c start "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding Device Initialization" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml

What does this thing do? Do I need it?

*edit*
Seems like it's meant for transcoding videos through the vid card...it doesn't seem necessary for my use. So I'm assuming it's safe to keep it off.

[quote name='dejeckt']Well just did the trial and error for starup items, and I figured out what caused it. Feel like an idiot for not noticing this before.

Microsoft Windows Operating System
Cmd.exe /c start "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding Device Initialization" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml

What does this thing do? Do I need it?

*edit*
Seems like it's meant for transcoding videos through the vid card...it doesn't seem necessary for my use. So I'm assuming it's safe to keep it off.[/QUOTE]

I generally disable stuff if I don't know what it does. Software developers tend to bloat your startup items for no necessary reason. I'd keep it off unless you notice any adverse effects, which I doubt you will.

Not really the safest advice I've ever given, but I work on PCs a lot and it's always been my practice.

If you go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools you can check the System Configuration.
There you can say what and how you want to boot.
This should overwrite anything previously changed.

Editing registry do only with caution since you can impact your system to instability. So if you do, make a backup of the registry.

[quote name='Dezuria']Check the startup items in the registry, see if there's anything weird.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run][/QUOTE]

[quote name='yester']Editing registry do only with caution since you can impact your system to instability. So if you do, make a backup of the registry.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, yester. Anything under that registry key will show up in msconfig.exe, so there's no reason to go poking around in there.

[quote name='dejeckt']The startup programs are...
Steam
Intel Common User Interface (x3, why are there three of these)
Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
Google Update
Catalyst
Microsoft Intellipoint (mouse)
Realtek HD[/QUOTE]

Also, from my experience, you can disable the Realtek HD audio startup item without it effecting anything and shave a little time off your startup. I always turn off Google Update, too, but that's personal preference.

bread's done
Back