Commander Amarao's eyebrow raising Anime thread.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Excel Saga.[/quote]
mmmm nah....
Lucky Star is more similar to Azumanga Daioh or probably even Ichigo Mashimaro

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who said that?[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I was hoping you did.

Okay, obviously, I wasn't serious about the whole kids dying bit. Though I do supremely hate that commercial.

[quote name='JEKKI']yeay rite, wait 2 years to conclude something that will be done in 2 weeks -_-
[/QUOTE]
I'm just saying that it's not the end of the world if the last episode doesn't get stolen by people on the internet. You'll still be able to see it.

[quote name='Z-Saber']There are a few different releases of Death Note 36. I'll pick one tomorrow, though it's definitely going to be a crapshoot.[/QUOTE]
I took a shot on one by "Quick'n'Dirty", turned out alright. It was as plain as subbing can get but good enough.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I took a shot on one by "Quick'n'Dirty", turned out alright. It was as plain as subbing can get but good enough.[/quote]
I'm trying one from Ruberia, I'll find out how it turned out when I get home from work.

I'll support the Viz release when the time comes, but I need the fix now.

[quote name='Doylerulez']I'll support the Viz release when the time comes, but I need the fix now.[/quote]Agreed, though after hearing the dub trailer... well, I might wait for a big sale, you know?

[quote name='Bezerker']France. Theyre getting 4 different packages for Paprika, single disc, 2 disc SE, Paprika/Tokyo Godfathers Double Pack & the Blu Ray.

Not sure if the PS3 is a region free BR player, but it looks like france is a diff region coding. Theres also the japanese BR release (which is region 1), but ive yet to see any confirmation on whether it has english subs.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='AnimeonDVD']French Paprika Blu-ray Details Confirmed (04:27 PM EDT): We reported awhile back that the French release of Paprika on Blu-ray would have a number of options to it but that the details of the subtitles were hazy. According to a first hand report out today, the French release does indeed contain English language subtitles on it and is coded for all three regions.[/quote]
Here's some info.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Here's some info.[/quote]

Thanks, now i just have to decide on whether its worth the $33 to import. Like i said in my other post, i have a hard enough time spending $15 on a normal disc of anime. I found a fansubbed version of the japanese blu ray rip, but my computer doesnt really like x264's even with CCCP/coreAVC. Quality looks really good (the rip is a 720p rip, im sure the "full" is even better). Maybe ill splurge. I just put in an order for my PS3 so i should have it in 2 weeks (dont know why i didnt try referral sites earlier).

Hmm.... Shakugan no Shana is really good. I've had the first couple of DVDs for a long time now, but I finally got around to watching them and I'm pleasantly surprised. Very enjoyable action show so far and it doesn't feel like a rehash of every other anime out there which was my primary concern before going into the show. I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the DVDs.

bread's done
Back