Commodore 64 added to the VC

Commodore 64 support eh? Man, Nintendo is REALLY desperate for that baby boomer market! Screw putting more NES/SNES games on the thing, we need more text based adventure games!

Meh - never had a C64, it was always too rich for my family.

Now, if they could put Atari and Colecovision games on the VC then I could relive my (late) childhood. My true childhood would be, like, Pong and maybe Space Invaders, or perhaps just riding my bike :D.

[quote name='lordwow']$5 for a C64 game... ya...[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping that they're smart enough to not charge that much for them, but we'll see I guess.

I think this is great news, even if you couldn't care less about the C64 stuff.

The more games and systems the VC supports the better the chance of Nintendo taking over the world again! Muah-ha-ha!!!!!!!

(cue music)

Seriously, there are a bunch of games I'd get, if they're cheap enough to download. Summer/Winter Games I never got into as a kid, although I tried it, so that doesn't interest me. Bring on the Lode Runner though, and I'd be all over it!

is there going to be versions of all new/snes games? has anybody heard a specific finalized list of what's being put out. i know they had a launch list but as far as everything whats up?

T. Foolery

[quote name='lordwow']$5 for a C64 game... ya...[/QUOTE]Honestly, I would consider that worth the trouble of tracking the game down. I don't have much memory of the c64, but I would gladly pay $5 for, say, an old Amiga game. Many times it's just about what you have fond memories of.

I think the real story is that the the VC is embracing some obscure territory here. Nintendo KNOWS that large portions of today's gaming community (including like 99% of "casual" gamers) couldn't care less about C64 games. But they're doing this anyway. This bodes well! There's no telling which of your favorite games might get resurrected next!

I started playing video games on the Commodore 64. Space Taxi, Ghostbusters, Impossible Mission, Summer Games.....but I can't see paying $5 a piece for them. A dollar or two each and I'd think about it.

[quote name='screwkick']Sweet. No more typing: Load "*", 8, 1[/QUOTE]omg! Wow, you just woke up some obscure memories of me messing around on my cousin's commodore. And I still think $5 is entirely reasonable. I might get "Commando" if they have that, since I had a lot of fun playing that on my cousin's computer back in the day.

bread's done
Back