COMP USA cheapies - YMMV

Orrimarrko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
243 (100%)
I know there have been other posts regarding sales at Comp USA, but since this wasn't a sale, I just had to post.

My Comp USA has recently had this rack of reduced 360, PS3, PS2 and XBOX games for weeks now, but just recently dropped all of them to $10 each - regardless of any factor.

So, today I picked up all of these new/sealed games for $10 each:

Rapala Tournament Fishing
NBA Live 07
NCAA Football 07
NCAA March Madness 07

PS2
Ateller Iris 3 x2
Medal of Honor: Vanguard

I know this won't impress most, but when you collect for the 360 library, and don't buy used games, this was a welcome sale.

Through in the Ateller Iris 3 copies, which I don't care about (CML), and it was a good day.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to always check CompUSA - they won't advertise sales like these - they'll just do it. Hell, I even asked the manager if he'd lower the price of some of the previous games I got there (I was buying a lot), and he did.

Never hurts to try.

Peace,
Orri~

[quote name='Jedi1979']damn...i could use all those for my 360 collection...you didnt buy extras did you?;)[/quote]

They still had several copies of the two basketball games, but that's all.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']I know there have been other posts regarding sales at Comp USA, but since this wasn't a sale, I just had to post.

My Comp USA has recently had this rack of reduced 360, PS3, PS2 and XBOX games for weeks now, but just recently dropped all of them to $10 each - regardless of any factor.

So, today I picked up all of these new/sealed games for $10 each:

Rapala Tournament Fishing
NBA Live 07
NCAA Football 07
NCAA March Madness 07

PS2
Ateller Iris 3 x2
Medal of Honor: Vanguard

I know this won't impress most, but when you collect for the 360 library, and don't buy used games, this was a welcome sale.

Through in the Ateller Iris 3 copies, which I don't care about (CML), and it was a good day.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to always check CompUSA - they won't advertise sales like these - they'll just do it. Hell, I even asked the manager if he'd lower the price of some of the previous games I got there (I was buying a lot), and he did.

Never hurts to try.

Peace,
Orri~[/QUOTE]

i picked up iris 3 for free (though gottplay --- had pts left) really didnt care for it. its an okay game but the first one was the best

Last time I went to CompUSA they changed clearance games from Buy 1 Get 1 free (prices were basically 1 penny under retail) to 25% off...I walked out immediatly after seeing the 25% off sign :(

Went to the other COMP USA this afternoon, and they had a HUGE bin of games - DS, PSP, PS2, 360,etc...

All were Buy 1 Get 1 free, and they had already been marked down originally.

Today's haul:

Burnout Revenge (360)
WarTech: Senko No Ronde (360)
NBA Street Homecourt (360)
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (360)
Samurai Warriors 2 (360)
Shrek The Third (360)

Total = $85.46 including tax

That's $14.24 per game!!

Since I collect for the 360, this was a great day.

Tons left - I already had the others.

Damn I gotta stop by a CompUSA and see if these are in my area as well

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Went to the other COMP USA this afternoon, and they had a HUGE bin of games - DS, PSP, PS2, 360,etc...

Today's haul:

Burnout Revenge (360)
Samurai Warriors 2 (360)
Shrek The Third (360)

That's $14.24 per game!!

Tons left - I already had the others.[/quote]

Stopped by CompUSA today and they had no discounts at all. It went from Buy 1 get 1 free over the summer to 25% off at the end of summer to no deals at all. I'll stop by after Christmas and see if they have any deals.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Went to the other COMP USA this afternoon, and they had a HUGE bin of games - DS, PSP, PS2, 360,etc...

Today's haul:

Burnout Revenge (360)
Samurai Warriors 2 (360)
Shrek The Third (360)

That's $14.24 per game!!

Tons left - I already had the others.[/quote]

Was that at the Brodie Lane CompUsa? I was up visiting a friend last weekend and picked up NBA Live 07 for $10 there. I may have my buddy swing over there and pick up a couple of those titles for me if that's where you got them.

Today's haul:

Burnout Revenge (360)
Samurai Warriors 2 (360)
Shrek The Third (360)

That's $14.24 per game!!

Tons left - I already had the others.[/QUOTE]
nice pickups dude.

Stopped by my local CompUsa and I didn't see ANY games on sale at all......except for 1....

Picked up Madden 2007 Hall Of Fame Edition for $4.98. :ps2:

As soon as I had it rung up the manager went to look for any other copies of the game and pulled them from the shelf. Obviously, they were mispriced. At least I was able to get one.

[quote name='Will']The Brodie Lane store had the best clearance selection when I went a few weeks back.[/quote]

Yep, but they're all gone now... :(

Seeing as CompUSA stores are shutting down left and right- I'll have to file this under the "whoopty freaking do" I was down in California on vacation and they closed the one in Anehiem.

Sigh....

Oh well, I suppose it's good for the people next to the last 10 stores that are actually open.

bread's done
Back